Silencing/Modifying specific game sounds

Oubliette_Red

Thank you for all your help!
I am trying to silence a noise made by the Spiderlings summoned by the level 35 power Summon Spiderlings in Crab Spider training. 
Every 20 seconds or so, they pulse with purple electricity and make a noise. That is what I would  like to silence.
Any ideas which .ogg it is and where it is found?

3 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Thank you for all your help!
I am trying to silence a noise made by the Spiderlings summoned by the level 35 power Summon Spiderlings in Crab Spider training. 
Every 20 seconds or so, they pulse with purple electricity and make a noise. That is what I would  like to silence.
Any ideas which .ogg it is and where it is found?

I will take a look. Probably won't be until later or some time tomorrow.

@Vulpoid Can you tell me what toggles are active on your Crab Spider? Epic Power Pool? Incarnate powers? The Spiderling power is level 35 but it seems that they alone do not pulse or make any noise so I wonder if it's a toggle that also affects them.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

2 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I will take a look. Probably won't be until later or some time tomorrow.

@Vulpoid Can you tell me what toggles are active on your Crab Spider? Epic Power Pool? Incarnate powers? The Spiderling power is level 35 but it seems that they alone do not pulse or make any noise so I wonder if it's a toggle that also affects them.

Yes, sorry about that. It is a purple electricity crackle effect. I am running all the Tactical Training buffs, as well as Maneuvers. I bet it is something like that.  If it is a buff, I can deal with that by de-toggling one by one until I find it, and then use your helpful chart to solve it. Sorry to trouble you! I was afraid it was just a constant Spiderling effect.

2 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Yes, sorry about that. It is a purple electricity crackle effect. I am running all the Tactical Training buffs, as well as Maneuvers. I bet it is something like that.  If it is a buff, I can deal with that by de-toggling one by one until I find it, and then use your helpful chart to solve it. Sorry to trouble you! I was afraid it was just a constant Spiderling effect.

No bother at all. I have a Crab Spider on test that I had only leveled up to 24, jumped on earlier and raised him to 35. That's when I noticed that the spiderlings didn't seem to have their own buff 'tic'. If you can test all your toggles and find that the one that's causing the issue, that'll help narrow it down. Since it's something that 'tics' repeatedly, as opposed to when it's toggled on, then it might not be listed,

I try to test these in someplace quiet, like a base. Since I have base ambient silenced as well as the portal.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 weeks later

I'd like to replace Homecoming's main menu music with the theme song from CoH Freedom, but I can't find it anywhere, even after using the Pigg Viewer linked earlier in this thread. I know the file name is supposed to be h_music2_loop.ogg (I got it from ParagonWiki and every music file there seems to have its original name: https://paragonwiki.com/w/images//b/bb/H_music2_loop.ogg). I can't find it in the spreadsheet Oubliette_Red shared either.

If the song isn't in pigg files, then where is it? The developers had to have either found it somewhere, or put it somewhere, for it to show up in the game, right? Or was it renamed at some point? If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally found it! It turns out I had to look in the hc-beta subfolder instead of the piggs one. The path to replace the main menu music is data/sound/ogg/frontend/h_menumusic_loop.ogg, in the main Tequila folder as usual.

Edited by Adipup
Found it.
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Adipup said:

I'd like to replace Homecoming's main menu music with the theme song from CoH Freedom, but I can't find it anywhere, even after using the Pigg Viewer linked earlier in this thread. I know the file name is supposed to be h_music2_loop.ogg (I got it from ParagonWiki and every music file there seems to have its original name: https://paragonwiki.com/w/images//b/bb/H_music2_loop.ogg). I can't find it in the spreadsheet Oubliette_Red shared either.

If the song isn't in pigg files, then where is it? The developers had to have either found it somewhere, or put it somewhere, for it to show up in the game, right? Or was it renamed at some point? If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally found it! It turns out I had to look in the hc-beta subfolder instead of the piggs one. The path to replace the main menu music is data/sound/ogg/frontend/h_menumusic_loop.ogg, in the main Tequila folder as usual.

Thanks for providing that info, it allowed me to locate the other menu music which is now in the chart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Description: Ball Lightning

Folder name: Powers

File name: EC_BallLightning_Attack_01.ogg

Description: Electric Fences

File name: EC_ElectricFence_Activate_01.ogg

Description: Electric Fences continuing sound

File name: EC_ElectricFence_Continuing_Loop.ogg

Here's some missing info for the Sonic Attack power

Description: Sonic Attack > Screech

Folder name: Powers

File name: SonicScreech.ogg

Description: Sonic Attack > Dreadful Wail

File name: ScreamPBAOE.ogg

Description: Sonic Attack > Power hits Target

File name: sonichit2.ogg

And one for the character select screen

Category: N_UI

Description: Click 'Next' on char select

Folder name: N_UI

File name: N_Launch.ogg

I created a mod for the last one to replace the generic 'click' with the old-school 'pew' sound as it existed earlier in the game's timeline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

Description: Spines > Quills (Hit)

Folder: Powers

File name: Quills6.ogg

(This leaves a slight goo sound.)

Description: Spines > Throw Spines (Hit)

Description: Spines > Impale (Hit)

I like it on those two. :(

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

gez for unknow reasons my w10 freeze the window once i renamed , took 2 tries....hope i can mute that psionic dart 😛

doh figured it category is the folder and folder the subfolder 😄

worked ^_^

Edited by warlyx
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:23 PM, warlyx said:

gez for unknow reasons my w10 freeze the window once i renamed , took 2 tries....hope i can mute that psionic dart 😛

doh figured it category is the folder and folder the subfolder 😄

worked ^_^

You shouldn't need a folder and sub-folder for the majority of the sfx. The 'Category' column just allows me to break down the sfx into logical sections. Many came from the Legacy forums and looking at Psionic Dart I realized that the order didn't appear correct. It should have the folder as 'Powers' with psionic4 as the sfx. I have updated it.

Glad you found a solution. 🙂

Edited by Oubliette_Red

2 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You shouldn't need a folder and sub-folder for the majority of the sfx. The 'Category' column just allows me to break down the sfx into logical sections. Many came from the Legacy forums and looking at Psionic Dart I realized that the order didn't appear correct. It should have should folder as 'Powers' wit psionic4 as the sfx. I have updated it.

Glad you found a solution. 🙂

ahhh ok that explains then 😄

• 2 weeks later
On 7/8/2019 at 6:26 PM, MerryMayhem said:

Electricity Mastery - Lightning Field

I have tried

...\CoH\data\sound\Ogg\Powers\lightningfield.ogg

...\CoH\data\sound\Ogg\V_Powers\lightningfield2.ogg

neither seems to be it. If anyone knows how to silence Lightning Field, I would be grateful.

Description: Lightning Field (Blaster - Elec Manip, Sentinel - Elec Mastery)

File name: ChainLight2_loop.ogg

• Thanks 1

Oubliette you absolute legend, thanks for the Lightning Field fix! 😄

Does anyone know the sound for Proton Stream (Radiation Blast)? I tried to give the .pigg viewers a go myself, but the standalone programs don't work on my machine and I'm struggling to make heads or tails of the online .pigg viewer.

2 hours ago, nihilii said:

Oubliette you absolute legend, thanks for the Lightning Field fix! 😄

Does anyone know the sound for Proton Stream (Radiation Blast)? I tried to give the .pigg viewers a go myself, but the standalone programs don't work on my machine and I'm struggling to make heads or tails of the online .pigg viewer.

Do you mean Proton Volley? What AT?

As has been seen with Lightning Field, it may not be the same across all ATs...  -.- 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nihilii said:

My bad: Proton Stream is the Sentinel version of Proton Volley.

I was thinking it might be that, but hadn't had a chance to hit up Beta to verify.

• 2 weeks later

@The Philotic Knight, remind me later that this is the kind of thing I'd like to see added to that project as well. Maybe as a sort of expanded function.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later
On 2/24/2020 at 7:01 PM, Meben said:

(This leaves a slight goo sound.)

Folder: Enemies

File name: poisonhit2.ogg

• Thanks 1