Issue 27, Page 4: General Feedback

YOU CAN STILL FARM.

(See below)

Test it out for yourself on Brainstorm and see!

For Active farming use map #23785

For AFK farming use map #23786

For updated builds, see the mids files attached to this post.

(Sorry to the mods for cross-posting this message in the three relevant threads. I just wanted to mention fire farming is still 100% possible with this update before a bazillion people jump to the the wrong conclusion. If anything, fire farming has actually been buffed, because enemy patrols won't wander off anymore...:classic_ninja:)

page 4 active farmer.mxd page 4 afk farmer.mxd

Edited by America's Angel
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

ITF has a hard mode. Repeatable Cim incarnate content.

You now have song control and sonic is cool as a power set, even for doms now.

Lots of bug, text and costume fixes.

You can become any NPC you want, provided you grind for the new currency.

You can now see your weapons before you use a power on your toon.

Attacks from mobs now have clear two types (range/melee/aoe and fire/cold/energy, etc.) instead of 3 or more at times.

Toggles, even offensive ones, stay on when mezzed or when you form shift, but will just suppress until you've changed back to a human form or the mez ends.

Remember not having Toxic defense? Now you do. Remember that Psi-Hole in your armors? Not anymore.

-You're welcome, Flea.

Edited by Rejolt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

No More Offensive Toggle Drops: Toggles that used to drop when mezzed will instead have their effects suppressed while mezzed and for 8s after breaking out of mezz.

Whoever came up with this is the wind beneath my wings. Bravo.

• Thumbs Up 5

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

4 minutes ago, Night said:

Those attack changes mechanics are really bad and will mess up all builds that rely on S/L defense for survivability...so, all endgame IO builds. I can't see any reason for that and it seems like a super needless way to make the game difficult...you know, right after introducing actual difficulty levels to the game? Like, why? That's only gonna drive people away...

I think that's the point. Slotting for S/L defense trivialized any enemies with typed damage that had a S/L component, which is like... 90% of their attacks. Luckily most S/L defense comes with melee defense, so you will still have that layer of mitigation. And building for positional softcap will still be very cheap & viable.

• City Council

PSA: Please post things that have their own thread in their own thread, so that the devs can see all feedback where they expect it. I can't move posts between threads. 😞

• Like 3
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Hm; can't really test at the moment, myself - for whatever reason, my cursor snaps to the top-left quarter of the screen every second or so in the Brainstorm client. (This does not happen on the Live client.)

Poking about for a workaround.

Enhancement Slotting Fixes

While you're at it make sure to allow those powers that DO do accurate healing/debuff to accept those enhancement sets too. I can't think exactly of what offhand but I know there are some where it's REALLY dumb that you can't properly slot those sets. I know benumb is one that should take end mod sets. Neurotoxic breath should take holds. I know there is one major power that should allow for accurate healing sets that does not but can't immediately think which it is. OBV slow/kd sets in ice slick/patch as just mentioned. Dynamo on blasters, the heal isn't attached to accuracy, but it does take, acc, and heal enhancements, so would make enough sense at least that it coudl take accurate healing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Toggle Suppression

• No More Offensive Toggle Drops: Toggles that used to drop when mezzed will instead have their effects suppressed while mezzed and for 8s after breaking out of mezz.

OMFG YES FINALLY!!! Easily the best part of this update!

Edit: Ok, i definitely read too fast cause I was excited, but that 8 second suppression should definitely NOT exist after being un-mezzed. That is a LONG time for important toggles to not be usable again. The toggles should just suspend, but definitely not suppress after being un-mezzed (pvp i could see maybe, but definitley not in PVE, in a lot of situations, this is actually worse that retoggling. Maybe a compromise of like 2 or 3 seconds, but DEFINITELY not 8 seconds.

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Radiation Infection (All, except Crey): Cast time reduced from 3.1s to 1.5s. 

Yes! While at it also look at quicksand especially, but also any that use bonfire/repulsion bomb. Same animation as neutron bomb, but those take 3 seconds to cast, where they should only take the 1.67 that neutron bomb does.

Same goes for all that use the psy scream animation, and basically everything in dark miasma, especially that twilight grasp/flashfire/flash freeze animation. Tar patch/darkest night especially too.

• Thumbs Up 4

We just tried ITF with 2 stars.

We were 4, Energy Energy Scrapper, Illu Rad controller, Elec Ice blaster, Empath Psi Defender

2h25 with 64 deaths !

That was great. I don't want to spoil, but they're some 'little' surprises !

Devs did a great job.

That will be awesome in 4-stars and a complete team

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Question, regarding the Hologram Vendor.  I have 3 permanent costumes that I got for participating in Folding.  This vendor now makes those costumes general content for everyone?

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

Blaster/Electricity Manipulation/Thunder Strike: Changed the radius from 12 feet to 10 feet. All of the AoE effects used an outer radius of 10 feet already.

MAJOR downvote on this. As this is /elec's essentially only aoe, and the aoe damage is small at that, and the fact that it's target based and not pbaoe, the 12ft really helps it. Going down to 10ft is going to really hurt the power, at that rate, just normalize it to an actual pbaoe like tremor if you're going to make it only 10ft radius.

While you're at it, should really fix other aoes on blaster secondaries like lotus drops and dragon's tail's 8ft radius, which should be 10. Though tbh like doms the secondary aoes should really be 15ft anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Night said:

Those attack changes mechanics are really bad and will mess up all builds that rely on S/L defense for survivability...so, all endgame IO builds. I can't see any reason for that and it seems like a super needless way to make the game difficult...you know, right after introducing actual difficulty levels to the game? Like, why? That's only gonna drive people away...

I think you should test it. It did not cause major issues when I tested it.

Only certain attacks in certain groups are effected. In general it only slightly raised the difficultly.

Arachnos got the biggest buff, but still that is only contained to Toxic Tarantulas and Lord Recluse.

Note, many armor sets got toxic and psi defense to help.

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
5 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Blaster/Electricity Manipulation/Thunder Strike: Changed the radius from 12 feet to 10 feet. All of the AoE effects used an outer radius of 10 feet already.

MAJOR downvote on this. As this is /elec's essentially only aoe, and the aoe damage is small at that, and the fact that it's target based and not pbaoe, the 12ft really helps it. Going down to 10ft is going to really hurt the power, at that rate, just normalize it to an actual pbaoe like tremor if you're going to make it only 10ft radius.

While you're at it, should really fix other aoes on blaster secondaries like lotus drops and dragon's tail's 8ft radius, which should be 10. Though tbh like doms the secondary aoes should really be 15ft anyway.

You aren't understanding the change. The damage only went out to 10 feet, the extra 2 feet were doing nothing other than weakening your proc chances

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderforce said:

No More Offensive Toggle Drops: Toggles that used to drop when mezzed will instead have their effects suppressed while mezzed and for 8s after breaking out of mezz.

Whoever came up with this is the wind beneath my wings. Bravo.

Ok, the notes don't mention anything about the 8 second suppression. This 100% should NOT suppress after you're unmezzed.

• Thumbs Up 1