New Help Status Option: Streamer

Dythok

We currently have the option to give ourselves the status titles "Help Me!", "Helper", and "Roleplayer" from the Help Menu.  I would love to be able to add Streamer to that list, giving streamers the ability to let those around them know that they could potentially be streaming.  Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

@Dythok - ( Conventus on Everlasting )

"I am my scars."
Proud MFing Warshade

https://www.twitch.tv/dythok

I seem to recall a thread about this turning into a huge argument.

*shrug* I'm good with it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

14 hours ago, Dythok said:

We currently have the option to give ourselves the status titles "Help Me!", "Helper", and "Roleplayer" from the Help Menu.  I would love to be able to add Streamer to that list, giving streamers the ability to let those around them know that they could potentially be streaming.  Thanks!

That's actually a really good idea. Maybe attached to the "Hide" function as well so streamers don't have to deal with messages while streaming from fellow players? Not to say it's a block, just that some don't like having private tells visible on streams, and I know some streamers don't hide the chat windows from visibility. Not to say you do or don't, just a suggestion to add to this status feature.

• Like 1

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

I like the idea, just trying to figure out how it would actually be helpful in game. I'll be honest, the most I tend to do is click on someone and check the TARGET window to make sure they are the right level, or level shift. I guess if you DON'T want to be streamed you might look at everyone in the team/league, but that doesn't mean that they AREN'T streaming.

I don't stream a lot, but I do have it set up so my ugly mug covers the chat area. Balloons can still be seen, of course, and for MSRs I run a script that captures stuff in LOCAL and embeds it in the video stream itself, so we can share dad jokes or whatever. That makes it more of an "opt in" activity. But anyone watching the stream can still see your character name, and possibly catch a balloon from you.

9 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

Doesn't this run into the problem that if you're close enough to read the character's tag you're already in visual range to be caught in the stream cam?

I think the color coding would address this, but some popups would be nice as well...

jrangersmall.gif.61f0f73dd3687cc1ffd63cf8694b421f.gif

• Thumbs Down 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 4/5/2022 at 6:47 AM, Oklahoman said:

I like the idea, just trying to figure out how it would actually be helpful in game. I'll be honest, the most I tend to do is click on someone and check the TARGET window to make sure they are the right level, or level shift. I guess if you DON'T want to be streamed you might look at everyone in the team/league, but that doesn't mean that they AREN'T streaming.

I don't stream a lot, but I do have it set up so my ugly mug covers the chat area. Balloons can still be seen, of course, and for MSRs I run a script that captures stuff in LOCAL and embeds it in the video stream itself, so we can share dad jokes or whatever. That makes it more of an "opt in" activity. But anyone watching the stream can still see your character name, and possibly catch a balloon from you.

The existing tags we have do already alter the way character names appear in game. People flagged for roleplaying typically have dark pinkish looking names; those flagged for helper tend to be yellow, and those flagged for needing help are like a bright pinkish-purple name. So if this were implemented, I'd imagine the same thing would happen where it would label the flag above their head and color their character name.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Indeed, we must put a stop to anything which might increase engagement and therefore interest in the game. It took a lot of work to drop the population by 20% in four months. 

This was talked about in a previous thread. I was against it then and I'm against it now and for the same reasons. However, since I was warned by the moderators for my explanation in that thread I will not go into the reasons why here. Hence the pic.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:36 PM, TheDawLHouse said:

Agree! Can it be purple? Pretty, pretty please?

You would have to pry purple from Roleplaying’s cold dead hands, but it would need to be some distinct recognizable color.

I like the "On Air" idea - what if instead of having yet another thing floating over your head, when you are "On Air" then some kind of fancy broadcasting icon preceded your name in chat?

• Thumbs Up 2

That would fail to notify people until the streamer broadcasted or said something in tells, team chat, or league chat.

Edit: Right, of course new page. To avoid possible confusion, this post was in response to @Oklahoman.

Edited by Rudra

16 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

This was talked about in a previous thread. I was against it then and I'm against it now and for the same reasons. However, since I was warned by the moderators for my explanation in that thread I will not go into the reasons why here. Hence the pic.

Do you remember the thread? Because now I am immensely curious. 

Edited by Marbing

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)