Looking for information about the hardest bosses in the game's history.

FrogTheToad

On 12/31/2021 at 8:07 AM, Without_Pause said:

Nosferatu even in EB form kicked my EM/ea Scrappers tail. I think I was 31 so having ET would have helped, but yeah, that was a humbling fight.

I remember tackling this bad boy on my first character. I don't even want to think about the debt I accrued. 
I'm not sure what changed with Nosferatu, but I think I got smarter. I don't think I ever figured out until much later that when closed in melee for his smite attack, ya had to get out of melee to stop him from self-healing. It never occurred to me to hover over head and just blast him from safety. Once I figured that out, he was easy. 

My melee characters...that was a lot like tackling Protean or Battle Maiden in Apex TF. Gotta stick and move. Good fun, but sometimes annoying if you mis-time your attacks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Take ur pick 😉

image.png.744a4a5bae01b897958525823203e42c.png

The little one on the far left, that's @Infinitum

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

For me the one that had myself and a friend banging our heads (a scapper blaster duo) against the wall was Lt Sefu Tendaji.  Longbow Ballista in general are tough but sheesh.  Haven't fought him with IOs/incarnates so suspect it be different these days but at that time we had a friend log into their Ice/Rad to help out before we could do him in.

And my Claws/Nin Stalker had a hell of a time overcoming Biff a super arachnoid EB.  Can't recall if Inventions were a thing yet but I know she didn't have any the first time, ugh.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/31/2021 at 2:39 AM, FrogTheToad said:

Any good sources of information on the history of the game/HC? I've heard that Aspect Of Rularuu was incredibly overtuned at release but I haven't heard much else.

I recall Clockwork King being a tough cookie back in the day. The only Tank that could really Tank him efficiently were Stone Tanks, they were the only ones who had Psi Defense back then, and Clockwork King hit a hell of a lot harder in those days and had a wicked AoE that could one shot lowbies easily. I don't know that I would have called him the hardest, but in those days you didn't want to go after Synapse without a well built team.

On 1/3/2022 at 2:57 PM, Mister Mass said:

8 clones of yourself on MMs or on any class that can debuff the crap out of anyone.  (Totally not fair when the enemies can debuff YOU, instead of the other way around. 😉)

You want near indestructible try a full team of "Green Machine" compliant Empaths.  Offensively there might arguably be more dangerous teams of 8 clones but defensively sheesh, convince me.  Thank gods the only times I've faced such things they weren't run by their player(s) and the AI is pretty damn dumb.  And there are at least 2 missions I know of, one Blue and one Redside where if you're on a GM team you'll face yourself (and I don't mean AE content).  The Blueside one is, of course, the Posi 1 TF inside City Hall.  Low enough to not be too ugly (but they will be seriously buffed defensively and for +damag) The Redside mission isn't quite so easy but still shy of Adrenaline Boost territory (as I recall) but you can get a taste of what it would be like at 50+ with incarnate abilities tackling it.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Typos, clarity

On 1/3/2022 at 11:14 AM, Ukase said:

I remember tackling this bad boy on my first character. I don't even want to think about the debt I accrued. 
I'm not sure what changed with Nosferatu, but I think I got smarter. I don't think I ever figured out until much later that when closed in melee for his smite attack, ya had to get out of melee to stop him from self-healing. It never occurred to me to hover over head and just blast him from safety. Once I figured that out, he was easy. 

My melee characters...that was a lot like tackling Protean or Battle Maiden in Apex TF. Gotta stick and move. Good fun, but sometimes annoying if you mis-time your attacks. 

I just duoed him as a +2 AV (me on Fire/Time controller, pick up on Thugs/Kin mastermind, thank you!).  That guy is a right bastard.

Who run Bartertown?

On 1/3/2022 at 2:57 PM, Mister Mass said:

8 clones of yourself on MMs or on any class that can debuff the crap out of anyone.  (Totally not fair when the enemies can debuff YOU, instead of the other way around. 😉)

I was trying a new TA/A def on posi and not feeling terribly useful. Until we got to the clone phase and flash arrow pretty much shut down my team. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If you think this game is too easy, run AE 801.* missions!