Stone Armor Stalker - What Attack Set?

Mythical Creature

Now that stalkers have stone armor I was curious about everyones thoughts on good melee power pools to go with it. For thematic reasons I am considering ice, fire, and stone, but I think electric may also be a good choice. Thoughts? 

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

20 minutes ago, 723wolf said:

Now that stalkers have stone armor I was curious about everyones thoughts on good melee power pools to go with it. For thematic reasons I am considering ice, fire, and stone, but I think electric may also be a good choice. Thoughts? 

If I hadn't already made a Energy/Energy stalker after page 1, I would have definitely made an Energy/Stone stalker.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Psi Melee would be a good thematic match with the crystal versions of the Stone Armor powers.

I can't bring myself to run Psi until Insight gets a buff, though, so I'm presently running a StJ/StA Stalker and enjoying it greatly.  The small radius on Spinning Strike gives it some halfway decent Brimstone proc numbers for an AoE. 

Edited by Koda651
  • Thumbs Up 2

Running mine as Savage/Stone, themed after the Weeping Angels from Dr Who. Very upset that the Savage/* Build-Up power does not grant any Blood stacks for Stalkers like it does for the other ATs

• Thumbs Up 3

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

32 minutes ago, JStacy337 said:

Running mine as Savage/Stone, themed after the Weeping Angels from Dr Who. Very upset that the Savage/* Build-Up power does not grant any Blood stacks for Stalkers like it does for the other ATs

It does offer more +dmg though

• Thumbs Up 1

I would go StJ or Ice. I just got my Ice/ea to 12, but I might reroll  to /stone since I have a /ea at 50 and use it as a default for melee when possible.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 weeks later

I have been trying to decide which attack set to use with stone first also. 

I have made builds for the following:

- Dual Blades/stone armor

- Energy Melee/stone armor

- Ice Melee/stone armor

- Street Justice/stone armor

I will eventually make all of them and I honestly don’t think I could go wrong with any of these options. But I am equally tempted by all of them. 

• Like 1

looking outside the op request.

Martial Arts always looked really cool paired with /Stone

No one suggested Dark/Stone.. <gasp>

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Troo said:

looking outside the op request.

Martial Arts always looked really cool paired with /Stone

No one suggested Dark/Stone.. <gasp>

Dark/Stone! I’ve thought about this combo on a Brute and Tanker (Stone/Dark), but not on a stalker… could be pretty cool!

• 2 weeks later

I'm usually not one for matching elemental powersets, but my god Stone Melee and Stone Armor work together so damn well. Over the course of this past week I've been gracing Everlasting my my stone/stone stalker and turning heads as I join pug teams (yeah I know it's okay I'm vaccinated from pugs).

Softcapped S/L/E/N/P Defense

I have my F/C res at ~68%, and my toxic at 58%. I could probably push it a bit further but I haven't had the need. Perma Hasten, Capped HP at 2088, regenerating ~38.33 HP/s and still have Geode as an oh shit/let's stack Brimstone.

The crazy thing is that most stalker will put the ATO chance to hide in AS. On Stone Melee, I've discovered that is dead wrong, put it in Fault, as it procs based on density around the target then, I also have it slotted with kb to kd, -res, and more damage procs. So it works very reliably. Also because there's a damage component in it it helps to proc your chance to reset buildup as well.

Yes you're right as you sit there thinking about the ramifications there, I have popped guassian powered buildup, critcal tremored a group, faulted (back into hide, and buildup is reset), only to rinse and repeat until the crap is dead. And with all the knockdown, there's tons of added mitigation.

Otherwise I have shadow meld as a means of padding my defense in high Defense Debuff situations, and have Geode still as a safety net.

Both sets were really well designed, and they both work amazingly together.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later
On 1/2/2022 at 12:41 AM, Gobbledigook said:

Staff Mastery might work well with topping them resists up if needed.  I am not sure on the damage of staff though compared to other sets.

Necro here, but I’m interested in this combo as well. Seems to pair nicely. Staff does decent on a Stalker, brimstone can help its damage. Sky Splitter can help pump up resists and Guarded will keep some defense topped off. This combo would be a tanky beast with some nice damage.

• Thumbs Up 1