Issue 27, Page 4: General Feedback

New content aside - which is wonderful - I wonder how many of these changes were made based on posts in the Suggestions and Feedback forum?

General feedback: I'm supportive of the incremental increase of Toxic/Psi resistance to melee archetypes. I'd like to see similar changes added to Kheldians as well via their shields. Peacebringers already get 22.5% res to Psi damage from Quantum Shield while in PvP zones (but not in PvE). Warshades already get 15% res to Toxic from Penumbral Shield in PvE and PvP (and 22.5% res to Psi in PvP).

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=peacebringer_defensive.luminous_aura.quantum_shield&at=peacebringer

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=warshade_defensive.umbral_aura.penumbral_shield&at=warshade

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

8 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Not sure why you're laugh-emoji reacting to me @The_Warpact

I laughed because, I thought it was funny. Your response struck me as something that should be laughed at. 

I have no other reaction other than to be pissed because, I have zero understanding why the "devs" felt it is was necessary to eliminate vet rewards. 

I'm not coming off as an asshole towards you, I have mad respect for you and all the stuff you contribute.

A component of the way I play is getting removed and it totally destroys my ability to play how I enjoy to play. You posted that and I laughed and thought yeah you can but half out it is now going the way of the dinosaurs. 

Regardless, of the reasoning (AE babies, Afk farmers, etc) it's shit. Everything right now is conjecture until the "devs" post their diary with whatever reasoning for this. Meanwhile people are going to stew for a bit and stay pissed until it comes out.

Hope that came across clearly, no disrespect intended your way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, Oklahoman said:

New content aside - which is wonderful - I wonder how many of these changes were made based on posts in the Suggestions and Feedback forum?

I, generally, also wonder this. I don't want to parse through that entire forum but I am curious as to how Devs decide these things. I honestly don't remember any of the items in this page being high on any list in those forums - but I could be very wrong. So, please do let me know. Finally, if none of these new page items were taken from that thread then why not just shut down that thread? 

Instead of posting separating posts in the aggro changes and AE.

If you are a afk farmer, I would copy over to Brainstorm and test.

There are three factors in play that might require players to toughen up their afk farmers:

• To get full experience mobs farm mobs might need added attacks or defense. I don't consider this the biggest issue as folks will figure out a way to make the weakest 100% exp mob quickly
  • All Custom Enemy ranged attacks have a minimum range of 80ft. Hard to make 100% exp mobs without ranged fire attacks.  Folks might find a way.
  • Aggro behavioral change which means many more mobs attacking

The result is that you might need to add a little more fire defense and/or get the HP accolades to give yourself more of a buffer.

Again as always. TEST!

2 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

I, generally, also wonder this. I don't want to parse through that entire forum but I am curious as to how Devs decide these things. I honestly don't remember any of the items in this page being high on any list in those forums - but I could be very wrong. So, please do let me know. Finally, if none of these new page items were taken from that thread then why not just shut down that thread? 

I know the sound-stacking issue they fixed has been discussed in several threads on the forums, though not necessarily in that forum.

Edited by Stormwalker
Grammar, how does it work?
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Instead of posting separating posts in the aggro changes and AE.

If you are a afk farmer, I would copy over to Brainstorm and test.

There are three factors in play that might require players to toughen up their afk farmers:

• To get full experience mobs farm mobs might need added attacks or defense. I don't consider this the biggest issue as folks will figure out a way to make the weakest 100% exp mob quickly
  • All Custom Enemy ranged attacks have a minimum range of 80ft. Hard to make 100% exp mobs without ranged fire attacks.  Folks might find a way.
  • Aggro behavioral change which means many more mobs attacking

The result is that you might need to add a little more fire defense and/or get the HP accolades to give yourself more of a buffer.

Again as always. TEST!

Someone reminded me. I always forget about defense amplifiers from the P2W. That might provide all the toughing you need.

47 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Yes, many of the changes were requested by players on the forums.

• Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Does the sound stacking change fix Masterminds breaking their sound cards when entering and exiting missions?

It should, yes.   (I don't have a Mastermind myself, so can't positively confirm, but I've heard others say it does).  I can confirm that it fixes PBAoE's and multiple simultaneous attacks being deafening.

18 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Powerleveling 1-50.

Unlocking incarnate slots.

Influence.

I mean with these changes shouldn't they make it so you are unable to unlock incarnate slots? In lore, you are playing a video game but somehow connecting to incarnate stuffs?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/14/2022 at 2:17 PM, Glacier Peak said:

General feedback: I'm supportive of the incremental increase of Toxic/Psi resistance to melee archetypes. I'd like to see similar changes added to Kheldians as well via their shields. Peacebringers already get 22.5% res to Psi damage from Quantum Shield while in PvP zones (but not in PvE). Warshades already get 15% res to Toxic from Penumbral Shield in PvE and PvP (and 22.5% res to Psi in PvP).

I asked on the Psi/Toxic thread if VEATS (well Widows specifically) could get some improvements too, so maybe a general discussion of EATs over there?  Most EATs are pretty tanky, so I think it might apply.

32 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

Could Widows get some of this?  Mostly Toxic resistance, I'm caped to Psi.  Maybe Toxic resistance and defense in Mask Presence, and some resistance in Foresight.  (Mind Link provides about 15% Toxic defense on my toon, so take that into account, I think the base defense is 10%.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

I asked on the Psi/Toxic thread if VEATS (well Widows specifically) could get some improvements too, so maybe a general discussion of EATs over there?  Most EATs are pretty tanky, so I think it might apply.

I agree with this suggestion. It's actually thematic as Widows deal psi and toxic damage. A little toxic extra resists due to their training would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Firebase Zulu

• The soldiers in the med bay no longer use ragdoll physics and should stop falling off the medical tables.

Is this change being applied to the Rikti corpses in the examination room in the Vanguard building in Atlas Park? It can be amusing to see what poses the bodies change to if you zone to RWZ and back, then look through the examination room window again.

Would it be possible to get a poll for the community to vote on the types of changes and content for future Pages?

Right now it just seems like there are several updates that the community did not ask for in the Suggestions forums.

Sonic Assault - I guess this is a low hanging fruit to give Dominators something new from reusing the Blaster Manipulation set in the previous Page.

Symphony Control - Why the segregation between Sonic and Symphony? I don't believe it's wise to make such a classification when the community has been posting requests to just add musical notes FX to Sonic Blast. Granted that it's the first for a sound based control which is a plus, making a future Sonic Control feels like a waste of dev hours. It's like adding a Stone Control when there is already an Earth Control set.

Sonic Blast Changes - Again why was the complicated -res stacking added? I understand the original Live justification that the -res was holding back on the set's damage for balance but couldn't a simpler solution be added instead? Keep the original Res but reducing the cast times and adding a bit more damage to even out the DPA?

Weapon Sheathing and Customization - Yes, this is a huge plus and time/effort well spent. Its customization additions like this that keep the community engaged when they have options to realize their concepts in game.

AE Changes - Well, the thread speaks for itself; you have a lot of people against it.

Attack Type Changes - Again, this was not asked for. 

Things that have been appearing in Suggestion Forums:

Mind Control Buffs

Mastermind QOL Changes - Pet Level same as MM level, TP to Me button, Mercenary and Necromancy Buffs

Empathy, Force Field and even Sonic Resonance Buffs

NPC Costume Pieces

There's an entire thread of reusable powersets.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, blue4333 said:

Would it be possible to get a poll for the community to vote on the types of changes and content for future Pages?

Certainly it's possible.  It's in no conceivable way desirable, but it's certainly possible.  Just because the community wants it doesn't mean it's desirable, and vice versa - just because the community hates it doesn't mean it's bad for the game.

And, as @Wavicle said, this isn't a democracy.  Never has been, almost certainly never will be.  Down that path lies madness [for an MMO].

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

10 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Certainly it's possible.  It's in no conceivable way desirable, but it's certainly possible.  Just because the community wants it doesn't mean it's desirable, and vice versa - just because the community hates it doesn't mean it's bad for the game.

And, as @Wavicle said, this isn't a democracy.  Never has been, almost certainly never will be.  Down that path lies madness [for an MMO].

You are 100% correct when you say this isn't a democracy. However, anyone who feels listening to the players isn't important is delusional. I appreciate the Devs and understand this is a volunteer situation. However, I do donate $5 almost every month (except when the window closes before I get there) but I am not getting much play or enjoyment from the game anymore. I will continue to donate the 5 as it isn't huge and every little bit helps.

Where am I going with this? If players get tired of the game direction and content addition then the donations may not make the minimum required amount for the Dev team. This is could be a big deal. This is when people need to realize that listening to your 'customers' is important when you're reliant on them. So, no, it isn't a democracy but it is pretty close (in a way).

20 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

You are 100% correct when you say this isn't a democracy. However, anyone who feels listening to the players isn't important is delusional. I appreciate the Devs and understand this is a volunteer situation. However, I do donate $5 almost every month (except when the window closes before I get there) but I am not getting much play or enjoyment from the game anymore. I will continue to donate the 5 as it isn't huge and every little bit helps.

Where am I going with this? If players get tired of the game direction and content addition then the donations may not make the minimum required amount for the Dev team. This is could be a big deal. This is when people need to realize that listening to your 'customers' is important when you're reliant on them. So, no, it isn't a democracy but it is pretty close (in a way).

You want to know what is in this patch that players want?  Ok, let's talk about that.

1). The sound stacking fix.  Even if that was the only thing in this entire page, I would be freakin' ecstatic.  And I know I'm not the only one, because there have been several threads on this forums (one of which was started by me a while back, in fact) on this subject.

2). Weapons displaying on the character outside of combat.  This has been wanted since the game launched on Live!  And based on the feedback thread for it, the community seems to be pretty enthusiastic about it, too.

3). Toggle suppression.  Sure, there's some argument about the timer involved, but toggle suppression is something that's been asked about since Live, too.  Especially for Kheldians, as it's apparently game-changing for them (I don't play one, but I'll take their word for it), and frankly Kheldians need some love.

4). Moving AE out of Atlas and Mercy.  I've seen this suggested several times on the forums, for lots of different reasons but probably the biggest one is because AE tanks the performance of both zones.

5). Hard Mode ITF.  Not a big thing for me, but I know a lot of players have been asking for new Hard Mode content, and the ITF is one of the most popular Task Forces in the game, so it was an excellent choice.

6). Advanced AE Custom Enemy Power Selection - More control over the power that custom enemies in AE have is something that people who create non-Farm AE missions have been asking for since AE first released on Live.

7). Walk Customization - roleplayers have been asking for this since Walk was first introduced on Live!

Just because the changes that have been implemented aren't ones that you ask for, doesn't mean that people haven't been asking for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Song Control is really nice, it's super stylish and pretty and whoever did the work on it should receive no less than ALL the love for it.

Perma-halloween costumes is nice, but as I go through them I notice something's missing...

445288419_Screenshot(586).png.fe0f3f674dc4d1c10950afc3876052ff.png

screenshot_220718-09-00-43.thumb.jpg.9d447b7b215174a19ccfecaac4d8a191.jpg

1858356269_Screenshot(584).png.df0d95a140627b858e7358bc1a15d291.png

screenshot_220718-09-01-09.jpg.74989dabdd00e50f1fcbf924c0da5cc0.jpg

screenshot_220718-09-14-28.jpg.f2482cfa1bc2c29d06a9ae36b2df5c76.jpg

It's time...

• Haha 2

Resident certified baby

As a more serious note (ha) I was messing around with song control and noticed there's a lack of feedback (ha) from the pet. It's probably the most interesting pet, to my mind anyhow. But it gives little information to its capabilities. Im not sure if this is something that's happening just 'cuz beta' and will be addressed once it's fully implemented, but as is, here's some things I think would be nice to be told via one of the many pet combat chats or via the pet control schreen (Each power's icon could be a 'buff' on the pet telling what 'songs' it currently is echoing).

1. When it catches the "echo" of one of my powers (right now it seems to catch as soon as I've cast one).
  2. When it LOSES the "echo" of a power (I can't tell WHEN this happens).
  3. Whwn it's "echoes" are off cooldown (assuming they aren't lost once theyre cast).
  4. What "echoes" it currently HAS (As I run through DA, I find it'll use powers I used before, but definitely DIDN'T want it to use, and I'd have waited to engage if I knew it was waiting for the encore)

This set is beautiful and amazing and I love it and I want to know how it ALLLLLL works pretty please and thank you

Resident certified baby

3 minutes ago, Redletter said:

As a more serious note (ha) I was messing around with song control and noticed there's a lack of feedback (ha) from the pet. It's probably the most interesting pet, to my mind anyhow. But it gives little information to its capabilities. Im not sure if this is something that's happening just 'cuz beta' and will be addressed once it's fully implemented, but as is, here's some things I think would be nice to be told via one of the many pet combat chats or via the pet control schreen (Each power's icon could be a 'buff' on the pet telling what 'songs' it currently is echoing).

1. When it catches the "echo" of one of my powers (right now it seems to catch as soon as I've cast one).
  2. When it LOSES the "echo" of a power (I can't tell WHEN this happens).
  3. Whwn it's "echoes" are off cooldown (assuming they aren't lost once theyre cast).
  4. What "echoes" it currently HAS (As I run through DA, I find it'll use powers I used before, but definitely DIDN'T want it to use, and I'd have waited to engage if I knew it was waiting for the encore)

This set is beautiful and amazing and I love it and I want to know how it ALLLLLL works pretty please and thank you

You might be able to find some of the answers here:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/powerset.html?pset=dominator_control.symphony_control&at=dominator

• Sad 1