Fury bar question

kubwulf

I admit, I'm lazy.  I did not perform a thorough search of the forums so I apologize if this is covered somewhere, but the terms I did search did not give me what I was looking for.

I've been playing my brute for several weeks now, he's my main since returning.  My question: Is it possible to get the fury bar past 85%?

No matter how many mobs I have on me, no matter how often I'm hitting the mobs, 85 seems to be the max.  If it is possible to exceed that point, how?

yeah but its rare.  Never tested it myself, but I think the scale causes it to degrade faster the higher you go to the point its almost impossible.

On the other hand, auto combine macros for inspirations solves the issues for more damage.  Provided you are not on a team, you can turn 20 random small inspirations into 6 reds with spares, eat them, and by the time the next round of minions is dead you already have half a tray of random inspirations to combine again.  My farmer usually runs about 400% percent on smalls, which drops like crazy once you use the P2W vender to block out medium and large.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I largely ignore the fury bar and keep damage buffs as a tracked combat attribute. Fury seems to stabilize at about 175% +dmg (once you back out other damage buffs).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 10/11/2021 at 10:41 AM, kubwulf said:

It isn't an issue of the damage per se, rather I was questioning the design.  The bar has a 100 max top end.  But I've never been able to achieve that.  It is an odd design choice to cap at 85.

I hovered my cursor over the bar, with my fire farmer, in the Big Mobs Tunnel map...highest I saw was 93, while being completely surrounded and attacked.  Don't know what the 0-100 numeric display equates to, however, I just cruise along leaving bodies in my wake...

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

11 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

I hovered my cursor over the bar, with my fire farmer, in the Big Mobs Tunnel map...highest I saw was 93, while being completely surrounded and attacked.  Don't know what the 0-100 numeric display equates to, however, I just cruise along leaving bodies in my wake...

Should be 1 fury = 2% damage buff unless something changed when I wasn't looking.

1 minute ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Should be 1 fury = 2% damage buff unless something changed when I wasn't looking.

Thanks, and that would make sense.  Probably a rounding error, if 185% is max fury...

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Are yall using the +fury brute AT IO proc regularly?

Ran out to the war zone, opened combat monitor, have that fury proc in followup, chained my normal followup, focus, slash chain on a pylon and saw fury hit 198% damage, so 99 fury. Probably would have seen it cap if I had a herd of monkeys on me.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Are yall using the +fury brute AT IO proc regularly?

Ran out to the war zone, opened combat monitor, have that fury proc in followup, chained my normal followup, focus, slash chain on a pylon and saw fury hit 198% damage, so 99 fury. Probably would have seen it cap if I had a herd of monkeys on me.

I have it in Blazing Aura and haven't checked the combat log closely enough to see how often it procs.  Again, I have this only on my fire farmer, and the "Big Mobs" mooks drop pretty fast already. 😆

This is deep CoH history.  Short answer: effectively NO. Although with Villain Alignment power and some other rare/odd circumstances it will be higher than 85 for a few seconds.

Long answer. NO. But the reason is Brutes were regularly out damaging Scrappers on Live.  To "Fix' this the Devs "effectively" capped the Fury at 85%. To throw Brutes a bone they also softened the Fury decay quite a bit.  But over 85% the Decay is INSANE.  This made Brute do less damage than Scrappers, although not by tons. I give no numbers or formulas. But that is the lore.

I would suggest not going to the Furry Bar, but that's just me.

spacer.png

I'm not going to judge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 2 weeks later
On 10/13/2021 at 2:55 PM, Sovera said:

Got it on my toggle which is probably not the best use, but meh.

This is where I put my Brute ATO1 proc at for my EM/FA. Seems to work fine. And in my other brutes with PBAOE auras I tend to do the same.

I rarely see it over 85 in content, but in a farm, it's rare to see Fury below 92, and it's usually in the 95-97 range.  This is where Speed of Sound adds to DPS... soon as I'm down to bosses in one spawn, I Jaunt to the next and proceed to beat the tar out of them... wash, rinse, repeat.  I don't give the Fury Bar a chance to back off in between mobs.  

I understand *why* Fury isn't easy to get to 100, but it kind of sucks that you have to go into a completely artificial situation to even see it hit 100, and even then it is only there for a fleeting second or two here and there.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 11/1/2021 at 11:15 PM, Outrider_01 said:

Random thought, damage IOs top out at 95%-is on normal 3 ED slotting.  Could fury bar be following ED scaling for the +DMG and than stack on normal slotting for the attack?

No.  Fury used to work the way everyone here expects on Live.  Then late in live it was obvious Brutes were out damaging Scrappers.  Brutes got the nerf hammer applied to the Fury Bar.  On the bright side they did change Fury degeneration so it does not drop like a stone out of combat anymore.   (it used to fall....FAST...when the punching stopped)  

Interestingly Brutes still have an incredibly high maximum damage bonus.  Although this is only achievable through a lot of inspiration eating and or incredible team buffs it is quite valuable.  Its just that last 15% of Fury will NEVER help you get there.

I honestly thought that Brutes only have a high Damage cap, because of Fury. Once you take Fury out of the equation (and the ability to get close to +200% damage from it) brutes Damage cap is only 500%, which is the same as everyone else. Granted, it used to be higher (wasn't the cap closer to 800% before? Giving brutes an extra 100% above other ATs once you factor out Fury?)

image.gif.21c42d1551bd1aeac6118cedec3e942d.gifIt all stacks. Brute damage cap is +700%. Enhancements are about 95% and full Fury is about 200%. That gives you another 400% to play with. Build Up is 80% and the proc is another 80%. Without buffs from Kinetics, you're unlikely to get close to the cap.    

quoting  Uun.  image.gif.fa7e6b6fc43234ac0023c17a003e1092.gifThread "Best Powersets for High Damage Brutes"  

I will add that you can hover at the 400-550 range pretty regular while farming or with a strong team.  And with Incarnate Team Inspirations?   OMFG

Edited by Snarky