Slot Machine's Random Challenge - 2022

Troo

11 hours ago, AspieAnarchy said:

Is there a limit/deadline to getting the rewards promised by this challenge?

I've been playing my entry at the same breezy pace as all my other characters,

so it could be a while before it reaches level 30.

Same; my play time is limited as is too, so I'm still stuck at level 15

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

So Ranged Ninja (I wasn't at my creative best when it came to the name or costume I'm afraid) my archery/ninja blaster has made the heady heights of level 25.

Been mostly a lot of fun with only one real issue. It's been a while since I played archery and that was before the snipe changes, so I don't know if I just don't remember it happening or it is something that was introduced with those changes, but there is a weird pause after using the snipe before you can use another attack and it is driving me nuts. Not noticed anything similar happening on my other blasters with their snipes. I don't know why it is bugging me so much, but it is. Other than that though it is a stick chucking death... ahem, non lethally arresting, machine.

screenshot_220414-08-41-16b.jpg

• Haha 2

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

image.thumb.png.f1c3a2b85b637523f9da41251aa7a682.png

Blacksmith Panda is now 29 levels wiser and picked up a new gig.

Wait, he's still not getting paid....

Come to think of it, he hasn't gotten paid for anything....

• Haha 3

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Note: If your forum name doesn't match your in game global, please let me know. (this is how I send prizes!!)

The event ends next Friday, April 22nd.

There is still time to give a random character a try !! ..or try another.

Prizes are given to characters who make it to level 30.

(If for some reason you are unable to achieve level 30, please write up your sob story.. but please.. make it entertaining)

Thanks to all who have participated so far.

Love the concepts, updates and costumes.

You are all winners!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Canadian North (Stone/Rad Tanker) just dinged 40. Generic IOs save for a couple uniques in Health, because this combo is quite end-hungry. It's doing well enough that I'm curious to see how he fares with some set slotting.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Permastone has finally reached Level 30 after completing the Looking Through the Glass story arc from Special Agent Jenni Adair. Ice/Stone is a pretty good combination on a Stalker and I continue to be surprised each time I play her. When I got Brimstone Armor, I was amazed to see extra damage on each of my attacks, which is always appreciated. I'm working on her final build and looking forward to seeing how she plays as she gets closer to level 50.

screenshot_220415-02-33-22.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Cb7DBHT.jpg

Just dinged 30 awhile ago. I gotta say, I'm glad I got a real chance to take a second look at Sonic Blast through this. Always dismissed it because it's lacking in real punch. However, the added -res really lets the melee from /elec shine. Even though I was hovering all the time for theme, I found myself doing the most work when I could get in and throw out my punches. 1-20 was pretty smooth sailing, but that's about when I had to start leaning more into temp buffs and procs in Howl to keep moving at a reasonable pace. What IOing I did was more of a "I got a few slots, let's try something fun" and less of a "man, I really care if I die a lot." My 3 blasts all got Entropic Chaos: Chance to Heal (which went off pretty reliably) and Power Transfer: Chance to Heal in my melee (which also went off pretty reliably), loaded up Howl with damage procs so I had some kind of AoE damage. and took Screech and threw a Chance for Build Up in it (which went off way more than I thought it would).

This actually didn't go too bad all things considered. I solo'd x8 for most of it, only bumping down to x5 when I decided to do Agent Watson's arc. I'm actually really interested in this toon's potential fully IO'd.

Here's some action shots.

7uXbgFf.jpg

59wtLqw.jpg

6F4RlkB.jpg

5FEdAbu.jpg

• Like 5

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

18 hours ago, Troo said:

Note: If your forum name doesn't match your in game global, please let me know.

Just pinging you for this reason.  My in-game handle is only slightly different as there's a space in it.  I have my global handle in my signature.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Brought Ocean Warrior to 50. I'll need some proper slotting because I'm a bit confused by sentinels.

Damage abilities are great, rotation is quite fast, I can keep spamming abilities and that's great - compared to blasters in fact it feels that you have an amount of offensive abilities that's "just right".

Survivability is ... meh. Not sure if I need better enhs, or that I need to understand better how bio armour plays, or that the sentinel is a bit of a mixed bag.

The "opportunity" attack isn't even so clear how it plays, blaster defiance and brute fury are more immediate...

• Thumbs Up 3

Currently at 29. I still don't really know what the staff forms do, lol, but staff/nin is a pretty solid combo that's quite fun to play if you don't mind the animations (I love them). I've been pleasantly surprised what this character has been capable of in my noob-like hands. Running a Posi 2 was lots of fun. She's probably like the highest level scrapper I have, lol, and I look forward to playing her more and learning how to build this character combo.

screenshot_220417-21-49-05.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

4 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I still don't really know what the staff forms do,

Each form has a stacking buff.  At level 3, Eye of the Storm and Sky Splitter will do bonus damage and have a secondary effect but will consume your stacks.

Body: Stacking damage bonus.  EotS and SS will deal extra Smashing damage.  EotS will reduce targets resistance.  SS buffs your own resistance to all damage.  You will probably use this form the most, unless you have endurance issues.

Mind: Stacking recharge bonus.  Bonus Psi damage for EotS and SS.  EotS inflicts slow and recharge debuff.  SS will increase your ToHit.

Soul: Stacking endurance discount.  Bonus Energy damage for EotS and SS.  EotS reduces defense.  SS increases your Regen and Recovery.

Note that you cannot enhance any of thr extra effects.  Also note that because Stalkers get Build Up instead of Staff Mastery, all of their attacks have Form of Body effects at all times.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 4/14/2022 at 3:14 PM, Troo said:

Note: If your forum name doesn't match your in game global, please let me know. (this is how I send prizes!!)

The event ends next Friday, April 22nd.

There is still time to give a random character a try !! ..or try another.

Prizes are given to characters who make it to level 30.

(If for some reason you are unable to achieve level 30, please write up your sob story.. but please.. make it entertaining)

Thanks to all who have participated so far.

Love the concepts, updates and costumes.

You are all winners!

BTW Troo, I don't really need any more inf or enhancements, so feel free to pass on what you would have sent me to someone that didn't quite make it to 30 instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Each form has a stacking buff.  At level 3, Eye of the Storm and Sky Splitter will do bonus damage and have a secondary effect but will consume your stacks.

Body: Stacking damage bonus.  EotS and SS will deal extra Smashing damage.  EotS will reduce targets resistance.  SS buffs your own resistance to all damage.  You will probably use this form the most, unless you have endurance issues.

Mind: Stacking recharge bonus.  Bonus Psi damage for EotS and SS.  EotS inflicts slow and recharge debuff.  SS will increase your ToHit.

Soul: Stacking endurance discount.  Bonus Energy damage for EotS and SS.  EotS reduces defense.  SS increases your Regen and Recovery.

Note that you cannot enhance any of thr extra effects.  Also note that because Stalkers get Build Up instead of Staff Mastery, all of their attacks have Form of Body effects at all times.

Okay thank you; it is how I was reading it then. For some reason I thought that it worked differently, like more like Bio armor's stances for some reason (where you're always getting a passive buff). I've only ever briefly played staff on a stalker where, like you said, everything is just Body; I've never had to think much about the others and how it all works. Thank you for explaining it.

Excellent.

Thanks to all who have and are participating.

You are all winners!

• Thumbs Up 7

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

On 4/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, ZekeStenzland said:

27-47-28: Troller Grav/FF (hmm…)

And here we are, clocking in at level 30.... Push Up Bro!

Ran Hashaby, DFB, and some radio missions. Then Posi1&2, Synapse, Yin, and Citadel. Then some (redside) radio missions. And, along the way, picked up all the explo and history badges through the Talos Island tier.

Used Dimension Shift a lot more than I expected to. Was invaluable during final mission of Posi1 where we're fighting our clones. Had half the clones on ice while we took out 3 of the others before we wiped. Wiped to the clones on the next attempt because evil me kept detention fielding the brute while the rest of us squishies ate carpet. Note to self: fighting 2 FF and 1 storm can be brutal!

Used Force Bolt a lot less than I expected to. The KB is fun, but it does so little damage, it's kinda hard to justify. If I were to respec, I might pick up Air Superiority instead. Hard to say.

Anyway, thanks for the challenge! I played for the fun, but not too proud to collect a prize for @ZekeStenzland.

PushUpBro.png.c56f68b62894852dd95181d7803d1590.png

Edited by ZekeStenzland
evil me used detention field, not dimension shift!
  • Thumbs Up 3

I forgot to get a shot of her with the level showing, but I got Teyana to 30 tonight; I will try to edit in a shot of her with the level tomorrow. Staff/Nin is a really fun combo and /Ninjitsu has such a neat toolkit to it that I'd be curious to try other primaries with it.

screenshot_220420-22-41-40.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Chic.thumb.jpg.3d284227b666859d45361dbc49bfdf07.jpg

Wow, Dark Astoria is dark. I guess the name should've been a clue.

Chic Freak is vet level 2, and I'm working on incarnates (Heather is just off-camera). About half of that xp came from the mapserver event. I also did a Hamidon raid (led by Chaos United SG on everlasting) and got the kill shot on Hami both times 😁.

Fun challenge!

• Thumbs Up 3

Krystal Killer, my Stone/Stone Stalker (S3) hit level 31 today.

She has been fun to play, both solo and on teams. It is a very tanky Stalker, but that involves 9 toggles. With a few +End and +Rec IOs, as well as 2 of the Unbreakable Resistance set in each res power, the toggles are sustainable. I will get my 2nd AoE attack at level 32 (be still my beating heart), but the single target attacks pack a punch, even without Hide. It does need a lot of recharge to chain the attacks together without awkward pauses.

I can highly recommend an S3. It was definitely a jackpot from the slot machine.

(The only reason that I haven't gotten Krystal to a higher level by now is my chronic altitis. I have created and put time into levelling 6 or 7 other toons since creating this one :-)

Krystal_lvl31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well Ranged Ninja (archery/ninja) made it to 38 by this point. I know the screenshot says 37 but that's just because I couldn't make up my mind what to take as the 38 power, so hadn't trained when I took the screenshot!

It's a decent enough combo, not the best going but it's definitely viable. And explosive arrow with 4 damage procs is a hoot.

screenshot_220422-15-15-15.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Alrighty! 

Slot Machine's Random Challenge 2022 is coming to a close.

Hope participants had fun, maybe found some inspiration, or at a minimum fed that alt itch.

I'll put together a brief wrap up and email out prizes over the weekend.

Congratulations to everyone!! Triple grats to anyone who found a new favorite character!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, molleafauss said:

Thanks for organising, it was a fun idea!

Agreed! I love seeing what you can get randomly from this; sometimes it's awful, and other times it's so good you're surprised. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1