Valentine's Day, when does it start?

KaizenSoze

I checked the calendar no listing for when it starts:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/calendar/

The wiki said it started on February 2nd last year.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Valentine's_Day_Event_2021

I was hoping it was going to start last Tuesday. Those badges are not going to collect themselves! 🙂

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm right there with ya KaizenSoze. I have 2 badgers and I'm dying to get started with this event. I've scoured Google and found nothing. In past years, the event started around the beginning of the month. A poster on this thread claims it starts Monday Feb 14th but again, I haven't found anything to that effect. Seems odd that they would wait that long. Patches come out on Tuesdays so figured this week. Oh well. 

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges

3 minutes ago, Qwerty MacDoogal said:

I'm right there with ya KaizenSoze. I have 2 badgers and I'm dying to get started with this event. I've scoured Google and found nothing. In past years, the event started around the beginning of the month. A poster on this thread claims it starts Monday Feb 14th but again, I haven't found anything to that effect. Seems odd that they would wait that long. Patches come out on Tuesdays so figured this week. Oh well. 

Snarky was being, well snarky.

Valentines does start on the 14th. The event however.........

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Whats Day? Can someone tell me what this thread is about

Broken hearts.

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

The Patron Saint of the mentally ill.  No, i am not making that up.

That explains the behavior of people who fall in love.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

The Patron Saint of the mentally ill.  No, i am not making that up.

Yeah, some patron saints are disturbing.

Like Bartholomew, the patron saint of butchers, tanners and leatherworkers.

He was killed by being flayed and is often portrayed as a flayed man carrying his own skin.

• Confused 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Surprisingly, there's no official route to becoming a patron saint.  It just 'happens'.  Some group decides that a saint should be the patron saint of something and, if they're persistent and there's enough people, it just sticks.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Who's the patron saint of those chalky little heart candies with sayings on them?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Cipher said:

Barring any unanticipated delays, the Valentine's Day event will be going live with the maintenance next Tuesday (Feb. 8th).

Excellent! Thanks very much for the update!

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges

16 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Who's the patron saint of those chalky little heart candies with sayings on them?

Not exactly what you were asking, but:
"The 2nd of January is the Feast Day of St Macarius of Alexandria. St Macarius of Alexandria has been dubbed St Macaroon, owing to his name and his association with pastry chefs. He is also a patron saint of cooks and candy makers."

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1