That's a first

Yomo Kimyata

So, I realize that you can just drag and drop IOs into other people's inventories, and I know it is a great way to facilitate giveaways.  I can see it's even fun to stealth gift someone useful things, like LotG procs.

Anyway, I was just in Pocket D crafting on one of my marketers, crafting table out.  Someone walks up to me and starts dumping a half dozen so so uncommon IOs on me.  Things like Cleaving Blow and Blood Mandate.  I'm right in the middle of converting so it blocks up my enhancement trays.  I run away from them, delete the IOs, and send a tell asking them to please not do that.  They got (in my opinion) a little huffy and told me to convert them into something better and sell them.  They were trying to do me a favor.  I thanked them for the thought, but asked them to please not do that anymore, at least to me.

Is this something that people do?  My first reaction was that I was being trolled.  My second reaction was that if you want to give people gifts, maybe convert them yourself?  My third reaction was to shrug, be thankful that people want to be kind, and go back to my business.

Who run Bartertown?

I could be wrong but I thought there is a Null Gull setting that allows you to auto reject drop gifts.  I do this once in a while if I run a TF that offers an enhancement option for reward and it rolls something that I don't want.  I just drop it on a teammate before they all scatter.  No idea if anyone ever noticed since I've not gotten a tell about it after but still funny to think of them scratching their head trying to figure out how they got 2 of the specials.  When HC first came back I would sometimes run through Atlas and drop random lvl 53 SOs on players but I've not done that since those first few months.  Seems as if most now have plenty of inf and the extra SO is just an inconvenience since they have to run to a vendor to sell it.

To randomly drop a bunch of stuff on someone else is a bit off putting especially with the crafting table open since the only reason you'd have that open is to craft a bunch of stuff yourself.  If nothing else at least ask first before just spamming the inventory.

I honestly do my crafting and marketeering a bit out of the way. I use to use one of the Echo maps until I saw people coming in as well. Oh to be able to use the market inside of my base. I've only recently had people drop me 1 mil in influence. I take it and move on. People assume if you are on a low level character you need money. In reality, I've likely generated something like 7 trillion in the game.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Is this something that people do?  My first reaction was that I was being trolled.  My second reaction was that if you want to give people gifts, maybe convert them yourself?  My third reaction was to shrug, be thankful that people want to be kind, and go back to my business.

I have dropped crafted enhancements on (low level) PUGmates, but never en masse. Typically it has been the common ones at an appropriate level... if I've been chasing badges, and haven't gotten around to deleting them. I try to do it based on what I can see about their build.

I can assure everyone that I was, in no way, involved in spreading a rumor that @Yomo Kimyata spent all of his wealth on Superadine and succubi, and would be busking on his top hat in Pocket D for enhancements, if anyone happened to be looking for him.

However, if anyone is looking for him, a little bird told me the above, and you didn't hear it from me.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Are you on Everlasting? There’s someone on Everlasting who does this on literally every team they join, as far as I can tell as someone who forms a lot of teams. They even bought a crafting table for it on every one of their characters. I suspect they’re going for badges, and aren’t really trying to be helpful — I’ve noticed they’ve never actually given out IOs people actually want and use, just vendor trash or generics that don’t even sell for a mill on the market. 

I despise them. Their junk is just plain worse than even level SOs, so they can even hurt first time players doing that. And really, first time players are probably the only ones who could possibly benefit from that. 

Edited by Katharos
26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

4 hours ago, Katharos said:

Are you on Everlasting? There’s someone on Everlasting who does this on literally every team they join, as far as I can tell as someone who forms a lot of teams. They even bought a crafting table for it on every one of their characters. I suspect they’re going for badges, and aren’t really trying to be helpful — I’ve noticed they’ve never actually given out IOs people actually want and use, just vendor trash or generics that don’t even sell for a mill on the market. 

I despise them. Their junk is just plain worse than even level SOs, so they can even hurt first time players doing that. And really, first time players are probably the only ones who could possibly benefit from that. 

It was indeed on Everlasting (although I could be *anywhere*!). I didn’t recognize the global name, which is why I brought it up here.  I hope they got the polite message that I appreciated the thought, but I didn’t want their garbage.   I just wanted to do a sanity check to see if maybe this is what all the cool kids are actually doing these days, in which case I’ll stock up on some sniper recipes and hand them out for National Pickle Day or something.

Thank you @Hedgefund for that setting.  You may have just saved @Bionic_Fleaand @Luminara from a severe tongue lashing.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

Oh, when I'm playing with friends I absolutely drop junk enhancements and recipes onto them. I don't do it to randoms though. I also tend to do my crafting/marketing in the quieter universities, like Croatoa.

Edited by macskull
  • Like 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube