MM Pet upgrade IO suggestion

So, Im not sure this is even possible, and it is probably OP, but could we get like a 3 io set for the upgrade power for MM's where it is a:

End/Rech

End/Rech/Range(?)

and the last one be a auto power(?) effect(?) where it automatically applies the upgrade to your pets when you summon them? 

Honestly, i just want the ability to re-summon my pets in battle and have them be ready to go already, and I think the minimum on IO sets is three? It is probably OP or power inflation, but It is really annoying to have to reapply the upgrades  every time your pets get taken out.

Eh. Why do it as an IO? Seems like the sort of thing that would just be done to a power.

Not that I'm much in the camp of MMs needing it. If we were still back in the day where you had to do it to *every* pet individually, then maybe, but it's all of two clicks now at most.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

Eh. Why do it as an IO? Seems like the sort of thing that would just be done to a power.

Not that I'm much in the camp of MMs needing it. If we were still back in the day where you had to do it to *every* pet individually, then maybe, but it's all of two clicks now at most.

Two clicks with at least one very long animation, plus whatever buffs from your secondary you need to throw out.  AT LEAST 4 seconds before the pet's battle ready, not counting summon time.

In the middle of a firefight, that's forever.  If you've lost more than one pet, you'll have to more-or-less completely disengage from the fight to resummon unless you want the newcomer to die instantly and waste the end.

Still not seeing it. Mind you, the only fights I tend to instantly lose pets in are the ones in the middle of the bowl on an MSR. Summon, upgrade, send them in, worry about other buffs later. Four seconds is a *lot* better than the ... what, solid minute plus being out of end it used to be.

You can also, of course, summon them out of the immediate line of fire, first buff, start sending them in, hit them with the second on the way. Works nicely.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Two clicks with at least one very long animation, plus whatever buffs from your secondary you need to throw out.  AT LEAST 4 seconds before the pet's battle ready, not counting summon time.

In the middle of a firefight, that's forever.  If you've lost more than one pet, you'll have to more-or-less completely disengage from the fight to resummon unless you want the newcomer to die instantly and waste the end.

Holy cow that sounds almost like needing to use tactics. What a horrid and unacceptable thing to see in a video game. 🙂

Considering the presence of MM pets makes the user basically invincible, I don’t understand why a couple of seconds of pet downtime now and then is a bad thing.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

I don’t understand why a couple of seconds of pet downtime now and then is a bad thing.

Because most fights in this game lasts a few seconds.

12 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

Honestly, i just want the ability to re-summon my pets in battle and have them be ready to go already, and I think the minimum on IO sets is three? It is probably OP or power inflation, but It is really annoying to have to reapply the upgrades  every time your pets get taken out.

Best you can hope for is getting the activation/animation times cut down like they did with Demon Summoning awhile back

Mercs are still brutally long

43 minutes ago, arcane said:

The trivial ones where no AT is in need of any help, sure. No reason to buff anyone in those scenarios though.

After countless times it eats away at you

And adopting the Carl Brutananadilewski way of thinking is probably why people just love firefarming.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

After countless times it eats away at you

And adopting the Carl Brutananadilewski way of thinking is probably why people just love firefarming.

Hey 'dere, Carl don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

Edited by Mopery

What, me worry?

16 hours ago, Greycat said:

I saw it as the least intrusive method for addressing the issue. I know it used to be that some players didnt like to use every upgrade on every MM, so this would avoid that to some degree. Also, it incurs a cost, though slight, to the player. Like the KB->KD IO. I suggested doing it as a set, so there might be some reason to ever put slots in those powers. As to the necessity of resummoning mid fight... I have had to do that, and having one less step to help keep my teammates alive would be nice. I can't necessarily leave the fight to resummon if I am using my secondary to support the other players.

Alright, I'll be contrary to the argument lots are making here... maybe it's not so much about "tactics" mind you, rather it's about convenience. 

In the current state of the game, as I understand it, mastermind henchmen are not the tankiest entities (some combinations are much tougher than others) and well resummoning them constantly can get tedious. Yes, it is a few clicks and some really long animations to bring them all back, but it still takes easily 10 seconds or more each summon session and over time, that results in minutes and sometimes hours lost to just summoning minions depending on how often you play your mastermind. In incarnate content or difficult 50+ content even though there is an expectation that there is higher danger, the minions are after all, AI, and do tend to die and make "stupid" decisions. You can micro-manage these minions to the max degree possible and I support the people who have made guides on the macros, but more often than not there are errors made when controlling them and they can die quite frequently even in the most skilled hands. 

However, I think that this should be a click power or something rather than a set bonus. It would go a long way to helping MM's have an enhanced feel. However, I don't believe this alone is the buff MM's have been clamoring for. But, it is at least a good idea. 

Personally, I'd love customizable minions!

On 1/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, arcane said:

Considering the presence of MM pets makes the user basically invincible, I don’t understand why a couple of seconds of pet downtime now and then is a bad thing.

You obviously don't play MMs very often. The presence of (sometimes fragile, often stupid) MM  pets makes the user basically invincible? Well...I'll just go ahead and dial up to +4/x8 then! I'm glad to know that I've actually been playing MMs wrong since Issue 9 Live. Thank you SO MUCH for setting me straight!

All snark aside, how many MMs HAVE you actually played and to what level? Ask MM players during most Incarnate content and they'll tell you that they only worry about their T3 pet because the rest die too fast to be bothered with. It's SO nice to know that 2/3 of my MM's abilities need to be disregarded during high-end content.

Not every player has 2 billion+ sunk into their characters you know.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:53 AM, arcane said:

Holy cow that sounds almost like needing to use tactics. What a horrid and unacceptable thing to see in a video game. 🙂

Mastermind shouldn't even have Pet Upgrades..
The pet should just automatically level with the mastermind.. 

Imagine if you had to get the T9 power to upgrade your T8 attack on ANY AT.. 

They should reuse those 2 upgrades for something else power set wise..