Most damaging AoE powerset

Xandyr

2 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I just wish it was a better map. I hate the drop shafts as I miss them too often.

Getting old sucks when you can't find the hole even in broad daylight, Bill.

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I just wish it was a better map. I hate the drop shafts as I miss them too often.

I'm constantly jumping over to the other side, etc...

The only way I constantly hit them is to go to the side and jump into the flipped up grate.

Thanks for the replies. 

I'm trying to figure out the most AoE from a Tanker's SECONDARY powerset ... NOT what goes best with Fire Armor.Everyone knows Fire ARMOR has the most AoE (PRIMARY)..

I just want to know , standalone  what SECONDARY outputs the most AoE.

I don't see how MA can even remotely be considered most AoE, as it only has 1 power that's AoE.

I'm going to stick with Fire MELEE, Staff, and Electric as the most damaging AoE secondary powersets.

Of those 3, I personally think Staff has the most,  but I do not have numbers or a spreadsheet or anything of the sort to prove it.

Edited by Xandyr

7 minutes ago, Xandyr said:

Thanks for the replies. 

I'm trying to figure out the most AoE from a Tanker's secondary primary. Everyone knows Fire ARMOR has the most AoE (PRIMARY).

I don't see how MA can even remotely be considered most AoE, as it only has 1 power that's AoE.

I'm going to stick with Fire MELEE, Staff, and Electric as the most damaging AoE secondary powersets.

Of those 3, I personally think Staff has the most,  but I do not have numbers or a spreadsheet or anything of the sort to prove it.

Surprisingly it does. A FF proc in Dragon's Tail increases the number of Burns-per-minute and being an AoE it nearly ensures they procs happen back to back (slight hyperbole). It also animates faster.

Anyway, I tested it, same time to clean a farm test as the Claws version (and Spin is so much higher damage....) but able to reach 45% defense to melee, ranged and AoE.

1 hour ago, Xandyr said:

Staff

OK, I gotta hear the reasoning for this one. I've done Staff on a scrapper and stalker and everything about the set, performance wise, was abysmal. Why is it different on Tankers?

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

OK, I gotta hear the reasoning for this one. I've done Staff on a scrapper and stalker and everything about the set, performance wise, was abysmal. Why is it different on Tankers?

Were you focusing on AoE output? I've got a staff/bio scrapper that runs both +damage forms and I found the AoE output pretty dang good. Course, bio makes all damage exceptional...

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Were you focusing on AoE output? I've got a staff/bio scrapper that runs both +damage forms and I found the AoE output pretty dang good. Course, bio makes all damage exceptional...

Oh. I'm just looking for reasoning for it over other sets.

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

Surprisingly it does. A FF proc in Dragon's Tail increases the number of Burns-per-minute and being an AoE it nearly ensures they procs happen back to back (slight hyperbole). It also animates faster.

Anyway, I tested it, same time to clean a farm test as the Claws version (and Spin is so much higher damage....) but able to reach 45% defense to melee, ranged and AoE.

Assuming you take Fire Armor. I was just curious which secondary actually had the most AoE potential. 

5 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Guarded Spin, Innocuous Strikes, and Eye of the Storm are all pbaoe/cone. Tanks have a larger radius, so you hit pretty much everything around you. And I've found that the Armageddon proc in Innocuous Strikes seems to fire very reliably.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xandyr said:

Guarded Spin, Innocuous Strikes, and Eye of the Storm are all pbaoe/cone. Tanks have a larger radius, so you hit pretty much everything around you. And I've found that the Armageddon proc in Innocuous Strikes seems to fire very reliably.

I'd put Titan Weapons above Staff. Titan has 3 cones and 1 PBAoE.

I love Staff on a scrapper but hate it on a tank. I'd rather do Dual Blades for the same amount of AoE, or Spines or Rad Melee for another damage aura. Rad Melee can do lots of AoE with a proc'd up Irradiated Ground.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

I'd put Titan Weapons above Staff. Titan has 3 cones and 1 PBAoE.

I love Staff on a scrapper but hate it on a tank. I'd rather do Dual Blades for the same amount of AoE, or Spines or Rad Melee for another damage aura. Rad Melee can do lots of AoE with a proc'd up Irradiated Ground.

I just can't get into TW. Just feels so slow.  And I haven't played DB since Live and don't remember much about it. How is it?

33 minutes ago, mcdoogss said:

No one else mentioned Ice so I will, Frost is a great cone/targeted aoe that comes at level 4

Should also be noted that Frost is one of those cones that can be range enhanced, which is a big deal in combination with Tanker's +50% arc width.  It means you can make that sucker a 15ft range, 135 degree cone.  And it hits 16 targets.  Move to one side of a packed spawn... hit everybody.  11 second base recharge too.  Longish animation is maybe the only downside but when you're hitting that many targets with an AoE, it's not that big a deal.

Also, Frozen Aura on a Tanker is as big as Foot Stomp.