New

Jimall

I remixed my old chars when I restarted Homecoming (I still had the original install folder in my documents, so my cossies were saved). So my main, Ill/Storm became Ill/Dark and my Plant/Emp became Plant/Storm. 

So a remix of Rad plus a newer or changed blast set might be the way to go, just to balance nostalgia with some New and Shiny. 

Also Welcome Home!!

21 minutes ago, Jimall said:

I loved city of heros and villans back in the day. I hope to download this tonight and relieve the nastolgia. I'm just not sure if I remake my radiation defender or make someone new.

I remember the night I found out about Homecoming. Didn’t sleep much 😉 Lucky you 🙂 

Don’t worry too much about your choices. You’ll gradually remember how easy it got to level in this game. Just make one of everything if you like.

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1

WB

Most of my VGmates already came back, my one buddy told me it was back but I thought he was talking about the character creator.

A few months pass and he ask when I was going to run a TF with them. THEN I found out what he was talking about, was so happy I was in shock.

Remade some, some have changed, new ones have appeared, and some are gone. But, it doesn't matter, because, its back.

• Like 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

You get 1000 character slots and for leveling, on Excelsior at least, it is fast and easy to find groups, so you can make an old char you loved, or try something you had always wanted to try, or do what a bunch of us do and do both.   That's probably the worst run on sentence I've ever made, but I will let it stand.

Welcome Home!

Spread the word. Tell all of your friends that CoH is still around.

Welcome home!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Ohai new friend you bring teh donuts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

10 hours ago, Jimall said:

I loved city of heros and villans back in the day. I hope to download this tonight and relieve the nastolgia. I'm just not sure if I remake my radiation defender or make someone new.

Do both. 😄

And Welcome back!

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Welcome home, sorry it took you a while get here. Things have changed since live and there is a lot of things that will be new or you forgot about. Enjoy being a newb again. Sure you can remake your old mains at some point, but starting something new in a new-old game might be a better experience.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

3 hours ago, Dazl said:

Sure you can remake your old mains at some point, but starting something new in a new-old game might be a better experience.

I'll tell you, I have remade most of the characters I had back on live, but the ones I enjoy playing the most are the completely new characters I've made on Homecoming.

Welcome back. And remember: when it comes to advice, don’t listen to nobody (but listen to everybody):-

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.