Long Range Teleporter

I'm having trouble unlocking this on one of my chars.  Got the Top Dog Badge, spent overnight in Pocket D, got the Fast Travel button.  But Long Range Teleporter won't unlock.  Any idea what I might be missing?  Thanks!

You need to do any one of the following to unlock the Long Range Teleporter:

• Collect all 8 exploration badges in any zone.
  • Spend 1 hour in Pocket D while logged into the game.
  • Purchase it from the Pay 2 Win vendor for 10 million influence/infamy/information.

In order to actually teleport to other zones, you need to collect any one exploration badge in the zone you wish to teleport to first.

Edited by RobotLove
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Top Dog by itself doesn't do anything.  The easiest way (in my opinion - and which I do on EVERY character right after I create them) is to get ALL EIGHT of the exploration badges in Atlas Park.  That will get you an accolade badge, 5 reward merits and the Long Range Teleporter.

As for spending overnight in Pocket D, I'm not sure what you think that does.  Getting the Pocket D teleporter requires you to be *IN* Pocket D - not logged out - for one hour.  That would also get you the Long Range Teleporter but, like I said, it takes an hour.  I can get all the exploration badges in Atlas Park in about 3 minutes (to be fair, I have the locations memorized).

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

The LTP is supposed to work only if you've unlocked an exploration badge in the zone you want to go to.  If you can at least see the LTP within the Fast Travel button's menu, then look to the bottom of the menu for the "Long Range TP Zone Check".  Follow the arrow and it should show you which zones have been earned and which haven't.

image.png.88a6b66db454746d94dfe749e36f0f68.png

Edited by Techwright

48 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Top Dog by itself doesn't do anything.  The easiest way (in my opinion - and which I do on EVERY character right after I create them) is to get ALL EIGHT of the exploration badges in Atlas Park.  That will get you an accolade badge, 5 reward merits and the Long Range Teleporter.

As for spending overnight in Pocket D, I'm not sure what you think that does.  Getting the Pocket D teleporter requires you to be *IN* Pocket D - not logged out - for one hour.  That would also get you the Long Range Teleporter but, like I said, it takes an hour.  I can get all the exploration badges in Atlas Park in about 3 minutes (to be fair, I have the locations memorized).

I do the exact same thing - Matthew Habashy and then all the Atlas exploration badges. Takes about 15 mins to get the long range teleporter and 8 merits which translates to about 1.6MM influence in converters and that gets me SOs all the way to 25. 

• Like 1

Ditto on grabbing AP right out of the box. Plus, if You snag an Ouro Portal, you can run over to Galaxy Echo and get all the badges that zone, too for 5 more merits. On Excel, there’s is often a portal sitting somewhere, but, if not, you can ask for one, and peeps will invariably drop one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

12 hours ago, cranebump said:

Ditto on grabbing AP right out of the box. Plus, if You snag an Ouro Portal, you can run over to Galaxy Echo and get all the badges that zone, too for 5 more merits.

And Echo: Atlas Park, for a further five merits.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

And Echo: Atlas Park, for a further five merits.

Now that I did not know. I assumed wasn’t anything there. That’s awesome 

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

4 hours ago, cranebump said:

Now that I did not know. I assumed wasn’t anything there. That’s awesome 

Let's see... Exploration badges: in the tunnel NW of the tram, near where Matthew Habashy sends you to the Hellions safehouse in disguise; in the center of the exit from the tram; between the legs of the statue in the lake; downstairs in City Hall in the M.A.G.I. office where Azuria stands now; in the bookshelves to the left in the G.I.F.T. office at the end of the hall there; on top of the portico on the north side of the little warehouse E of City Hall where the parking lot for the AE building will be; on top of the cubist sculpture in the plaza SW of where the gate to the Hollows will be; and at the foot of the stairs up to Ms. Liberty.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Let's see... Exploration badges: in the tunnel NW of the tram, near where Matthew Habashy sends you to the Hellions safehouse in disguise; in the center of the exit from the tram; between the legs of the statue in the lake; downstairs in City Hall in the M.A.G.I. office where Azuria stands now; in the bookshelves to the left in the G.I.F.T. office at the end of the hall there; on top of the portico on the north side of the little warehouse E of City Hall where the parking lot for the AE building will be; on top of the cubist sculpture in the plaza SW of where the gate to the Hollows will be; and at the foot of the stairs up to Ms. Liberty.

Too many words.  Someone should turn this into a map.

• Haha 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 5/5/2022 at 8:19 PM, srmalloy said:

.....on top of the cubist sculpture in the plaza SW of where the gate to the Hollows will be.......

I still run by that, jumping up and down, trying to get it!....old brain muscle memory......

• 1 year later

Did they change how to get the Long Range Teleporter since Page 7 Came out?  I got all my badges for Atlas Park (took a bit because I did not know they moved the Rookie Exploration badge).  However, I did not receive the Long Range Teleporter power after getting the badge and merits for completing it.  I assumed then that there might be a change, so I went to Kings Row to get one badge and thought maybe now I have a badge in two zones that the power would appear, but no luck.  Did they change the requirements on how to get the Long Range Teleporter or is it a bug that I should report?

1 minute ago, tjjano33 said:

Did they change how to get the Long Range Teleporter since Page 7 Came out?  I got all my badges for Atlas Park (took a bit because I did not know they moved the Rookie Exploration badge).  However, I did not receive the Long Range Teleporter power after getting the badge and merits for completing it.  I assumed then that there might be a change, so I went to Kings Row to get one badge and thought maybe now I have a badge in two zones that the power would appear, but no luck.  Did they change the requirements on how to get the Long Range Teleporter or is it a bug that I should report?

You now need 10 exploration badges to unlock it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, FFFF said:

You now need 10 exploration badges to unlock it.

FFFF is correct, @tjjano33

If any reader is relatively new and attempting it in Atlas Park, when you grab the Observant badge in Vanguard's building, just use the nearby portal to hop over to Vanguard's war zone base and grab the Vanguard Operative badge right in front of Borea, then portal back.  It's a quick and easy ninth with no threat for low ranked characters. 

The tenth should be easy, too, and there are several ways to get it.  Here are just three:

•  Get someone to drop an Oroboros portal near Ms Liberty.  The badge at the highest point in Oroboros will make a nice, no-threat tenth. You'll need the steam jump or it's alternate from the S.T.A.R.T. vendor near Atlas.  
  • Take the T.U.N.N.E.L. portal (that glowing swirl at the foot of the Atlas Park tram station) to the Night Ward.  Jump over the maze go up the ramp and enter the rambling old house.  As soon as you step inside, there's a badge there (and it gets you into the Midnighter's Club immediately without having to do the Montague Castellon mission arc, which is the other way.)
  • Or one can take the T.U.N.N.E.L. or the tram to Talos Island, and if there's not a fight at the top of the hill, grabbing the badge near the hilltop should be easy. Just don't dawdle as there are level 20+ goons on other parts of the hill. 

I'd wondered when reading the release notes if we'd have to go back and edit old, formerly helpful comments just in case the diligent researchers were confused by the out-of-date info.  Seems so. 

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 1:30 AM, cranebump said:

Ditto on grabbing AP right out of the box. Plus, if You snag an Ouro Portal, you can run over to Galaxy Echo and get all the badges that zone, too for 5 more merits. On Excel, there’s is often a portal sitting somewhere, but, if not, you can ask for one, and peeps will invariably drop one.

You can get ouro portal easy as you collect your AP badges.  Inside City Hall get the Edge of Chaos badge, then go in that elevator and pop into the Recluse's Victory zone and boom you automatically get ouroboros.

and you can get the Oro badge just by running up the golden arch and then hopping onto the platform at the top.

Then do a lovely swan dive back down to the pool, or an ungainly belly fop in my case 🥴

Another easy one is thru TUNNEL to Peregrine Island; there's one across from Ghost Falcon where there's a recruiter for Recluse's Victory.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

I had problems with this last night too. 

I though I'd heard it was ten exploration badges from anywhere, so my new toon gets all the ones in Atlas, then a few in Kings... wait why hasn't it popped up yet?  Get a couple in Pocket D, still nothing...  The Talos hill top...

I swear to you had 14 to 16 exploration badges before it finally awarded, I literally counted them on my "exploration" badge list.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've experienced similar issues, but I have also noticed that I frequently do not see the physical badge marker on the ground until after the badge itself has been awarded. On occasion I've gotten a badge award some minutes after I passed there the marker should be - as though the system seem to be lagging behind in its accounting.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• 1 month later

Pro-tip: The nine exploration badges from the mayhem missions count.  You practically get The Next Big Thing badge after stepping out of character creation, or The Next Big Thing and Jailbird if you do the villain tutorial.  Then have a second account take you through the nine mayhem missions for the nine exploration badges.  Congratulations, you now have the Invader accolade for an additional 5% HPs, and unlocked Long Range Teleporter.

Red side truly is the best side.

For anyone who hasn't spotted it, I wrote up a "chicken run" that a brand-new alt can run in less than 10 minutes, with no risk of combat or defeat, and come out with the Ouro portal, the LRTP and the Fast Travel menu. It's in Guides. (ETA: now streamlined and with a popmenu.)

I actually find it fun to run with each of my existing alts... much more so than slogging out all the Atlas Badges, IMHO.

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Thumbs Up 3

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com