Kronos Titan Question

Turric

There are three methods of encountering the Kronos Titan. As I recall, I have only received the Master of Olympus badge when spawning him from the Stop Widlflower Agents mission from Crimson. I know I have fought him as an AV during another mission but I cannot remember getting the badge.

My question refers to getting the badge. Is it ONLY from the Stop Wildflower mission, so as a giant monster? Can you get the badge for doing it either of the other two ways (as an AV or as a normal monster)?

11 minutes ago, Turric said:

There are three methods of encountering the Kronos Titan. As I recall, I have only received the Master of Olympus badge when spawning him from the Stop Widlflower Agents mission from Crimson. I know I have fought him as an AV during another mission but I cannot remember getting the badge.

My question refers to getting the badge. Is it ONLY from the Stop Wildflower mission, so as a giant monster? Can you get the badge for doing it either of the other two ways (as an AV or as a normal monster)?

You can also get the badge from fighting the Kronos Titan in the second mission of the Lord Recluse SF.

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

I'm not sure about other Shards, but on Excelsior, Kronos frequently spawns in Talos. There is no set time since this is probably HC Staff shenanigans, but I have seen up to TEN spawns. Getting the badge depends on how much damage you did, I think. 

That's almost certainly other players spawning Kronos.  You can spawn it in many (but not all!) zones by doing the Crimson arc in Ouro (or through Crimson directly).  When you finish the mission that leads up to the ambush, don't hit the exit button but use one of your many teleportation powers to exit into a different zone (Ouro portal works).  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

Getting the badge depends on how much damage you did, I think. 

Yes.  This is a factor with all of the giant monsters.  You (or your team) must do at least 10% of the total damage.

So, if there's two teams fighting a GM and you're solo, you probably won't get the badge.

This is also what causes a problem with Eochai and Jack in Irons.  When they spawn TOGETHER and start fighting each other, if they have been fighting a while they do so much damage to each other that NO ONE can get the badge for killing them.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

10 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I seriously doubt that somehow 10 players could all coordinate getting to the right point in the Crimson arc simultaneously, and then have all their groups exit in Talos. This is definitely the doing of someone with a spawn button. The same kind of thing that drops Kronos on you after fighting another GM in a different zone. I've had one drop on us after fighting Goliath War Walker, Babbage, Kraken, Jurassik. If this is a player doing this... They are stalking the zone with the mission ready to finish on a second account, so they know which zone to go to? How does Kronos know how to find the group fighting the giant monster?

Seriously, if you are in Talos and see Kronos after Kronos after Kronos, you think players are doing this?

My supergroup used to do this on Live all the time.  I don't think we ever did more than four at a time, but two was pretty standard.  It just takes some preparation.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

8 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I seriously doubt that somehow 10 players could all coordinate getting to the right point in the Crimson arc simultaneously, and then have all their groups exit in Talos. This is definitely the doing of someone with a spawn button. The same kind of thing that drops Kronos on you after fighting another GM in a different zone. I've had one drop on us after fighting Goliath War Walker, Babbage, Kraken, Jurassik. If this is a player doing this... They are stalking the zone with the mission ready to finish on a second account, so they know which zone to go to? How does Kronos know how to find the group fighting the giant monster?

Seriously, if you are in Talos and see Kronos after Kronos after Kronos, you think players are doing this?

It's certainly possible.  Some SG's will absolutely do this as an SG event and spawn a crowd of GM's.

I participated in such events back on live and have seen it advertised on Homecoming.

Specifically, "I seriously doubt that somehow 10 players could all coordinate getting to the right point in the Crimson arc simultaneously, and then have all their groups exit in Talos."

Why would you have ANY doubt that could be done?  That's *EASY*.  I could EASILY manage three myself with my three accounts.  Solo the arc until you get to the end of the correct mission, then just wait there.  Solo on another account and wait.  Etc.

Then, one right after the other, exit the mission direct to Ouroboros - WHERE GIANT MONSTERS CAN NOT SPAWN - and proceed to Talos.  Just like any other ambush in the game, the Titan will proceed to Talos.

• Like 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

27 minutes ago, Krimson said:

It's already been confirmed (twice!) that it is player-driven, but here's an example announcement with after-action report from an event on Everlasting couple of years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Krimson said:

It has been done before.  Two Kronos Titans vs. Babbage and Council Goliath War Walker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

That's almost certainly other players spawning Kronos.  You can spawn it in many (but not all!) zones by doing the Crimson arc in Ouro (or through Crimson directly).  When you finish the mission that leads up to the ambush, don't hit the exit button but use one of your many teleportation powers to exit into a different zone (Ouro portal works).  

Yup.  Definitely other players spawning it.  We used to do this all the time back in the day.  Friends and I used to spawn multiple Kronos Titans in a zone at once.  Sadly, since the HC staff here stupidly moved all the zone in points, this is not really feasible in most all zones since the Titan gets droned before anyone can enjoy the festivities.  Talos seems to be the best spot to do this.  Very sad.  This used to be a lot of fun to do a mass Titan spawn. 

5 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Two. Now explain up to 10 in Talos on a daily basis since summer 2019.

Very simple.  You have 10 people finishing the Wildflower mission at once and teleporting to the same zone at the same time.  Not at all difficult to do.  I have dual boxed two of my own doing this on occasion. 

7 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Alrighty sure. So is there some secret to the ones who can do precision drops, like spawning a Kronos right beside Babbage in Boomtown? What process is used to make sure Kronos spawns exactly where the fallen GM was? Details please.

Depending on where Babbage spawns, he can be at the zone in point from either Oro portal or base portal or zone teleport.

6 minutes ago, Krimson said:

The reason I use Boomtown Babbage as an example is because he has THIRTY ONE spawn points. So whomever dropped Kronos on my group somehow not only knew which of those spawn points we were at, but was able to spawn Kronos right there as he fell. I want to know how to do this. 

That I am not sure about.  I can tell you for sure that it is possible to spawn multiple Titans in a zone at the same place at once.  It just depends on the method to get there (Oro/Base/LRT) although I think most of those all share the same zone in point now.

It also could be that the Kronos does not spawn instantly when you zone in.  It might take it a minute, so the player could have moved to your location before the Kronos spawned.

11 minutes ago, Krimson said:

With precise timing good enough to spawn it the second the other GM dies. And I have seen this at least three times. I love how Occam's Razor just got thrown under the bus in this thread.

I was not there, so I cannot say for certain what happened.  It very well could be someone from Homecoming playing on their non-admin account triggering something.  There is simply not enough information.  All I am doing is confirming it is possible to do a multiple Kronos spawn at the same spot.

Yes, players CAN drop multiple titans in a zone.  But also, there is something else other than player-activated spawning to these random sightings where 10+ titans frequently show up in a zone.  I've been to many of these and not all are in Talos and not all titans spawn at the same time as you would see if multiple players dropped into a zone at same time.

My first encounter was in Skyway, to the West near the KR gate (so not near a portal drop-off point).  We had 14 titans spawn and they were all one right after the other.  As soon as the first one died, a second spawned, and as soon as it died, a third spawned - all spawned on top of us.  It is near impossible and mostly improbable that a coordinated player event spawning 14 titans immediately 1 right after the other occurred.  The death of one titan spawned the next one - it was certainly not a player dropping into a zone as there would be no way for that player to instantly port to the West side of Skyway by the KR gate. 

So.... there has to be some mechanic, bug, or GM-driven action to drive at least SOME of these events.

Ill give that its maybe a bug but not that its a GM spawning them.  GMs dont sit around constantly spawning more kronos'.  And if they were,  whoever 'hired' them, (yes i know its volunteer) would 'unhire' them.

To answer one of the OP's questions:

At the end of teh Wildflower arc, there is a 90-minute timed mission (via "board transit") where the Kronos Titan appears (as an Elite Boss, if you want). Players who join the mission owner for that mission (and the owner) can get the badge that way (if they don't already have it). As the mission owner, this was how I helped @Heraclea (as Heraclea, RIP buddy) on Torchbearer get that badge. If there was ever a character who deserved "Mistress of Olympus", it was that character.

• Like 1

I've seen it several times in the past where 10+ spawn one after another in Talos on Excelsior. Haven't run into it in months but I am also on later. If I remember correctly some would overlap. I always assumed it was a GM or bug. Interesting that this is possibly generated by players.

I think I prefer not to know. It's more fun with the mystery surrounding it.

1 hour ago, tidge said:

To answer one of the OP's questions:

At the end of teh Wildflower arc, there is a 90-minute timed mission (via "board transit") where the Kronos Titan appears (as an Elite Boss, if you want). Players who join the mission owner for that mission (and the owner) can get the badge that way (if they don't already have it). As the mission owner, this was how I helped @Heraclea (as Heraclea, RIP buddy) on Torchbearer get that badge. If there was ever a character who deserved "Mistress of Olympus", it was that character.

You are positive of this? I've done that mission and I cannot remember if I got the badge or not. Does the Kronos have to be an AV or can it be the EB version?

8 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Specifically, "I seriously doubt that somehow 10 players could all coordinate getting to the right point in the Crimson arc simultaneously, and then have all their groups exit in Talos."

Why would you have ANY doubt that could be done?  That's *EASY*.  I could EASILY manage three myself with my three accounts.  Solo the arc until you get to the end of the correct mission, then just wait there.  Solo on another account and wait.  Etc.

Just takes planning. Get eight of your SG members that haven't started Crimson's arc and run his arc with the 'enable cooperative mission' flag enabled. The team leader exits the mission by LRT to the zone where Kronos is to be spawned, and then each of the other team members confirm that they want to have this mission completion complete theirs, and LRT to the zone where they want Kronos to spawn. By the time all eight are out, you can have Kronos spawning in eight zones, or eight in one zone.

13 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

I've seen as many as 22 Titans spawned at once in Boomtown.

screenshot_200407-20-56-42.jpg

That link is broken.  If you mouse over it, you can see that .jpg appears twice with a lot of seemingly extraneous numbers in there.

Maybe it's supposed to look like that, but it still doesn't work.

I've seen them spawn on Sunday late nights near the Talos tram many times since relaunch. Over 20 on multiple occasions. At one time, 7 of them at once. Sunday has been the most common day. The odd's of that being player driven are just not possible. I'd put money on a bored GM. And they come from multiple directions. I once racked up over 300 merits killing Kronos in Talos.

Again, it is possible it's player driven. But the amount of planning to get them spawning like that for over an hour just seems not plausible.

8 hours ago, Turric said:

You are positive of this? I've done that mission and I cannot remember if I got the badge or not. Does the Kronos have to be an AV or can it be the EB version?

Usually... the arc owner already has the badge (from the GM spawn) so you don't get it again. I am positive that (at least in 2019) players who don't have the badge will get it for helping with the final clear-the-map mission. It is a timed, mission... so you can't get that mission and then keep it uncompleted, but it is a high-level arc so it isn't that hard to clear the map. You will have to coordinate with any teammates of course, as some may jump into the mission without waiting.