Long Range Teleporter

2 hours ago, Black Tangent said:

Is there any reason that the Long Range Transporter doesn't cover Cimerora?  THAT would be a time saver.

It's not a base portal location and it's time travel too.

For a shortcut other than LFG there, if you either complete an ITF or grab all exploration badges in Cim, you can go directly from Ouro.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

I wrote up a "chicken run" that a brand-new alt can run

Could this get added into the badge location macro I currently use?

/macro ACC "popmenu passiveblue"

image.png.392fffada39577ce1de218e28c69d0e5.png

passiveblue.mnu Passive Menu.txt

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

12 hours ago, Troo said:

Could this get added into the badge location macro I currently use?

Chicken Run popmenu added to the entry. I also streamlined the run; there's not really any advantage to using a random Ouro portal.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 3/6/2024 at 9:26 PM, Techwright said:

Get someone to drop an Oroboros portal near Ms Liberty.  The badge at the highest point in Oroboros will make a nice, no-threat tenth. You'll need the steam jump or it's alternate from the S.T.A.R.T. vendor near Atlas.  

Pfft. Go to Ouroboros, go to the pedestal where the base of the gnomon running up to the pylon at the top of the building is, jump up on top of the gnomon, run to the top, and jump up onto the pylon; you'll get the exploration badge, and can either run back down the gnomon or jump down the back in stages so you don't take damage. No powers or temporary powers needed.

gnomon.png.618c9c0c20f778add8e1d173ba8bab96.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/23/2024 at 2:16 PM, srmalloy said:

and can either run back down the gnomon or jump down the back in stages so you don't take damage.

Or just take the big dive off the building and get teleported into the pool.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Or just take the big dive off the building and get teleported into the pool.

The damage from jumping off the big curvy gold arch thing (I found "gnomon" confuses some) is... negligible. I am baffled by the last few posts assuming it's either necessary to get the badge (to get the Ouro portal — hasn't been for at least a year), that it's hard to trot up the GNOMON, I SAID EFFING GNOMON to get the badge, or that getting down involves any particular risk at all.

GNOMON GNOMON GNOMON!

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 4/22/2024 at 8:31 PM, Black Tangent said:

Is there any reason that the Long Range Transporter doesn't cover Cimerora?  THAT would be a time saver.

On 4/22/2024 at 10:54 PM, lemming said:

It's not a base portal location and it's time travel too.

There's also the matter that Cimerora is under the guardianship of the Midnighters' Club and is accessible through their property.  Access to their properties used to be via a mission arc only, but even today when it is a quick run over to Night Ward for a badge unlock, it still requires something to unlock access to the Club doors, signifying the Midnighter's permission.

22 minutes ago, Techwright said:

There's also the matter that Cimerora is under the guardianship of the Midnighters' Club and is accessible through their property.  Access to their properties used to be via a mission arc only, but even today when it is a quick run over to Night Ward for a badge unlock, it still requires something to unlock access to the Club doors, signifying the Midnighter's permission.

It's also worth noting that, once you've unlocked Cimerora, you can get there via the Ouroboros portal. I'm not sure when that got added.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ulysses Dare said:

It's also worth noting that, once you've unlocked Cimerora, you can get there via the Ouroboros portal. I'm not sure when that got added.

I never realized this.  By "unlock Cimerora", do you mean completing an ITF?  Because I have 50s with access to Cimerora access, even completed Senator Decimus Aquila's tutorial mission, and they do not have Cimerora on their portal menu in the Big O.   If it's not completing an ITF, I'd really like to know what needs to be done.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

I never realized this.  By "unlock Cimerora", do you mean completing an ITF?  Because I have 50s with access to Cimerora access, even completed Senator Decimus Aquila's tutorial mission, and they do not have Cimerora on their portal menu in the Big O.   If it's not completing an ITF, I'd really like to know what needs to be done.

I do it on new characters by getting the "House Hunter" badge, which unlocks the Midnight Squad badge. Otherwise, join the Midnighter club and do the arc to get the Midnight Squad badge.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/House_Hunter_Badge

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Midnight_Squad_Badge

I'm afraid you misunderstood the question.

They're asking what needs to happen for Cimerora to appear in the list of destinations at Oroboros, the answer is: successfully complete an ITF.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PoptartsNinja said:

They're asking what needs to happen for Cimerora to appear in the list of destinations at Oroboros, the answer is: successfully complete an ITF.

This is partially correct. From the i27p4 patch notes:

You can now unlock Cimerora as a travel destination in the Ouroboros exit portal by earning the 'History In The Making' Cimerora Exploration Accolade badge or by earning the 'Temporal Strife' badge by completing the Imperious Task Force.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2