Arghhhhh!

Ukase

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I will never understand why a level 39 recipe takes salvage from the 41 to 50 tier.

That's only occurring on the recipes the HC team created.  The older recipes use the correct tables for their level ranges.

If you want a real headsploder, look at the Soaring End/Fly recipe.  All tiers of that recipe require a rare salvage.  Springfoot, Quickfoot and Jaunt, all of the other uncommon movement recipes created prior to shutdown, all use uncommon salvage for the last salvage requirement.  It's the worst cost:value recipe I've seen.

Edited by Luminara
other
  • Thanks 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

That's only occurring on the recipes the HC team created.  The older recipes use the correct tables for their level ranges.

Of the recipes that HC introduced, all of them honor the typical salvage tier level ranges.

The 4 sets that were part of Issue 24 (Annihilation, Preventive Medicine, Reactive Defenses, and Unbreakable Guard) do not honor the typical salvage tiers, as shown in the OP. Having spent a lot of time looking at recipes and salvage, there are more than a few inconsistencies to be found, for sure.

EDIT: The recipes for Exploit Weakness go slightly outside of the typical salvage tiers. There is a group of 10 recipes (Aegis, Blood Mandate, Decimation, Focused Smite, Luck of the Gambler, Red Fortune, Ruin, Sovereign Right, Titanium Coating, and Touch of Death) that all have a minimum level of 25, so they dip slightly below the typical 26-40 salvage tier as well. The remainder of the recipes appear to all honor the typical salvage tiers.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
added Exploit Weakness and others, clarified based on further investigation

It's been a long time since Live, but I think there have always been inconsistencies long before HC.  @AboveTheChemistmentions Exploit Weakness, which drops from 10-50 and only 1 of the 4 recipes require a rare salvage.  Cleaving Blow and Air Burst each have 2 of 4 of their recipes that require rares.  There are many, many others, and there are many rare recipes that don't require rare salvage.

I always assumed that was the developers' way of telling people to pay attention.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

I updated my previous post with some results of further investigation.

55 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

there are many rare recipes that don't require rare salvage.

Part of my original motivation for doing a deep dive into recipes and salvage was to generate a definitive list of those rare recipes that didn't require rare salvage. At the time I planned to put it to use making inf, but then I realized I already had more inf than I knew what to do with, so that plan got shelved.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I updated my previous post with some results of further investigation.

Part of my original motivation for doing a deep dive into recipes and salvage was to generate a definitive list of those rare recipes that didn't require rare salvage. At the time I planned to put it to use making inf, but then I realized I already had more inf than I knew what to do with, so that plan got shelved.

Yes, you do save yourself 2 converters a shot, but 120-150k inf an IO kind of gets lost in the shuffle.  It adds up, sure, but it's still kind of a rounding error in my books.

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Proof that I am a very lazy man. I haven't crafted a single IO since the first month I was on HC.

In your defense, it's often far more expensive to buy all the materials on a recipe list and then make it than it is to just buy the attuned version off the market. So, youre not lazy, youre just thrifty!

Goddamned miser...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Resident certified baby

I blissfully ignore all this.  I craft every recipe. I hoard rare salvage but once in a while buy it iff the auction.  Then i start converting.  Then i sell.  I ignore everything except the rewards and i tend to reserve price in the 70-85% of average selling prices.  and I am happy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

I blissfully ignore all this.  I craft every recipe. I hoard rare salvage but once in a while buy it iff the auction.  Then i start converting.  Then i sell.  I ignore everything except the rewards and i tend to reserve price in the 70-85% of average selling prices.  and I am happy

I also craft every uncommon, rare and purple. But I no longer hoard salvage, at least, not in my bases. (My farmers stash rare salvage in the /vault)  It's essentially free, given how it drops from the rng, eventually. And, with Brain Storm Ideas from the packs. In fact, I sell more salvage than I buy from all those brain storms. 

But on a leveling character that is on the edge of the tier, it's just annoying that no sooner did I unload one tier of salvage, suddenly, there's a need for it. Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance.