Issue 27, Page 4: General Feedback

4 minutes ago, Booper said:

You aren't understanding the change. The damage only went out to 10 feet, the extra 2 feet were doing nothing other than weakening your proc chances

I'd have to retest, but doesn't that also affect the kd as well. I'd say regardless it should be higher for target based ones, or pbaoe like tremor, but if its not actually effecting it then well thats one thing. Though still think on all blaster secondary aoes should be at least 10-15 ft, 10 on non tank-melees. the tiny radii really hurts.

• City Council
2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I'd have to retest, but doesn't that also affect the kd as well. I'd say regardless it should be higher for target based ones, or pbaoe like tremor, but if its not actually effecting it then well thats one thing. Though still think on all blaster secondary aoes should be at least 10-15 ft, 10 on non tank-melees. the tiny radii really hurts.

That's why we're here. Test changes and provide feedback based on the results of those tests.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

42 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Toggle Suppression

• No More Offensive Toggle Drops: Toggles that used to drop when mezzed will instead have their effects suppressed while mezzed and for 8s after breaking out of mezz.

OMFG YES FINALLY!!! Easily the best part of this update!

Edit: Ok, i definitely read too fast cause I was excited, but that 8 second suppression should definitely NOT exist after being un-mezzed. That is a LONG time for important toggles to not be usable again. The toggles should just suspend, but definitely not suppress after being un-mezzed (pvp i could see maybe, but definitley not in PVE, in a lot of situations, this is actually worse that retoggling. Maybe a compromise of like 2 or 3 seconds, but DEFINITELY not 8 seconds.

Yup, honestly can't stop thinking about how horrid this is on the suppression. Please remove that horrid suppression, or at the very least compromise to a 2 or 3 second suppression. That suppression honestly just made me go from ecstatic about the issue even with some of the other bad things I mentioned, to honestly feeling just dreadful and depressed if it doesn't get removed. Like Ugh. Improvements please, not nerfs. Also, when they would get detoggled from mez, they would recharge to be ready to cast back on the enemy etc without needing intervention. This suppression is actually worse cause not only would you either have to manually detoggle, to retoggle faster, but that 8 seconds is far beyond what most retoggling would take, especially for those key toggles like radiation infection and  darkest night. Again, REMOVE the suppression entirely, or at least compromise down to a 2ish second suppression.

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Thumbs Up 3

I am sure the 8 sec suppression is great for people who never pay attention to their toggles to notice that before they got turned off, but for those of us who do, the 8 sec suppression is a horrible, horrible nerf. It's basically causing the mez to last 8 seconds longer than it did before, and on some power sets could actually be fatal.

If nothing else can you at minimum make the offensive toggle suppression an option? That way people who would prefer just having their toggles turned off to the 8 sec suppression afterwards can just do it manually like we have been.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Characters at Level 50 can no longer earn experience towards the Veteran Level rewards (Veteran Badges, Incarnate Threads, and Empyrean Merits) from Architect Entertainment content; this does not apply to Incarnate Slot Experience which can still be earned in AE.
  • This change does not apply to Developer's Choice arcs, which have always gives full rewards and will continue to do so.
  • Fixed a bug with Experience Boosters granting too much experience in non-Dev Choice AE missions. 1.5XP was giving double XP and 2XP was giving triple XP. These have been corrected to the intended 1.5x and 2x, respectively. 

Boo.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, decomposey said:

I am sure the 8 sec suppression is great for people who never pay attention to their toggles to notice that before they got turned off, but for those of us who do, the 8 sec suppression is a horrible, horrible nerf. It's basically causing the mez to last 8 seconds longer than it did before, and on some power sets could actually be fatal.

If nothing else can you at minimum make the offensive toggle suppression an option? That way people who would prefer just having their toggles turned off to the 8 sec suppression afterwards can just do it manually like we have been.

Somehow i don't think coding would be possible for both options, but honeslty they're already doing nothing when you're mezzed, the suppression shouldn't even exist, but at the very least like i said, make it only 2 seconds to account for a retoggle, DEFINITELY not 8 seconds.

On the topic of Toggle Suppression, which is a wonderful/overdue change in concept, a still-suppressed period does make sense - prior to this change, you wouldn't have been able to reapply the power's effects until both the power was recharged and the reapplied toggle had animated. 8 seconds sounds right in the range of default recharge + animation time for most offensive toggles. ...but global recharge and recharge slotting in those powers reduces their recharge. So if my built-out Dark Miasmist gets mezzed, it'd be better for me to detoggle Darkest Night myself before using a break free if I want that back in effect asap. Can this delay be made to take the power's actual recharge + animation time into account instead of being a flat value? Admittedly there is still some benefit to not full-retoggling since I can be using that time on additional attacks and my toggle will come back into effect on its own eventually, but after how long should still reflect the actual time being saved as determined by my build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, AlwaysAPrice said:

On the topic of Toggle Suppression, which is a wonderful/overdue change in concept, a still-suppressed period does make sense - prior to this change, you wouldn't have been able to reapply the power's effects until both the power was recharged and the reapplied toggle had animated. 8 seconds sounds right in the range of default recharge + animation time for most offensive toggles. ...but global recharge and recharge slotting in those powers reduces their recharge. So if my built-out Dark Miasmist gets mezzed, it'd be better for me to detoggle Darkest Night myself before using a break free if I want that back in effect asap. Can this delay be made to take the power's actual recharge + animation time into account instead of being a flat value? Admittedly there is still some benefit to not full-retoggling since I can be using that time on additional attacks and my toggle will come back into effect on its own eventually, but after how long should still reflect the actual time being saved as determined by my build.

I understand that, which is where that 2-3s MAX suppression to account for retoggling would be acceptable, but DEFINITELY not 8 seconds, that's just horrid.

Noticing that last part too, Honestly most are already rech'd by the time the mez wears off cause they detoggle right away. So the issue is the animation time. If the suppression could last only per power given their animation times would be great, but im sure that would take FAR more coding that just giving a flat rate. But again the issue is really the time. 8 seconds is just FAR too long of a suppression. 2, or 3 seconds max is where that number should be, because even then, some faster activating toggles are still getting a nerf on usage after un-mezzing.

Edited by WindDemon21

From what I read in the patch note so far, I'm really pleased to see these changes, both for aesthetic purposes, but for roleplayers and players both. Not just the map changes ( A huge fix there I bet with the geometry.) but the repairs of things that the old team from the original lifetime of the game had left out of "It's not broke, why fix it" attitudes. Thank you for continuing to listen to the player base and rounding things out further with the game, seriously. I'll be on brainstorm testing things out once the update finishes on my system. Look forward to seeing others testing things out and getting a feel for the changes and adding further feedback. :) 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

Radiation Infection (All, except Crey): Cast time reduced from 3.1s to 1.5s. 

Yes! While at it also look at quicksand especially, but also any that use bonfire/repulsion bomb. Same animation as neutron bomb, but those take 3 seconds to cast, where they should only take the 1.67 that neutron bomb does.

Same goes for all that use the psy scream animation, and basically everything in dark miasma, especially that twilight grasp/flashfire/flash freeze animation. Tar patch/darkest night especially too.

Yes the Rad Infection buff is sooo overdue, it is very welcome.  I never had an issue with Scream, it was Shout that makes you feel like you were standing there quite awhile rearing up an attack.  Thankfully that got buffed slightly also.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

3 hours ago, America's Angel said:

YOU CAN STILL FARM.

(See below)

Test it out for yourself on Brainstorm and see!

For Active farming use map #23785

For AFK farming use map #23786

For updated builds, see the mids files attached to this post.

(Sorry to the mods for cross-posting this message in the three relevant threads. I just wanted to mention fire farming is still 100% possible with this update before a bazillion people jump to the the wrong conclusion. If anything, fire farming has actually been buffed, because enemy patrols won't wander off anymore...:classic_ninja:)

page 4 active farmer.mxd 5.58 kB · 7 downloads page 4 afk farmer.mxd 5.7 kB · 5 downloads

Nice, updated enemies, mind sharing what abilities they're using?

3 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

*reads notes*

Wow, amazing Quality of Life stuff. Stunning.

*reads further*

what the...really?

I guess typed Defense can go...itself.

Yeah, this should also really be repealed, defense shoudl work to each kinda of attack type, like it always has, really dumb move.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

the fire farm enemies wil lget cauterizing aura, and burn, its going to HURT.

Well, you clearly didn't play their fire farm. They don't use Burn or Cauterizing Aura, but still rewarding the same amount of INF/EXP.

Which is why I'm curious what abilities he/she gave their enemies to bring it back to maximum rewards.

1 minute ago, JIMMYDEENS said:

Well, you clearly didn't play their fire farm. They don't use Burn or Cauterizing Aura, but still rewarding the same amount of INF/EXP.

Which is why I'm curious what abilities he/she gave their enemies to bring it back to maximum rewards.

It does seem like they want to angle to make passive fire farming not as much a thing. I wonder if they are going to watch the market and INF cost of items? 

And I suppose to foster people to play more regular/Incarnate content rather than just door sitting.

3 minutes ago, JIMMYDEENS said:

To be fair, at the very least, would make it so you just have to turn the level difficulty down, and will lower the amount you earn, but therefore item prices will drop, but winters will get exceedingly rarer as a result. So if you're farming, progression will be slower, but youll still be making a good bit I'd think compared to people not farming.