Suggestion: Pirates! (MM Primary)

biostem

So we have ninjas, robots, and zombies... but no pirates!?  This needs to be remedied, so here's my suggestion:

As a master of the high seas, those calling upon the aid of pirates also wield power over the very water they sail upon!

1. Aqua bolt, (from water blast).

2. Deckhands - These are your most basic crewmembers.  The 1st 2 you summon wield basic boarding axes, (use battle axe attacks), can throw said axe, (use the tomahawk power that some Banished Pantheon Chambers have), can fire a simple musket, (also per the Banished Pantheon Chambers).  The 3rd deckhand you summon is a "Sawbones", who uses the bonesaw and dartgun attacks that some Vahzilok enemies wield, as well as alkaloid and weaken from the posion set.

3. Hydro blast (from the water blast set).

4. Upgraded Swag - 1st pet upgrade power.

5. Whirlpool (see water blast power).

6. Raiders - These are your seasoned fighters.  They wield dual blades, but can fall back to a blunderbuss when needed, (uses the buckshot power from assault rifle).  Later, they can be upgraded so that their charge strikes fear in the hearts of their enemies, (fearsome stare).

7. Deck Gun - You are able to quickly setup a deck gun, which fires enchanted cannonballs, causing a water burst wherever it strikes - Use the acid mortar placement animation and model, but have it actually cast water bursts from the water blast set.

8. Swashbuckler - You call forth an elite pirate warrior, wielding 2 swords and a powerful rifle.  Their very presence inspires their allies to fight harder, (periodically casts world of pain).  Uses dual blade attacks and can fire something similar to the Nemesis Lancer Rifle, which does targeted lethal & fire AoE damage.

9. Pirate Booty - Final pet upgrade.

What are your thoughts?  We pretty much already have all the costume pieces we'd need, and I'd love to see all tiers optionally have male and female models spawned in when summoned...

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 8

To make it have some unique mechanic to it (because I don't see one), maybe look into some tech that allows the pets to steal stuff from enemies, be they buffs, powers or even whole enemies to use as your own. Like, if you're fighting Sky Raiders, your pet could just jack a force field generator from one of the engineers and summon it for themselves or if you're fighting Knives of Artemis, steal their caltrops right off the ground and throw them yourselves.  It's a unique debuff (taking off an enemy's powers) and buff (using it for yourself) that's kind of variable depending on the foes.

Or some variation of gaining powers depending on the enemy, at least, to act as the "pirating" mechanic for the set...

11 minutes ago, Naraka said:

To make it have some unique mechanic to it (because I don't see one), maybe look into some tech that allows the pets to steal stuff from enemies, be they buffs, powers or even whole enemies to use as your own. Like, if you're fighting Sky Raiders, your pet could just jack a force field generator from one of the engineers and summon it for themselves or if you're fighting Knives of Artemis, steal their caltrops right off the ground and throw them yourselves.  It's a unique debuff (taking off an enemy's powers) and buff (using it for yourself) that's kind of variable depending on the foes.

Or some variation of gaining powers depending on the enemy, at least, to act as the "pirating" mechanic for the set...

Maybe the Swashbuckler or Raiders could be very "persuasive", and have a small chance of their attacks confusing the enemy...

12 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for the MM's personal attacks to use a revolver or cutlass?

We already have 3 gun-wielding MM primaries, so I thought I'd mix it up by introducing something else, and unless they were extremely powerful, melee attacks would just be too risky.

Time to rrrename some pow-Arrrrs.

1. Aqua bolt - Tharrr be Watarrr

3. Hydro blast - Blundarrrbus (The BP pistol)

4. Upgraded swag - Plundarrr

5. Whirlpool - Sleep with the Fishes (Captain Mako shark cone power)

6. Raiders - Maytees

7. Deck Gun - Walk the Plank (Whirlpool)

I clicked into this thread saying to myself that one of the powers better be named pirates booty and I was not dissapointed.  Also,  yes pirates.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

Aye!!!

I'll then have a concept with which to use Leviathan Mastery. (So far I can only reconcile a couple of toons for it).

And please have an alt skin for the henchmen that look like ghost pirates. 

Need those ghost pirates as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

Make it a spectral pirate MM set

I'm all in favor of more options, so right on!

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

give the MM dark blast attacks

Necro already has these, and we already have 3 MM primaries with gun attacks, which is why I went with water blast attacks...

11 hours ago, biostem said:

We already have 3 gun-wielding MM primaries, so I thought I'd mix it up by introducing something else, and unless they were extremely powerful, melee attacks would just be too risky.

Beasts glaring your general direction right now...

Edited by Clave Dark 5

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

*pictures pirates running around chucking throwing stars, or howling at their foes as they run on all fours to bite them, or throwing bolts of hellfire, ice, and fire at their foes*

Uhm...

Yeah, devs? Can we have a dedicated pirate MM set please? 🤣

• Haha 1

*goes to summon T1 MM pets* *gets three Rikti Monkeys* *cries*

I know, I know. You said minions and above. But the humor was just waiting to be used.

(Also, minions wouldn't work any more than bosses for MM pets. All MM pets are lieutenants, and the T1s still tend to die when a Rikti Monkey looks at them cross-eyed. [Exaggeration intentional to highlight -2 levels lieutenants as followers aversion to survival.])

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

*goes to summon T1 MM pets* *gets three Rikti Monkeys* *cries*

I know, I know. You said minions and above. But the humor was just waiting to be used.

(Also, minions wouldn't work any more than bosses for MM pets. All MM pets are lieutenants, and the T1s still tend to die when a Rikti Monkey looks at them cross-eyed. [Exaggeration intentional to highlight -2 levels lieutenants as followers aversion to survival.])

I say that is a great addition! You could essentially roll a great group of hench pets like Malta or Carnies, or you could get a bunch of farting monkeys 🐒 🌪 

"M," for "Mmm, Pirates!"?

• Like 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝