Slot Machine's Random Challenge - 2022

Troo

Slot Machine's Random Challenge

Up for a new challenge?

Does the RNG really hate you? Maybe you're just looking for a new character to try?

Ever want to create a new character and wish there was a tool that would randomly select a character for you?

image.png.a764e7be4e29f28665e61671f6bb8473.png

"Do you feel lucky, punk?"

3 d100 Rolls

Roll #1 ________ Roll #2 ________ Roll #3 ________

https://rollthedice.online/en/dice/d100

Play for fun. Play for prizes. Win Big!!

for more details on the event:

(i'd suggest right-click > open-in-new-tab as the roll tables are on the event page)

special thanks to @ArchVileTerror @Mike Morbid @Xeph and all who participated in the event last year.

Have Fun!

Edited by Troo
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Feel free to post your rolls and participating characters to this thread. Winners who post here will be sent rewards via in-game email same as previous events.

Example rolls from last year:

Roll #1 __56__ Roll #2 __29__ Roll #3 __39__  
Defender / Force Field / Electrical Blast (Initial reaction - "Okay this will be new" & "You can't kill me but I can't kill you")

Roll #1 __48__ Roll #2 __25__ Roll #3 __79__  
Dominator / Electric Control / Radioactive Assault ("Electric Control.. that's the give folks the shakes, right? That's Affinity fool. Sounds fun!")

Roll #1 __57__ Roll #2 __39__ Roll #3 __56__   
Mastermind /  /  ("well, I'm not doing this one, lol")

(results may vary this year with new power sets added)

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

1 hour ago, Troo said:

Let me know if there's more to it than this....

Roll #1 __34__ Roll #2 __65__ Roll #3 __62__  
Corruptor / Psychic Blast / Radiation Emission (Initial reaction - "could be fun, what kind of concept could I do with that...?")

Roll #1 __70__ Roll #2 __27__ Roll #3 __48__  
Scrapper / Electrical Melee / Invulnerability ("Feels a bit mismatched, but okay")

Roll #1 __24__ Roll #2 __44__ Roll #3 __56__   
Controller / Fire Control / Electrical Affinity ("OMFG, THIS ONE'S A JACKPOT!!!")

Proof of that last one...maybe...if that works...?

• Haha 1

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

95-12-61

Tanker-Dark-Rad

thats actually good

61-25-74

Mastermind-Demon-Storm

workable, but I hate pets

96-86-42

Tanker-Super Reflexes-Katana

wow...never seen that. That might be it.

I was just running a scrapper with Broadsword last night. Maybe I’ll just steal his strange costume and run him as this tank.

Some time later...

Well, here it is:

image.png.ea75febddee6e990dd9138a1cc2a94d6.png

Abuelo's rusty old sword called to me from among his forgotten belongings. When I answered, it unleashed the espíritus divinos inside, just as it did for him.

I knew what I had to do.  

My life as a circus acrobat is over. I am now what my grandfather was, in those bright, golden days of long ago.

I am Alfante - Blade of Justice!

I had to explain that funky costume somehow.:-)  

Spring Break, so I should be able to run him up. Are there rules for this somewhere? 

Al is L7 now. I changed his name from Alfanje (or 'cutlass') to Alfante, only because it sounds better. D

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 5

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Oh here we go again.  Thankfully I just wrapped up my latest project character so I guess i'll try again.  Will lightning strike for me twice?  (I had the Fire/Kin Cor last time)

First set:

40 - 14 - 53: Defender - Electric/Fire.

Interesting, I've always heard /Fire is strong on a Defender due to the animations, though it's worth a shot.  Lets see what else I can get.

Second set

60 - 58 - 74: Mastermind - Ninja/Storm

Already have one in the mid 30s, mulligan.  The combo is fun by the way, though a little tough on endurance and all the KDs help with keeping the ninjas alive since they're pretty much made of paper.

Third set:

27 - 82 - 59: Controller - Mind/Radiation

While I've never dabbed in Radiation Emission, I have tried Mind several times and don't like it.  I'll probably pass on this one.

Fourth set - Rolled due to mulligan

8 - 10 - 18: Blaster - Assault Rifle/Dark

I've played both sets separately, I don't think they synergize too well since AR likes to stay back but Dark calls for a ton of CQC, especially for its Build Up variant.  Also the lack of magic themed rifles hampers concept ideas when dark powers favor magic (I know that's not a hard rule, I have a tech based dark user already).  I really wish AR also could use Resistance Runesoldier rifles as a costume option.  Still, this might be something to try as a challenge build.

But I think that first roll, Elec/Fire Defender might be the choice for me.  Maybe a solar energy theme for concept too, might be worth trying.

EDIT

Electric/Fire it is.  Here's Solar Savant in an armor suit made from solar absorbing material.  Simply being in sunlight gives him the power to harness the energy and heat generated in a variety of ways.

1671504475_SolarSavior.thumb.JPG.1a0abb1e0442303f0a1bb3df48391a84.JPG  160856224_SolarElectric.thumb.JPG.26d7d38ae03800a3421d3605a405e45c.JPG

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

oh the anticipation..

72-95-99
45-71-46
43-52-36

72-95-99

Scrapper.. eh.. I melee alot. Titan Weapons.. nope, not gonna pick this one. Willpower.. oh hell no. whew

45-71-46

Dominator..  Ice Control.. interesting, Icy Assault.. hmm, while i've never figured out dominators this could be the one.

43-52-36

Defender.. Oooo maybe this one. Poison.. aw drats, maybe not Electrical Blast.. nope, not till end drains do something.

Edited by Troo

going with

45-71-46

Dominator. Ice Control, Icy Assault

and so 'Icy Assault' is born (yep name was available)

image.png.5e98a93b62961afb93312e7321f7372f.png

• Like 3

99-77-61

Tank / Stone Armour / Rad Melee -- would you believe I was considering this combo before now, but on a brute? It's like it was meant to be. But let's see what else I spin up first...

50-55-50

Dominator / Gravity / Icy Assault -- I've tried a couple doms before and just don't enjoy the playstyle at all. Not something I feel like fighting with. Pass. What's number 3 gonna give me?

1-95-4

Blaster / Water Blast / Atomic -- Ehhh. I've done a lot of water (3 sentinels, 1 defender and 1 blaster) so this is gonna have to be a no.

Welp, process of elimination says it's the tank. Now for a concept...

CANADIAN NORTH

image.thumb.png.529738ba394f0b979bbe4f2e840bccc2.png

No, of course we don't have any secret super-soldier development programs operating underneath the airport in Pangnirtung. Why do you ask?

EDIT: 30! (thanks weekend mapserver event)

image.thumb.png.b995a106fbfab7ca7942f45637d2b4ed.png

Edited by Cutter
pic 'n stuff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

1. 79 -53 - 48 - Sentinel: Energy Blast/Ice Armour ... don't have this yet, will give it a go 🙂
  2. 42-53-46 - Defender: Poison/Energy Blast ...could be an interesting contrast my Main an Emp/Electric
  3. 36-62-97 - Corruptor: Ice Blast/Trick Arrow ...never played TA...At All ...yup will roll it

Busy with work, but for sure gonna roll all three and see how it goes!

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

What a coincidence! I just got back into the game today after quite some time away, and I was thinking of making a random character, and then I see I was mentioned yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

19-9-54 Controller Dark/Poison - Okay.... I have a concept in mind...

79-20-35 - Sentinel Beam Rifle/ Fiery Aura Hmm. All my sentinels are dualists (elec/elec, ice/ice, dark/dark, rad/rad, etc.). Can't break the pattern.

22-74-21 Controller Illusion / Empathy - Nah. Already did Ill / Kin and one time through with a secondary that does nothing for PA was enough for me thank ya very much.

Going with Roll #1. Snake-based toon. Started with the name Dark Asp, but that felt too generic. Miasma Mamba had some cool alliteration, but then I looked up the villain group and noticed it was "Mamba Blade" and "Mamba Fang". So I've decided on:

Mamba Umbra.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey @Troo, glad to see you starting this up again. I think you were referring to me in the original post with an X instead of a Z, I'm too kewl for the proper spelling. 😋

Looking forward to seeing what fate has in store for me.

1. 96, 1, 69 (allllright....) Tanker Bio/Stone - I'm sure it's good mix. Might be fun to see if I can get the bio auras and crystal stone attacks to match up.

2. 56, 1, 98 Mastermind Beast/Trick Arrow - Think I'm good on the Masterminds for now, does technically qualify for the Jackpot but... @Troo go ahead and gift that to someone else this time since I won last time.

3. 49, 6, 9 Dominator Dark/Dark - I naturally gravitate towards Dark for many of my characters so might avoid this one, try to mix it up.

Bonus Roll from Mastermind. 12, 89, 45 Brute SS/Ice - This one looks good too but also have a lot of Ice...

Going to roll with #1 - I'll update my post once I've got the look and name all figured out.

Edit.

So I came up with something I think will work for the costume... and took it one step further which can't be appreciated from a screen shot...

I set it up to change the color of his Crystal weapons to match the Adaption aura color... nothing huge, but it's cool to see the different color crystal shards on the ground while fighting.

I present: Mr. Bulwark

MrBulwark.jpg

Edited by Xeph
Added extra details and screenshot
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Archonis on Excelsior

50 Storm Knight Brute SS/Elec

50 Snow Spirit Sentinel Dark/Ice

50 Storm Templar Blaster Elec/Ninja

This is a great idea! Thanks for putting it together like this, got 3 role and power sets rolled here. Ill update with a pic once I choose my destiny! (Using your color code 😄)

Archetype
Primary
Secondary

35 Corruptor
17 Beam Rifle
94 Trick Arrow

46 Dominator
36 Electric Control
4 Dark Assault

26 Controller
99 Plant Control
74 Storm Summon

Edit 4/2: I consulted with friends and decided on Controller-Plant Control/Storm Summon which seems to be the same as @Mike Morbid (great theme costume btw.)

Allow me to introduce Galeforce Greenhouse, a mutated gardener whose green thumb was exponentially enhanced by the storms he can now summon.

gg.jpg

Edit 4/4: Made it to lvl 20! I have tried doing it with story arc missions and teaming up. A great hero so far and while I didnt make it to 30 on the weekend i will soon 😄

1407694615_gglvl20.jpg.073baaccb9ea4d242dbf56719b0dbf29.jpg

Edited by TreesAreTough
update 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, AspieAnarchy said:

Ha, how funny, I actually have a Pys/Rad corruptor, though I chose that pairing based on a theme, lol. Her name is Mad Cow Disease and she's a minotaur who's sort of like the right-hand/puppet to one of my villains. Can't say much as to the sets together yet though since she's still in her teens.

@Troo I'm so excited to see this again! I think my worst roll when I did it last time was an AR/Bio sent, so when I have a chance, it will be fun to see what I get with the new powers and proliferations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

8 hours ago, Troo said:

Scrapper.. eh.. I melee alot. Titan Weapons.. nope, not gonna pick this one. Willpower.. oh hell no. whew

Don't be hating on this combo.  I have it as a Tanker and she's damn near invincible, even if Titan is a little clunky to play.  Might be a different experience on Scrapper but this combo's better than it looks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

32-3-99
Corruptor-Archery-Trick Arrow
Strong contender. If I was going to choose Archery (which I rarely do), this would likely be the classic (and effective) combination, especially with a scourging Rain of Arrows.

50-9-25
Dominator-Darkness Control-Electricity Assault
I love Darkness Control on trollers and doms, but I had to look up Electricity Assault in Mids. I can't see any reason to take Elec Assault unless it is to supplement energy drain in the primary powerset.

83-92-84
Stalker-Stone Melee-Stone Armor
Wow, an S3 (Stone/Stone Stalker). The concept of a silent, deadly lump of rock really is taking me some time to wrap my head around!

I'm open for recommendations. The corruptor seems the safe/traditional choice, but the Deadly Rock Assassin has a twisted appeal. Anyone know how effective this combination is likely to be?

16 minutes ago, Here be Dragons said:

I'm open for recommendations. The corruptor seems the safe/traditional choice, but the Deadly Rock Assassin has a twisted appeal. Anyone know how effective this combination is likely to be?

I'd recommend trying something outside the norm. Just get creative and see what interesting/fun/silly idea you can come up with for the Stone/Stone stalker, it might surprise you! Or... maybe not - either way it's all about the experience!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Archonis on Excelsior

4 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

How/what does one win?

Fun and maybe PRIZES!!

4 hours ago, Xeph said:

Hey @Troo

Fixed. Glad you're here.

3 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Don't be hating on this combo.

Ha! Fair enough. I melee a bunch and was really hoping for a defender, controller or corruptor.

3 hours ago, Here be Dragons said:

83-92-84
Stalker-Stone Melee-Stone Armor
Wow, an S3 (Stone/Stone Stalker). The concept of a silent, deadly lump of rock really is taking me some time to wrap my head around!

Wow!! that looks like a hidden JACKPOT!!

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

Did 2 rolls before noticing the Epics options, so I decided to do my third on the Epics pool.

Without Epics

65 - Scrapper

45 - Katana

95 - Willpower

82 - Stalker

42 - Ice Melee

98 - Willpower (lots of willpower)

With Epics

61 - Mastermind

76 - Robotics

78 - Thermal

MASTERMIND BONUS ROLL: 

97 - Widow

87 - Fortunata

Dunno when I'll get to this, busy with other games, but this could be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Xeph said:

96, 1, 69 (allllright....) Tanker Bio/Stone - I'm sure it's good mix. Might be fun to see if I can get the bio auras and crystal stone attacks to match up

Take it from someone who now has more vet levels on their bio/stone than either of their supposed main characters, this is a superb pairing. The synergy is incredible with both sets complimenting each other perfectly (top tip: ff procs). It isn't going to be the toughest or even the most damaging tank in the game but in terms of fun and engagement I've never played anything better. The aesthetics are something of a challenge though, I've gone down the route of using the full bio fx (for the first time) and matching them as far as I could to lava themed stone attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Parabola said:

Take it from someone who now has more vet levels on their bio/stone than either of their supposed main characters, this is a superb pairing. The synergy is incredible with both sets complimenting each other perfectly (top tip: ff procs). It isn't going to be the toughest or even the most damaging tank in the game but in terms of fun and engagement I've never played anything better. The aesthetics are something of a challenge though, I've gone down the route of using the full bio fx (for the first time) and matching them as far as I could to lava themed stone attacks.

I went ahead and turned the effects off, save for adaptation itself of course. I'm really happy with the result.

Appreciate the insight on the build, I'll look forward to exploring it deeper over the coming days. I'll loop back and post again after I hit level 30 with him.

@Archonis on Excelsior

I rolled 25-93-73. Controller, plant control, storm summoning.

I now have Tempest Wing, a mutant with a dragon ancestor who shape shifted into a human when she fell in love with one.20220402_084159.thumb.jpg.7412b9e1c7de37c8645fd7e6845a27ba.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

Les'see here...

No promises about finishing this one any time soon, but for tradition's sake:

44 / 63  / 80 

Defender... So, not a great soloist.

Sonic... Hmm. Not exactly teaming people's favorite flavor, either.

Seismic... Now that's just weird

My last two randos worked out pretty well (The Archery/Time Corruptor is actually good fun-), so you never know. This one might be fun. Or just bizarre and not particularly popular with anyone he'd potentially run with. I guess time will tell.

ETA: Grabbed the name Cantus (Latin for "song" and the name of my favorite Fraggle Rock character-) and created this crazy thing. No matter what else, if I ever roleplay the guy, I know that he sounds like Jim Henson.  😆

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice