Observation

Yomo Kimyata

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Anyone want to guess what happens when you give 10x experience events?

Kids, smoking, desire to raid the fridge. | Demolition Man (1993) | Video  clips by quotes | 702c4a02 | 紗 - YARN

Alternatively, runs on desirable enhancements which lead to shortages and increased prices in the short term due to the sudden influx of newly minted level 50 characters.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

12 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

cha-ching-city-cha-ching.gif

duck-tales-dagobert-duck.gif

illuminati-member-reveals-all.jpg

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

19 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Well, since a well-known marketeer is asking, I guess the context is clear and the answer is something like: Hordes of people start hitting the market wanting to equip their characters NAO!!!!

I had noticed something was up but hadn't made the connection to the Mapserver Event.  I have Ironblade on every shard and the one on Reunion is self-funding his build by buying garbage IO's, converting to something valuable and selling them.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

16 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

To answer your question though, I don't think it changes much as it relates to the in game economy.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

lol

more characters = more sales

more levels = more sales

more $$ = more sales

@Yomo Kimyata

azU.gif

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Likely explains why some bids have been slowly coming in versus what is expected. I don't have a decent enough graphics card to deal with the game as is. This event made it many times worse so I avoided it as much as possible. Even the small mobs didn't seem to be anything great. I'm sure I will forget this in time for next year's event. Maybe by then I will have a computer worth tolerating it. :classic_biggrin:

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

Likely explains why some bids have been slowly coming in versus what is expected. I don't have a decent enough graphics card to deal with the game as is. This event made it many times worse so I avoided it as much as possible. Even the small mobs didn't seem to be anything great. I'm sure I will forget this in time for next year's event. Maybe by then I will have a computer worth tolerating it. :classic_biggrin:

That is surprising to hear! I'm guessing it's an integrated GPU? Mobile chip maybe? The lowest settings of the game allow for pretty much a potato to run the game these days. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

That is surprising to hear! I'm guessing it's an integrated GPU? Mobile chip maybe? The lowest settings of the game allow for pretty much a potato to run the game these days. 

Integrated graphics on a laptop. I use Intel as well and CoH has never played nice with it. I know another game became unplayable far worse than CoH from when I use to play it on a desktop PC after I tried on my laptop. Normal everyday Atlas gives me issues. Zone events are slide shows. I tolerate them for the badges. I logged on tonight to team and just saw a flood of mapserver teaming so I went and soloed. Note, a number of other games and them being more modern play absolutely fine on my laptop.

My sold and bought stacks are about 1/10 of my buying pile. Granted I have 10 stacks of recipes being bid for. Still, supply is well behind. I can list IOs at normal prices and have about half of them go instantly. No desire to price gouge. I can see where by the time I can IO out a small number of builds and still be a billion ahead.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

7 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Massive demand and reduced supply of raw materials.  A robber baron's wet dream.

One thing I noticed - the mobs in this event don't seem to drop any salvage. The odd enhancement or recipe, maybe. But no salvage. 

But I definitely noticed when outfitting my own with an oblit set which I don't normally keep in base because they tend to be cheap. But I ain't paying 8m for an oblit. It's crazy to see how lazy or ignorant some folks are - the multi-strikes are still selling for 500k, and it only takes about 30 converters (sometimes less, sometimes more) when they're attuned. If you're one of those that buy them at level 50, it's closer to 9-15 converters to get the oblit you want.) 

There were maybe 4 of a few in that set. 

So, since my new 50's needed to unlock vet levels, and the lowbies that are invading these events drag the XP gains down to less than what my farmer can do, I just parked the alts in the farm, and have made half a bill just from the drops in half a day.  

It really irks me that the lowbies are coming to PI instead of going to Skyway or Steel. They really messed up a good thing for me. I went from making 5 levels  -from 45 to 50 in one event to making only one level, and in the last event, I didn't even make one level, because half the team was less than level 20. The league itself only had 4 level 50's. There I was, I'm on a level 42, so I didn't think it would be well received to lead a league unless I was 50. So, I asked for an invite, and got one by a level 30. And once the league was full, the dude didn't even pass the star. Nevermind my AoE power I got at level 38 I couldn't use...grr. 

I gave up on this event Sunday morning. It just pissed me off from that point. I get better xp in a farm then this event with all those lowbies there. 

7 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I went from making 5 levels  -from 45 to 50 in one event to making only one level, and in the last event, I didn't even make one level, because half the team was less than level 20.

One problem I've run into is that we've had total congestion of people in these events. Last night, we had two FULL leagues in Steel Canyon trying to do one event. I got less than half a level from it, mainly because we couldn't move and our powers wouldn't fire or recharge. 

I think the servers must slow down the simulation clock, because powers that should normally recharge in 60 seconds were taking 90 seconds or more.  I haven't seen server load induced lag like this in ages.

Then, on top of that, once people realized how good the XP was, especially for low level characters, they did start swarming in the level 1's.  I made one myself, Saturday morning, and went from level 1 to 25 in one event.

On the other hand, I sold hundreds of expensive items in the auction.

I suppose it's too much of a good thing, and we are not worthy.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

When things bog down like that..well, it takes away from the fun.

Maybe roll characters on Indomitable, level them up in small to mid size leagues, and then transfer them where you want to play?

On 4/5/2022 at 1:43 AM, Without_Pause said:

Integrated graphics on a laptop. I use Intel as well and CoH has never played nice with it. I know another game became unplayable far worse than CoH from when I use to play it on a desktop PC after I tried on my laptop. Normal everyday Atlas gives me issues. Zone events are slide shows. I tolerate them for the badges. I logged on tonight to team and just saw a flood of mapserver teaming so I went and soloed. Note, a number of other games and them being more modern play absolutely fine on my laptop.

I tried with the lowest setting. There can still be slight issues just doing rather normal stuff. Plus, the graphic downgrade is noticeable.

I think the oddest quirk for the market was seeing common salvage going for so high and salvage taking so long to fill in general.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

31 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

I think the oddest quirk for the market was seeing common salvage going for so high and salvage taking so long to fill in general.

Yeah, I found that to be the interesting part as well.  We don't often get supply droughts.

Who run Bartertown?

On 4/5/2022 at 11:52 AM, Andreah said:

In big events I always reduce my "Max Particle Count" to minimums. I suppose it's easier on my graphics card, but mainly, it helps me see what the heck is going on.

/macro fx0 "noparticles 1"
/macro fx1 "noparticles 0"

... for the win.

The particles will turn off instantly with the FX0 macro.

But you have to zone to really get FX1 macro to turn the particles back on fully in most cases.

Oh, you can thank DoctorDitko for that. He is the one that tracked that down for me.

I hate the light show that large events can cause.

Edited by UltraAlt
To thank DoctorDitko
  • Thumbs Up 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 4/5/2022 at 2:43 PM, BZRKR said:

Maybe roll characters on Indomitable, level them up in small to mid size leagues, and then transfer them where you want to play?

I think we should all be in the habit of playing on all the shards. In the context of my comment, a full league brings no issues for me. Several leagues, however, does seem to cause some lag issues, where we're able to target the next spawn, but not able to hit them as they haven't actually appeared. Or something like that. It's odd. 

Some folks claim the lag impacts their recharge timers. Only in real extreme cases have I seen my toggles stop "spinning".  In any event, I think every system is going to bottleneck somewhere. With some folks, it's the tired old computer they played the game on 20 years ago. For others, it's their horrid cable service that throttles speeds up and down the line. 

With all the 0's and 1's, it's amazing we have this much stability, really. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually put a couple of characters on Indom to help that server out. I will likely move one character back to Torch so they can get rid of the '.' I added to their name when I moved them to Excel. Lately, if a name is available, I have moved as many of my lowbies as I can over to Everlasting while adding some new characters there as well. On live, I was eventually split between Freedom and Virtue so doing the same in terms of popular server and RP server makes sense to me. This will also clean up my roster in a way as I can have less pages of characters to deal with on each server.

I realized I was certainly partly to blame for driving up the price on a recipe, so I stopped doing that. I decided to go on the low side because honestly a slower intake works for me at this point. I'm under 225 crafted inventions for the 2k badge and close to offloading another billion.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 4/5/2022 at 1:43 AM, Without_Pause said:

My sold and bought stacks are about 1/10 of my buying pile. Granted I have 10 stacks of recipes being bid for. Still, supply is well behind. I can list IOs at normal prices and have about half of them go instantly. No desire to price gouge. I can see where by the time I can IO out a small number of builds and still be a billion ahead.

Certain recipes are hard to come by right now and pricing can go higher than what I have ever bought things for here on HC. I wonder if it is part of the new characters being leveled at such a rate and lower population offering an even lower supply. Oddly enough some of the converted IOs are just sitting there even on weekends.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:04 AM, Without_Pause said:

You mean the 200-ish common salvage I had listed might've actually sold?!? I need to check my marketeer.

On 4/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, Without_Pause said:

Certain recipes are hard to come by right now and pricing can go higher than what I have ever bought things for here on HC. I wonder if it is part of the new characters being leveled at such a rate and lower population offering an even lower supply. Oddly enough some of the converted IOs are just sitting there even on weekends.

I'd be curious to hear what people are seeing nowadays, now that the event is long over.

At the time:

Salvage (notably white and yellow, I wasn't watching orange) was not coming into the /AH at nearly the rate it normally did.  My assumption was that people who would normally farm and sell their drops were getting xp from the event instead.

Recipes (notably yellow, again wasn't watching orange) also came in at a much lower rate.

Finished products, especially high end stuff, sold like hotcakes.  Again, my assumption was that people were fast tracking 50s and pulling out the stops to equip them right away.

How much of this, if any, have you seen continuing?  I feel that prices on things are slightly higher for the most part, but I'm not observing as closely as I once was.

Who run Bartertown?