Slot Machine's Random Challenge - 2022

Troo

I've been reunited with my computer, yay! Time to do some rolls, I'm using the chart with the Epic AT's from the calendar posting. Here we go!

Roll 1

14 - Controller

67 - Illusion

72 - Storm

Oh..Oh my. This could be wonderfully Chaotic.

Roll 2

49 - Scrapper

76 - Spines

26 - EA

I do love a good scrapper! I've not played a spines set since live. Hmmm

Roll 3

90 - Soldier

93 - Bane

n/a

Hmmm..I've never made a Bane before, could be interesting!

This is Sorores Noct, an Ill/Storm controller. I couldn't resist that combo! She's rolled on Indom, we'll see how this goes!

Noct.png

Edited by Saeletra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

On 4/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, Parabola said:

It isn't going to be the toughest or even the most damaging tank in the game but in terms of fun and engagement I've never played anything better. The aesthetics are something of a challenge though,

I made stone melee/bio armour as a scrapper when stone melee was proliferated. As you say it's a great combination and @Xeph will have fun with it.

For the notably tricky visuals I went for a sort of 'fey summer champion' thing with the bio FX themed as living wood and vines and the lava FX coloured green - it looks like moss-covered stone. A leafy aura and a leafy cape later it all came together:

The Hedge Knight

spacer.png

Edited by pyrocumulus
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

Seeing as how the Mapserver went ahead and trivialized the original challenge, i've backburnered Solar for a bit and went ahead with my second option which was an AR/Dark Blaster.  Here we have Shadowpoint, a mercenary assassin with a bit of a skull and bones motif.  He'll kill anyone for the right price.

So far at level 18, progress is as smooth as villainy allows these days.  A little sluggish feeling, though that's mostly due to AR, but Soul Drain adds a lot of damage in big groups, and picking up Stealth and Combat Jumping helps greatly with setting it up.  Plenty of skippable powers in both AR and Dark though, probably going to dip into a lot of pool abilities.

Shadowpoint.JPG.bf55c707414751fc92c53e8a457833e4.JPG    2062183062_ShadowpointRifle.JPG.d162fd36d3720c1552cfe890b21764aa.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Supper's Ready is 38 thanks to an Unai Kemen +4 train... levels were dropping like flies. Supper was trying to catch those flies instead of hitting though...  😞 I really need some good slotting...

I now remember why I wasn't playing melee...

- if the character is too small, I can't find myself in the mess of visual FX (and am always badly position for the short melee range)

- if the character is too tall, I feel claustrophobia in the effing small and narrow corridors of the maps

Will probably seat him for a little while and try one other option, there's plenty of time.

@Saeletra Ill/Storm should be great fun to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

@ZorkNemesis excellent!

@lmollea yes, melee didn't used to be as bad but with all the effects now it is a blur. i think this also plays into how many folks solo & simply tolerate it for larger events.

@pyrocumulus nice concept!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm happy to share I got Mr. Bulwark to level 30! I actually made every effort to avoid the Map Server event with this guy so I could experience it more organically.

And I gotta say that all the positivity for the build was completely warranted. Lots of soft CC, plenty of survivability and eventually it grows into some decent AoE damage as well. That would really be my one and only gripe, and it's minor. You're an AoE-less tank until basically 28. Doesn't hurt your survivability just makes it harder to contribute to the big groups of mobs you can herd up.

The other really nice thing is that I found I can generally stay in offensive adaptation, only swapping to the other two stances if something goes wrong... meaning it's easier to use the aggressive debuffs and help your team shred things faster.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:30 AM, pyrocumulus said:

I made stone melee/bio armour as a scrapper when stone melee was proliferated. As you say it's a great combination and @Xeph will have fun with it.

For the notably tricky visuals I went for a sort of 'fey summer champion' thing with the bio FX themed as living wood and vines and the lava FX coloured green - it looks like moss-covered stone...

Really like what you put together there, looks awesome. Had I not gone technology for the origin, I might try that. I'm happy with the look I came up with though. I'll keep this idea in mind for any future Bio Armor builds though.

So with that happy result I guess there's only one thing to do! Find my dice so I can roll up another Slot Machine Super! I'm on a roll right now!

• Thumbs Up 1

@Archonis on Excelsior

50 Storm Knight Brute SS/Elec

50 Snow Spirit Sentinel Dark/Ice

50 Storm Templar Blaster Elec/Ninja

Level 30 update for the AR/Dark.  Better than I expected it to be but it's flaws are still pronounced.  Trying to stay back I skipped a fair number of /Dark's powers; Death Shroud, Shadow Maul and Dark Consumption, though I still took Smite as it's an excellent Brawl substitute with it's really high DPA and it tends to hit harder than my gunshots.  I still have to get in close for Soul Drain though, but Stealth and Combat Jumping help greatly with getting in, and presumably Dark Pit at 35 will also be a big help setting up.  Soul Drain is also slotted with the Overwhelming Force proc and the Fury of the Gladiator proc, so it knocks down most of the group while knocking resistances down.  Additionally as a first for any character I've played I also took Misdirection, giving me an AoE Placate to get out of danger once I use Soul Drain while also further debuffing resistance.  All these add up, and with an extra Annihilation proc on Flamethrower for good measure, many things are literally melting after I use Soul Drain on a group.  I'll probably keep going with this one for a little while, plenty of AoE damage to go around but I wish the animations were better.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Even without the map server, getting a toon to 30 is quite easy.

I rolled an electric/energy dominator and it's nearly 30. But it will be parked.

I made an effort on the costume, but the electric primary is quite ... weak.

Sleep+confuse is a very weak mez combo. Electric doesn't have a decent "signature" mez like spectral terror, terrify, ice slick, smoke+flashfire ...

The pbaoe -end (Conductive Aura) could be it, but the end drain is so slow that it doesn't do enough to "hold" a mob in place. And Jolting Chain chance for knockdown is not high enough to help...

• Thumbs Up 1

OKAY! I actually did it (about a week ago now, but I wasn't sure how soon it was important to post a screenshot):

Introducing PLASMA-SCREEN!!! (Fire Control/Electrical Affinity Controller)

In the beginning was TELEVISION (at least that's how Television remembers it!)! Television brought warmth, laughter, love, and wisdom to homes all across the world AND America! and just as Viewers Like You saw Television, so did Television see that It Was Good...

...until it WASN'T! Television faced competition for ratings from the Internet, the iFoot, the PukeBook, Twister, Tingler, NapTime, the Super-Innuendo, the Smegma Genesis, and even the Radio (RADIOOOOOOOO!!!)!

Television knew what had to be done: It would Capture the Attention of Viewers Like You with ALL-NEW, STATE-OF-THE-ART, IN-YOUR-FACE AUDIO-VISUAL-TACTILE-THERMAL EXPERIENCE!!!

For Television so loved the world AND America! that it gave its one and only SCREEN, that whoever views it shall not forget Television but have everlasting GLARE!

(created for https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/35056-slot-machines-random-challenge-2022/)

IntroducingPLASMA-SCREEN.png

• Thumbs Up 7

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

image.png.308009394b053e8a6f9824f76679dfa4.png

And there it is.:-)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Finally made it to 30 last night!

I did something new for me. No XP boosts and missions come from story arcs. Ton of fun and met some cool people along the way.

Plant/Storm is an excellent combo. I put some Kb to Kd on a few storm powers and it has TONS of AOE immobilizes and slips. The heal isnt bad and spirit tree is super good. Def bringing this hero to 50.

Amazing start to their journey!

Screenshot 2022-04-10 165647.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

How it started: A baby, villain controller rolled on Indom.

How it's going: A middling, rogue controller rolled on Everlasting.

I often play my side projects at odd hours, late night, early morning, and that no man's land between lunch and supper. It was difficult to get groups on Indom during those times, so I retreated back to Everlasting.

This is Sorores Nocte just hanging out at Aeon University in Cap au Diable.

SNoct30.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

2 hours ago, Saeletra said:

How it started: A baby, villain controller rolled on Indom.

How it's going: A middling, rogue controller rolled on Everlasting.

I often play my side projects at odd hours, late night, early morning, and that no man's land between lunch and supper. It was difficult to get groups on Indom during those times, so I retreated back to Everlasting.

This is Sorores Nocte just hanging out at Aeon University in Cap au Diable.

SNoct30.png

I might have to do the same thing and retreat Teyana back to Everlasting; I've been trying to solo her over on Indom, but with limited playing time and boredom kicking in, she's only at level 15. Though Staff/Nin is a fun combo to play on a scrapper, even if I'm not entirely sure what the different forms are supposed to do (if anything) outside of the effects they add to the couple of listed attacks; the end game descriptions are a bit vague.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

91 - 48 - 34

Invul/Fire Tanker

Thus Blacksmith Panda is born. Here he is doing some contract work for the midnighters

image.thumb.png.02ef417ab9fc948eb148f6da4fcb14e3.png

And he did not get paid...

Now he's a saaad panda.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

My first roll was for a Mace/Shield Brute. Wanted something a little more unorthodox, so I rolled again.

Sonic/Elec Blaster. Alright.

Here's Bat Terry

1BImCKo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Late to the show, but…

10-55-06: Brute Psi/Bio (maybe a guy with brains in his fists? 7/10)

62-33-07: MM Merc/Dark (not excited about mercs, tbh 3/10)

27-47-28: Troller Grav/FF (hmm…)

So much knockback, knock up, and repel on the Troller, I gotta do it. Thus was born Push Up Bro. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Crazy. Rolled one of the sentinels I rolled (water/bio armour), joined a couple groups and it was ridiculously easy to get levels.

Ocean Warrior (can't understand why that name was still available, yay luck!) is way past 30 (can't remember how you check playtime). I kinda like him. I'll have to slot it properly come level 50, but gameplay is solid; not yet clear how bio armour plays, been with too many buffers or mez in groups.

screenshot_220411-23-30-32.jpg.40bd5052318afea690f93bcced0290a2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, lmollea said:

(can't remember how you check playtime)

You have to click on certain people just walking around the city.  Any random person walking around who's name begins with an M will tell you how long you've been in-game with your current character.  Citizens who begin with an N will tell you how many times you've logged in on that character as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

You have to click on certain people just walking around the city.  Any random person walking around who's name begins with an M will tell you how long you've been in-game with your current character.  Citizens who begin with an N will tell you how many times you've logged in on that character as well.

Thsnks, I kinda remember that it was by clicking on random pedestrians, but I didn't remember how to identify the right ones

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Civilian_NPCs

Letter Information

E  Current time on the server. This will vary by the server's physical location.

F  Paragon City Time

G  Total number of heroes in the current zone or "There you are! There's never a hero around when you need one!"

H  Civilian says "Isn't (Name of hero in current zone) just the best?"

M  Your total hours in game on your current character.

N  Civilian says "You've gone on patrol XXX times."

O  Civilian says "You've been on patrol for xx minutes today." The time resets with every mission.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Is there a limit/deadline to getting the rewards promised by this challenge?

I've been playing my entry at the same breezy pace as all my other characters,

so it could be a while before it reaches level 30.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem