No Badges for Banners?

Clave Dark 5

I just did the banners in PI and turns out I didn't get any badges for it, none for the banners, none for the GM at end.  I did get to choose the temp power reward though.  Going over the wiki page for the banners, nothing stood out to me as "ah-ha, that explains it!"  The only straw I might grasp at here was that I wasn't wearing a ToT costume?  But surely that would be included on the wiki page if it was necessary... right?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Wearing a costume isn't necessary as far as I am aware. Were you solo or on a small light-damage team? I can't recall the exact numbers but I believe each team must do a certain percentage of damage to qualify for those single-target defeat badges (like the ones for defeating giant monsters).

• Like 2

Look in your Events tab under badges. Double check.

If you don't have them... Were you on a team, or solo? Maybe it's like fighting GMs where you have to do X percentage of damage to get the badges. 

What Chemist said and beat me to it. LoL

Edited by TraumaTrain

I double checked under events.  None.  No I did not do this last year on a character that I only created in July, ha ha.

The wiki pages says The badge for defeating the Giant Monster is another story; you or your team will have to do at least 10% of the damage to get credit for the badge so that might cover him, but what about the banners?  Unless of course the wiki page is o\incomplete.  I was not solo nor on a team, but in a league.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The game doesn't care how big your league is when awarding badges for monsters, if your individual team within the league didn't make the cut then there's no badge to be awarded.  If you're part of a league, but still alone on team 4, you would still need to meet that 10% threshold yourself.

ToT costumes aren't necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

12 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

The game doesn't care how big your league is when awarding badges for monsters, if your individual team within the league didn't make the cut then there's no badge to be awarded.  If you're part of a league, but still alone on team 4, you would still need to meet that 10% threshold yourself.

ToT costumes aren't necessary.

So the Wiki is incomplete.  OK, thanks.

ETA -- Oh, and wrong about the quoted segment about getting the badge for the GM.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

Go have fun!

12 hours ago, arcane said:

You definitely have to contribute a bit against each banner. I only got 2 of 4 badges first time around because our league was spread out.

I did, we had a TPer bamfing us from one to the next.

Go have fun!

So I was doing this on a different toon, a Bots MM who can dish out some damage you bet!  And I did manage to get most of the badges this time, so unless someone looks into the code and comes up with different info, it really does appear that you DO have to do a certain percent of damage not just "any" or not to be just "nearby when it happens."  Of course, what that percentage is...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go have fun!