Issue 27, Page 4: General Feedback

18 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Make sure this isn't happening on a NEW character made on Brainstorm. If it is, confirm that and we'll add it to the bug list.

It looks like it is fixed on Brainstorm, thank you Impervium. 

Fresh character roll with Tech Mace (using saved costume file): 

image.png.2c68412d0f3448cd6a684c36521eeeaa.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Can a HC team member give us a status report on where we are on this Beta? Or is there a section for this?

Just a generalized overview of the proceedings would be great. 

Example; Ice is going great, we have some issues with aether, symphony is getting a new roll out in changes, etc.

A central spot with periodic updates would be helpful to know where more help is needed, what needs tested more, areas of concern, time line, etc.

Final note, it doesn't have to be something that has comments, just an announcement.

Edited by The_Warpact
Learn 2 spell

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I'm not a team member, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn . . . well before the pandemic.

Anyway, history shows that there are at least a couple of builds on the test server before it goes live.  So my guess is we have one, maybe two, possibly more incremental builds before this goes live.

Again, from historical guidance, while they do take forum discussions and arguments into account, they prefer and are more likely to act on actual play testing with data.  Not that I'm accusing you of doing that.  Hell, I do some testing but a lot of forum philosophizing.

Can we get those ice machines added to the list of possible missiles for Propel to throw?  Heck, any of these things, really?

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

21 minutes ago, Dispari said:

No thread for base items so plopping these here. Pictures of the new base items. Red ones are to show tintability.

screenshot_220730-07-00-59.jpg

No more building washing machines and ovens!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/28/2022 at 11:31 AM, The_Warpact said:

I was looking more for regular updates from the team on the progress of things.

I would figure that players would love an overall picture of how things are proceeding from a HC team standpoint. 

Ask and ye shall receive:

• Thanks 1

Just popped into Ouroboros and noticed that the links to Echo Atlas Park, Galaxy City, and Faultline are missing (maybe others).  Only Dark Astoria and Rikti Crash Site are available.

Did that change?  Am I missing a badge?  (Could be it didn't transfer over from live.)  If I am missing a badge I'd prefer to see it listed on the menu anyway, with a "Locked" text tag next to it, and greyed out.  As is now folks won't know what options they are missing and won't know to ask around how to unlock it.

3 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

Just popped into Ouroboros and noticed that the links to Echo Atlas Park, Galaxy City, and Faultline are missing (maybe others).  Only Dark Astoria and Rikti Crash Site are available.

Did that change?  Am I missing a badge?  (Could be it didn't transfer over from live.)  If I am missing a badge I'd prefer to see it listed on the menu anyway, with a "Locked" text tag next to it, and greyed out.  As is now folks won't know what options they are missing and won't know to ask around how to unlock it.

What alignment were you?

25 minutes ago, Astralock said:

What alignment were you?

Oh, good point.  Villain.  And normally I play as a Rogue or Hero on live.

(Maybe show destinations that are locked as greyed out, with a tag indicating the alignment required.  So other folks don't make silly assumptions like me.)

The /screenshotui command doesn't appear to be working on beta.  It may not work on live either, I didn't test it.  I tried both /screenshotui 0 and /screenshotui 1 and in both cases it shows the GUI when taking a screen shot.  Neither command gave an error (I tried /aslkjf and it gave an unknown command error) so I know the command still exists.

In my keybinds file, this is what I've had for years.

F12             "screenshotui 0$$screenshot"
CTRL+F12        "screenshotui 1$$screenshot"

F12 for screenshots without the UI, CTRL+F12 for screenshots with the UI.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jacke said:

In my keybinds file, this is what I've had for years.

F12             "screenshotui 0$$screenshot"
CTRL+F12        "screenshotui 1$$screenshot"

F12 for screenshots without the UI, CTRL+F12 for screenshots with the UI.

Could it be a problem with chaining commands rather than the commands themselves?  I know for a while there's been an issue with an old bind that used to chain all the flyposes together so you could cycle through them with a single key.  Now it selects only the final one.

If you set up these keys only to toggle the UI and a third one to actually take the screenshot, does that work?

On 7/30/2022 at 7:43 AM, Sovera said:

No more building washing machines and ovens!

I wonder why these items were not listed in the patch notes. Would have been good to know, as two weeks ago I spent HOURS of my life constructing an oven/stove and a refrigerator from scratch for our SG base.  😞 

1 hour ago, Acroyear said:

I wonder why these items were not listed in the patch notes. Would have been good to know, as two weeks ago I spent HOURS of my life constructing an oven/stove and a refrigerator from scratch for our SG base.  😞 

From the current patch notes, so they were added in the latest:

Super Group Bases

Base Items Additions

• Removed '(new)' tag from previously released items from Page 3.
  • Added 8 previously unreleased kitchen items from Page 3:
    • Ice Box 1
    • Ice Box 2
    • Washing Machine 1
    • Clothes Dryer 1
    • Washing Machine 2
    • Clothes Dryer 2
    • Refrigerator 1
    • Gas Stove 1

On 8/7/2022 at 12:55 PM, Cinnder said:

Could it be a problem with chaining commands rather than the commands themselves?  I know for a while there's been an issue with an old bind that used to chain all the flyposes together so you could cycle through them with a single key.  Now it selects only the final one.

If you set up these keys only to toggle the UI and a third one to actually take the screenshot, does that work?

As these aren't attacks and only the last one ("screenshot") does anything active (the first one just changes a state value), there's no problem with chaining these 2 commands.  I've used those keybinds for years without problem.  Yes, it would work with 3 keybinds as you've laid out, but that isn't necessary.  Two keybinds work every time.

8 hours ago, Jacke said:

As these aren't attacks and only the last one ("screenshot") does anything active (the first one just changes a state value), there's no problem with chaining these 2 commands.  I've used those keybinds for years without problem.  Yes, it would work with 3 keybinds as you've laid out, but that isn't necessary.  Two keybinds work every time.

My apologies -- what I meant was that the flypose chain broke sometime in the past year, so maybe that same bug is now affecting the screenshot commands if folks are using them in chains.  Personally I love the idea of your two binds.

4 hours ago, Dispari said:

This item on the left, Combat Logs 2, wasn't in the patch notes but it's listed as new.

It is, but it's easy to miss:

• Fixed glitchy screen on the 'Combat Logs' medical base item. This fix also includes a 'Combat Logs 2' version with the legacy animated screen.

Ok, so, I've given the new stuff some time and looked over the forums. Unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of this Page. I know some are but I am giving my feedback.

Pages come out so infrequently and it is impossible to add a lot to the game. I get that. HC Devs, you're great for doing all you do. The quality is amazing.

Personally, I would like to push more towards adding new stuff and not so much revamping of the old stuff (yes, sometimes its needed). I think you can leave most of the old systems and powers alone. Instead of changing rewards and the such, focus on adding new content.

I am still hoping the AE idea I keep mentioning actually happens. I think it would really help in the area of adding content. Bring on the new powers, stories, TFs/SFs/Trials, power systems and so on. Maybe even an alternate power path instead of the incarnate route - you can take the incarnate path or this new path (maybe one not so tied into CoX lore that impacts your toon's story).

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1