The Witch's House NOW OPEN

Dacy

• Community Rep

Now(3).thumb.png.92c7cf6e3156689d430ce26c82ff5894.png

If you visited last year, you've been looking forward to this year, and it will not disappoint! Twice as big, more thrills, chills, and some nights will have scare actors. If you didn't get to visit last year...well, you are in for a scary treat! Come see why this is a huge favorite at Halloween! (even if you have to make an alt to visit Everlasting, it's worth it, I promise!)

-Dacy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Up 5

Disclaimer: I have no connection whatsoever to OP or the project.

I have one lowbie alt on Everlasting, not played in triple figure days.

Have been playing since way back in the day and have visited a fair number of guest SG’s.

If you do nothing else during the event you must go and experience what in my humble opinion is the most astonishing creation I have ever encountered since my day one ingame.

This SG is simply epic and on a scale that makes my head explode.

I do not have the literary ability to do it all justice in a post, you have to go explore to understand the originality, planning,cunning and sneakiness contained within. 

And it made me laugh and scratch my head in equal amounts, fab.

Respect and tips hat to the creator. Thank you 👏👏👍👍👻👻

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Dropping a comment here so that I won't forget this exists.  I would go over right now, but I'm at work.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

"I'll just head up those stairs-- OH GOD"

and that was how my witch house adventure started.

• Haha 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

OK, I'm used to bases that blow mine away but this?!

This Witch's House blows them away!

Not just amazing building techniques, but taking advantage of glitches to scary effect. Invisible things I didn't even know could be invisible. PCs as set decorations! It's outrageous!

Well worth transferring to Everlasting to experience it! Can the GMs clone it to every server? (And give Dacy royalties?)

All it needs is an AV fight at the end and it would be one of my favorite TFs!

(My only tiny suggestion: It would be great if the captive PCs had bios that hinted at their horrid fates. But I'm a well-known Bio addict.)

Edited by DoctorDitko
To add typo, apparently.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• Community Rep
2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

(My only tiny suggestion: It would be great if the captive PCs had bios that hinted at their horrid fates. But I'm a well-known Bio addict.)

why did I not think of this!!! Check back later…I’m out of town this weekend, but I promise bios by next weekend!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Excellent! I look forward to it! But I can't wait, I have to drag my SGmates there on our regular Monday team-up. Our base architect is gonna plotz!

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• Community Rep

In the evening, and there will be at least two live actors working, sounds like we’re getting more all the time, so there may be more. I recommend going when there are live actors, it really adds to the experience.

-Dacy

• Like 1

• Community Rep

Y’all, I’m out of town, but the crew has really cranked it UP, lots of action at the Witch’s House now and later tonight!! Expect the unexpected. The REALLY unexpected!

-Dacy 

This is like those little haunted walks you see in cornfields during Halloween in small towns, except in City of Heroes. As others have stated, this is above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined possible with the SG base builder. It's really damn impressive, definitely worth a look for anybody reading this.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

• Community Rep

Thank you all so much! I am the sole builder, but I’ve got a very amazing crew helping out with just everything!! @Easter Bunny is my number one, he’s done some amazing costume work, and has just been there nearly nonstxop this weekend, when I couldn’t be there.  Plus, he operates some of the characters at times. @V.V (not sure of her forum name) has been invaluable as my Special Tormentor (her requested title) in gathering actor recruits and, like EB, chiming in with ideas. @IIXjokerXII (again unsure of forum name) came up with a character that inspired a whole section, and who has been a runaway hit, plus he and V.V have RL experience with Haunted Houses that has been helpful with planning the scares. Several GMs have been adding to the fun in huge ways, if you went in yesterday, you might know what I’m talking about. 😏 Not sure if I’m supposed to tag them or not… And, I have several scare actors who also helped hugely this weekend, with more joining soon. Shoutouts to @betsumei, @Rookery., and @Vududawl, hopefully I got those right. 

Oh, and to all of you, if you didn’t see anyone or get chased, TURN AROUND, also, TURN OFF SPRINT.  Some folks zip thru areas so fast, they are missing some things. 😊

-Dacy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Very cool, although I sorta got lost  for a while which can be a problem, fortunately it was an interesting LOST. Really Impressive, wouldn't even know where to start to build something like that, Thanks for sharing it.

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Wonderful work!  Tricky and made me hate you, because I kept getting stuck in the room with... well, I better not give it away here.  😃 

Lots of fun, even for my wife, who doesn't play, watching me navigate it over my shoulder.  (I went poking around with a current alt named Spookhouse Horror, at about 4 am.  Bumped into another player and felt compelled to let them know I wasn't part of the decor, despite the name and look, ha ha)

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Did a run through of this and it was AMAZING!! some trully epic work on both the base and the characters  only had a couple minor issues in navigation where i accidently ended up back in a place id allready been. maybe a minor suggestion to provide a smidge more comprehensive navigation might be in order but beyond that minor nit pick i have nothign but HIGH props for @Dacy and co they gave us an epic experience i highly reccomend seeing it

Edited by catsi563
  • Like 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

I just want to give a shout out to Mr. Bocor who came to my rescue when I was absolutely lost twice. He was such a great guide!

I've got two paths left to explore - I'm doing it with a friend on our weekly game night! She was AMAZED.

• Like 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.