Silencing/Modifying specific game sounds

Oubliette_Red

On 6/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Example:

Description: Glowie/Objective warble

Folder name: FrontEnd

File name: Objective_loop.ogg

I found a sound file that replaces the default objective sound with a louder and more obnoxious sound, but I've found that it only changed the sound for the 'click' objectives; destructible objectives still have the default (and mostly inaudible) sound. Does anyone have the name of the sound file for destructible objectives?

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

I found a sound file that replaces the default objective sound with a louder and more obnoxious sound, but I've found that it only changed the sound for the 'click' objectives; destructible objectives still have the default (and mostly inaudible) sound. Does anyone have the name of the sound file for destructible objectives?

That's more problematic since each destructible type will have it's own subfolder and related sfx. This is what I've located so far:

SOUND\OGG\DESTRUCTIBLES\IMDESTRUCTIBLE
SOUND\OGG\DESTRUCTIBLES\WEAPONRACK1
SOUND\OGG\ENEMIES\EGGEXPLO
SOUND\OGG\ENEMIES\NEMESISDRILL_LOOP
SOUND\OGG\ENEMIES\NEMESISDRILL2_LOOP
SOUND\OGG\TERRAVOLTA\ELECARC_LOOP
SOUND\OGG\THORNS\GRAVELDUST
SOUND\OGG\THORNS\GRAVELDUST2
SOUND\OGG\V_EXPLO\DUMPSTEREXPLO3
SOUND\OGG\V_EXPLO\FIREEXPLO3
SOUND\OGG\V_EXPLO\FIREEXPLO4
SOUND\OGG\V_EXPLO\FIREEXPLO5
SOUND\OGG\V_EXPLO\GRANITEEXPLO4
SOUND\OGG\V_EXPLO\PORTALEXPLO
SOUND\OGG\V_TRIAL\OBELISKEXPLO2
SOUND\OGG\V_TRIAL\OBELISKEXPLO1
SOUND\OGG\V_TRIAL\OBELISKEXPLO4
SOUND\OGG\V_TRIAL\OBELISKEXPLO3
SOUND\OGG\V_TRIAL\OBELISKFORCE_LOOP
SOUND\OGG\WEAPONS\METALEXPLO1

• Sad 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

10 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

That's more problematic since each destructible type will have it's own subfolder and related sfx. This is what I've located so far:

That's annoying. I noticed the issue in a mission where you have to get a number of the metal crates, with some of them being click-and-wait, and some having to be attacked and destroyed, and noticed that some of the crates weren't emitting the modified glowie sound. Thank you for the list; I'll have to see what I can do with them.

good morning. What is the name of the rage crash sound? its not very audible amongst all the hectic pews and booms of combat and for defense based sets rage crash is fatal if gone unnoticed. in theory id like to change to be a train whistle or something lol

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

• 2 months later

Has anyone compiled a list of the sound files needed to replace the Symphony Control powers' sounds? I'm a little excited to play with some Bill & Ted style guitar licks for each power rather than the generic non-offending original sounds that were released with it.  If not, could I please request them from one of you that is set up to extract those?

Has anyone had success silencing the explosion sound effects of Force Field Generator when it expires?

I created the appropriate folders listed in this thread (Weapons and V_Explo) I renamed the corresponding files listed with my silenced .ogg and it still makes the loud explosion noise. I tested modding other sounds to ensure it wasn't a setup issue (i.e. hasten, dog barks) and silenced all of those without issue, but the Force Field Generator still explodes loudly. 

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

@Dreamkeeper 

Former Triumph Veteran // Current Everlasting Player

Mains:

Silver Solder // Ceralt

On 9/10/2022 at 8:43 PM, OldPenn said:

Has anyone compiled a list of the sound files needed to replace the Symphony Control powers' sounds? I'm a little excited to play with some Bill & Ted style guitar licks for each power rather than the generic non-offending original sounds that were released with it.  If not, could I please request them from one of you that is set up to extract those?

Sorry, not that I am aware of. At least not yet anyway.

On 9/14/2022 at 7:14 PM, Dreamkeeper said:

Has anyone had success silencing the explosion sound effects of Force Field Generator when it expires?

I created the appropriate folders listed in this thread (Weapons and V_Explo) I renamed the corresponding files listed with my silenced .ogg and it still makes the loud explosion noise. I tested modding other sounds to ensure it wasn't a setup issue (i.e. hasten, dog barks) and silenced all of those without issue, but the Force Field Generator still explodes loudly. 

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

It's likely that it is using a sfx file from something else so it's name may be unrelated. I'm trying to hunt it down in PK's Rosetta Stone and have yet to locate it. I lost my Paragon Data Dump when my secondary drive died, still have a couple hours left on re-downloading all the decompressed files.

Update

@Dreamkeeper  try 'V_Explo\explomed2.ogg' after testing about 30 files I was able to silence the explosion with that one. There is still a burn sfx going at the same time, but it's much quieter than the explosion even with game sfx volume nearly max'd out, can't even hear it at my normal audio setting.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 weeks later

Wow, all of this is really useful!! 

For those looking for a substitute for Audacity, GoldWave is still a thing, and while there is a "pay for it" unlock code ($20), the free version should work to allow you to create silences and edit volume ('gain') levels within sounds.  It also exports to nearly any sound format you can think of including Ogg, in whatever bitrate and sample rate you'd like, either mono or stereo.  It also includes a TON of effects and tools (gating, flangers, reverb/echo, chorus effects, noise reduction, fades and voiceover drops, and so on and so forth), along with effects chains and batch processing logic for multiple files.   It comes in Windows/iOS/Android flavors.

More info about GoldWave Here

• Thanks 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 9/25/2022 at 2:54 AM, MistressOhm said:

Wow, all of this is really useful!! 

For those looking for a substitute for Audacity, GoldWave is still a thing, and while there is a "pay for it" unlock code ($20), the free version should work to allow you to create silences and edit volume ('gain') levels within sounds.  It also exports to nearly any sound format you can think of including Ogg, in whatever bitrate and sample rate you'd like, either mono or stereo.  It also includes a TON of effects and tools (gating, flangers, reverb/echo, chorus effects, noise reduction, fades and voiceover drops, and so on and so forth), along with effects chains and batch processing logic for multiple files.   It comes in Windows/iOS/Android flavors.

More info about GoldWave Here

Thanks for the info on an Audacity replacement. I'm still using an old Audacity that I won't be updating, but I might check out GoldWave.

I haven't checked into it myself, but people have said it's no longer freeware or trialware. 

It may have gone subscription-based, which unless you're actively updating something constantly (like, say, AV software or games) it's basically a money grab.

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

19 hours ago, Hardship said:

What happened with Audacity? Just that the software was acquired by the Muse Group? Or is there something sinister going on with it that I've not heard about? I seldom use Audacity, but I have used it in the past for a project or two. 

There were major concerns being voiced over the change in the User Agreement. Muse released an updated CLA (Contributor License Agreement ) after they had already updated the license. And then did the same thing with their Privacy Policy. Because of the wording people had major concerns over privacy and data collection. There's an article that tries to explain everything below:

https://cdm.link/2021/07/audacity-makers-clarify-data-usage-and-theres-not-reason-to-dump-the-editor-yet/

Audacity also attempted too clarify on their GitHub page:

https://github.com/audacity/audacity/discussions/1225

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later
22 hours ago, Xenon62 said:

Has anyone figured out where the "Trick" and "Treat" sound effects (the "thunk" for Trick, the bells for Treat) are found?

I have not come across sfx files specific to those to events as of yet.

• 1 month later
On 12/27/2022 at 8:07 PM, Dreamkeeper said:

Apologies if this already exists somewhere and I overlooked it, but does anyone know the file names to silence the "pain yelps" the wolves in beast mastery let out when they are hit?

Possibly these:

SOUND\OGG\DOG\DOG_WHIMPER_01
SOUND\OGG\DOG\DOG_WHIMPER_02
SOUND\OGG\DOG\DOG_WHIMPER_03

• 1 month later

@Oubliette_Red Is there a way to point a power to use a different power's sound? For example I want Battle Axe to use the SFX of mace. I see that Chop uses AXE5 and Pulverize uses MACEHIT2. Can I tell Chop to use MACEHIT2 or do I need to somehow extract MACHIT2 and rename it to AXE5 and put it in my sound folder?

I don't mind digging up piggs files but I can't seem to find updated info on how. My game is installed via the HC install/launcher so I don't think I have a piggs folder. I downloaded the python tool listed earlier in this thread but don't know where to drop the readpigg file from the cohtools

EDIT: Following @_NOPE_'s guide earlier in the thread using pigg viewer pro, I found the sound files (located in the assets/issue 24 subfolder) for Axe and Mace and was able to extract them to compare.

Mace is definitely "crunchier"

AXE5 - used for Chop

MACEHIT2 used for Pulverize

Edited by shadowrex2

On 2/6/2023 at 8:39 PM, SuperBear said:

We need some Symphony sounds.

Did a quick search while I was digging in the sound files for something else but found the following that may be Symphony Control in the "Enemies" section

Here is TOV_Siren_SongHit_Major

Seductive Song:

The others in the list:

image.png.07dacf12186baa977f5d140d284faa07.png

Edited by shadowrex2

1 hour ago, shadowrex2 said:

@Oubliette_Red Is there a way to point a power to use a different power's sound? For example I want Battle Axe to use the SFX of mace. I see that Chop uses AXE5 and Pulverize uses MACEHIT2. Can I tell Chop to use MACEHIT2 or do I need to somehow extract MACHIT2 and rename it to AXE5 and put it in my sound folder?

I don't mind digging up piggs files but I can't seem to find updated info on how. My game is installed via the HC install/launcher so I don't think I have a piggs folder. I downloaded the python tool listed earlier in this thread but don't know where to drop the readpigg file from the cohtools

EDIT: Following @_NOPE_'s guide earlier in the thread using pigg viewer pro, I found the sound files (located in the assets/issue 24 subfolder) for Axe and Mace and was able to extract them to compare.

Mace is definitely "crunchier"

If you change it by repackaging the game's .pigg files, any updates could just overwrite them.

It's much simpler to just take they sfx file you want to use, copy it into the appropriate data/ogg folder that Battle Axe uses then rename it to the Battle Axe sfx file name you wish to use. Just make sure that the sfx files are of similar length.

36 minutes ago, shadowrex2 said:

Did a quick search while I was digging in the sound files for something else but found the following that may be Symphony Control in the "Enemies" section

There's another thread, I think up in the Tools & Utilities section where someone was able to sus most of them out, I just haven't had a chance to update my spreadsheets here.

Edit:

Yep, up in this thread @SuperBear managed to locate may of the Symphony sfx

Edited by Oubliette_Red