Kronos Titan Question

Turric

• Game Master
On 6/29/2022 at 12:34 PM, Krimson said:

Sorry but these explanations are a crock. I've seen stuff that would require players having knowledge of precise locations in large zones. If I call out Babbage in Boomtown, or Kraken in Perez, players know that they are SOMEWHERE in the zone. So if there is some way that players know my precise location the second I announce it, and have a Kronos on standby... Just not buying it. 

I can assure you, outside of events that are announced by the Homecoming team, that there are no rogue GMs running around and spawning any Kronos Titans (or other GMs) for fun.  That'd be a quick way to lose our access.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Ironblade said:

That link is broken.  If you mouse over it, you can see that .jpg appears twice with a lot of seemingly extraneous numbers in there.

Maybe it's supposed to look like that, but it still doesn't work.

Hmm. That's weird. It was showing the picture after I posted it yesterday. Not sure what happened. I'll try again.

screenshot_200407-20-56-42.jpg

Edited by RCU7115
  • Thumbs Up 1

For those that suspect shenanigans afoot with regard to giant monsters spawning, it might be helpful to record a demo file of the event, which can be analyzed to get a better picture of when/where the giant monsters appear. I think turning on any powers that grant +Perception will increase the radius of the things you 'see' in a demo file, but I need to test that theory this evening to confirm.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:43 PM, Apparition said:

It has been done before.  Two Kronos Titans vs. Babbage and Council Goliath War Walker.

My all-time favourite is still Kronos Titan vs Steel Canyon exploding building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• Game Master

We don't spawn any Giant Monsters outside specific events like Monster Mashes. I have noticed that occasionally there is a glitch where multiple ones spawn, but the spawning is through player action, spawn glitches or other natural phenomena and not anything by the GM team.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, GM Mimiru said:

I can assure you, outside of events that are announced by the Homecoming team, that there are no rogue GMs running around and spawning any Kronos Titans (or other GMs) for fun.  That'd be a quick way to lose our access.

26 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

We don't spawn any Giant Monsters outside specific events like Monster Mashes. I have noticed that occasionally there is a glitch where multiple ones spawn, but the spawning is through player action, spawn glitches or other natural phenomena and not anything by the GM team.

If I were running a GM GM conspiracy, that's exactly what I would say...

It's 8 missions via Ouro, then a 9th to finish and exit from.  I cannot imagine it would take more than a half hour to run through the first eight on a character who knew what was happening.  Maybe I'll set up my idle 50s with this queued up.

Who run Bartertown?

This has to be some sort of bug then.  Precision dropping of multiple Kronos Titans on a specific location outside of where the zone in points are is the suspicious part.  It is a long weekend.  I am going to set up some spawns on a few characters to see whether or not I can trigger more than one at a time on single character.  Can anyone say what zone this generally happens in more than others?  I ask in case it is some sort of zone specific bug.

For folks that want to run tests, remember that Brainstorm has mission/task completion tools in the freebies menu to help speed through the missions. They are under the 'Misc Commands' heading on the top level. You can copy one or more of your live server characters there to test using the forum beta copy tool.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification

• Retired Lead Game Master

Lead GM here.

GMs do not, and have not spawned anything. If they do so outside of an official event, they get fired. Simple.
If people are not aware of a player semi-exploit involving this that has been around since 2007, I'm not going to detail it here.

in a zone with 31 spawn points?

Giant Monsters do not spawn in every spawn point, only a few are big enough.

Closing this thread because at this point because sadly it has become insulting and rude to staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

• GM Kal locked this topic