[Staging] Patch Notes for January 2nd, 2022

Faultline

• City Council

General

• Thermal Defenders have been hard at work melting the snow in Atlas Park.
  • Super Packs no longer drop Experience Boosters instead of Experienced.

Geometry

• Fixed bartap LOD at distance that has been broken for a long time
  • Fixed bartaps being sunk too low on maps and supergroup bases.
    • This fix is transparent to anyone who left the bartaps alone in their bases. If you moved or added any after the page3 release, you will unfortunately have to re-position them again. We do apologize for this issue.

Powers

• Fixed missing visual FX for the Holiday Event version of the Snowball temporary power.

Emotes

• Fixed issues with em ddcoffee, em ddcoffee2 emote visuals on male and huge
  • em ddcoffee, em ddcoffee2 now properly require the same badge as the donuts
  • Females should no longer attempt to douse their foreheads with enriche
  • A house fell on the Sand Witch and she will no longer be turning sandwiches invisible

Quick Chat Emote Menu

• Emotes which were unlocked but still displaying as locked on the quick chat menu have been enabled:
    • em bringit
    • em pushup
    • em snowflakes (em throwsnowflakes)
    • em growl
    • em boast ("Show Off")
    • em opengift
    • em collapse
    • em swoon
    • em propose
    • em throwrice
    • em throwconfetti
    • em throwrosepetals
    • em hiss
    • em sniff
    • em savage
    • em offergift
    • em receivegift
    • em throwsnowflakes (alias of em snowflakes, keeping it in the Holiday menu as well for consistency)
    • em fireworkrocket
    • em fireworkbloom
    • em fireworksparkle
    • em inspiration
    • em hottemper
    • em trainwhistle
    • em protestloyalist (internally unlocked)
    • em protestresistance (internally ulocked)
    • em praetoriansalute (internally unlocked)
    • em drinkenriche (internally unlocked)
    • em powerup
    • em powerdown
    • em calculate
    • em mixforumla
    • em pool
    • em soccer
    • em basketball
    • em catchbreath
    • em cardtrick
    • em juggle
    • em jugglemagic
    • em jugglefire
    • em juggleelectricity
    • em stancehero1
    • em stancehero2
    • em stancevillain1
    • em stancevillain2
    • em heroloyal
    • em vigilanteloyal
    • em villainloyal
    • em rogueloyal
  • Some emotes which were intentionally locked have now been unlocked:
    • em ghoulflex (previously required participation on the Resistance side of "The Great Escape" Zone Event in Neutropolis)
    • em tantrum (previously required participation on the Praetorian Police side of "The Great Escape" Zone Event in Neutropolis)
    • em listenstolenpoliceband
  • Some emotes which were intentionally locked have had their unlock requirements changed:
    • em matablet now only requires the "Thrill Seeker" badge, instead of the previous "Mission Engineer" badge. The "Architect Comlink" power still requires the "Mission Engineer" badge and is not affected by this change.
  • Some emotes which are extra flare versions of existing emotes remain locked behind simple rewards and will remain locked:
    • High Roller
    • Tablet Write
    • Drenched Donuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Would it be fair to ask how to unlock those last few emotes? I'm not sure if I've done so, not in game at the moment....

High Roller (dice7) is awarded for having Burkholder's Bane (Heroes) or Deuces Wild (Villains)

Tablet Write I believe is the architect tablet, which should now come from Thrill Seeker (previously Mission Engineer).

Drenched Donuts is a bunch of coffee and donut emotes awarded by the Old Fashioned badge in Faultline.  There isn't a Villain equivilant....yet.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 minute ago, ZorkNemesis said:

High Roller (dice7) is awarded for having Burkholder's Bane (Heroes) or Deuces Wild (Villains)

Tablet Write I believe is the architect tablet, which should now come from Thrill Seeker (previously Mission Engineer).

Drenched Donuts is a bunch of coffee and donut emotes awarded by the Old Fashioned badge in Faultline.  There isn't a Villain equivilant....yet.

Thank you! I had searched the HCWiki before posting but didn't see the drenched donuts one. I may have to create an account on there and start updating!

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

14 hours ago, JayboH said:

Wasn't there an emote way back in the day that some devs didn't want to enable that let you basically do the puking animation?  Was that ever unlocked?

I also want this, honestly there are a lot of emotes I want, but I want swappable walks first, like the interchangable run animations. 

Drunk walk, and the paranoid walk civilians do would be cool. or you know male walk on females, female walk on huge, the important things.

Edited by Terius
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Terius said:

I also want this, honestly there are a lot of emotes I want, but I want swappable walks first, like the interchangable run animations. 

Drunk walk, and the paranoid walk civilians do would be cool. or you know male walk on females, female walk on huge, the important things.

I would LOVE to be able to not have the default "sexy hip sway" walk on my female-model superheroes. Ideally I'd love them to be able to walk like the Winter Soldier: purposefully and with menace. I'd accept a basic non-sexy walk animation though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, KyoOC said:

I would LOVE to be able to not have the default "sexy hip sway" walk on my female-model superheroes. Ideally I'd love them to be able to walk like the Winter Soldier: purposefully and with menace. I'd accept a basic non-sexy walk animation though.

The Longbow patrols in Atlas Park basically already have that sort of walk animation on Female models.

screenshot_220103-21-40-37_1.thumb.jpg.ccc88dd14b435e314aa3f61b83e82c74.jpg

Head down a bit, shoulders straight, decidedly no hip sway. They use the exact same walk animation the Male Longbow NPCs use - which, in thinking about it, might just be the default NPC walk across the board (as it doesn't match up with the Male character walk exactly). So the animation is definitely there, we'd just need access to it. Perhaps if Walk had its own Stance options akin to how Sprint/Travel Powers do? <.<

Edited by El D
  • Like 2

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

Default hip sway on females doesn't work for all females, but, it fits with the same dev thinking that shows the ridiculous of it when model swapped:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

15 hours ago, El D said:

The Longbow patrols in Atlas Park basically already have that sort of walk animation on Female models.

screenshot_220103-21-40-37_1.thumb.jpg.ccc88dd14b435e314aa3f61b83e82c74.jpg

Head down a bit, shoulders straight, decidedly no hip sway. They use the exact same walk animation the Male Longbow NPCs use - which, in thinking about it, might just be the default NPC walk across the board (as it doesn't match up with the Male character walk exactly). So the animation is definitely there, we'd just need access to it. Perhaps if Walk had its own Stance options akin to how Sprint/Travel Powers do? <.<

This.

This is what every fire farm character does.  It's there. Our character are doing it.

Without us.

• Like 2

I've been asking for this for awhile. Give us Walk (Male walk) , Strut (Female Walk) , and Stomping (Huge Walk) .  Some of my male toons need to flaunt them hips! My wife has a variety of characters who would switch between the three as well. No shame if you like the standard sway - just give us the choice! 

• Like 3

I am gonna ask a question here but I am assuming the patch notes here pertain to the patch that happened this morning 1/4. Not sure when the official notes will be published.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, Faultline said:

Some emotes which were intentionally locked have now been unlocked:

• em ghoulflex (previously required participation on the Resistance side of "The Great Escape" Zone Event in Neutropolis)
  • em tantrum (previously required participation on the Praetorian Police side of "The Great Escape" Zone Event in Neutropolis)
  • em listenstolenpoliceband

So the question, Since these are now unlocked, will the be made available in the click emote menu? 

I ask because they are not:

emememe.jpg.ed2d1daac5f5ea1fe38f8f182b534faf.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 5:12 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

Ted Striker's drinking problem finally got looked at I see.

The one he got over Macho Grande?  😁

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

16 hours ago, BBBadger said:

I've been asking for this for awhile. Give us Walk (Male walk) , Strut (Female Walk) , and Stomping (Huge Walk) .  Some of my male toons need to flaunt them hips! My wife has a variety of characters who would switch between the three as well. No shame if you like the standard sway - just give us the choice! 

Definitely. I'm not against hip swaying since if I put my female character in a slinky lil dress you better gosh darn believe it that hips will be swayed.

Just not when dressed to smack bad guys on the face.

On 1/5/2022 at 3:05 AM, Sovera said:

Definitely. I'm not against hip swaying since if I put my female character in a slinky lil dress you better gosh darn believe it that hips will be swayed.

Just not when dressed to smack bad guys on the face.

I, meanwhile, would love to strut when dressed to smack baddies in the face

LET 'EM GAWK, LET 'EM HATE! DEATH BY CRAB PACK IS THEIR NATURAL FATE!

Resident certified baby