Storm Palace Not Awarding Day Job Credit

kwsapphire

I opened a ticket in-game about this last weekend, but then didn't check my email again until this weekend. So the ticket was closed because I failed to respond to their question.

Issue: Storm Palace is not awarding credit towards Dimensional Explorer/Plunderer.

Reponse to ticket: Are you just stuck at the halfway point?

No, Storm Palace is not progressing the bar at all. (Confirmed further down this thread, this zone is bugged!)

I found four toons with NO PROGRESS toward Dimensional Warder and logged off one in each purple zone. I took screen shots before I logged them out yesterday, and then left them logged out until today, and took new screen shots.

As you can see, when I started NONE of the toons had Shadow Shard Day Job progress. When I logged them in today, the toons in FBZ, Chantry, and Cascade each had the progress bar pop up, but NOT the toon in the Storm Palace. 

Cascade Archipeligo: 

Cascade_July22.jpg

Cascade_July23.jpg

Edited by kwsapphire
added tags & confirmed bug

Coloden.png

I could maybe chalk it up to the fact that the toon I parked in the Storm Palace isn't level 50, but:

1. I didn't think any of the day job badge credit was level dependent, and

2. The day job bubble was visible in my buffs under my health bar, so that should mean I am in the right spot for progress, right?

3. I discovered this bug on a Level 50, my badger. I parked her in the Storm Palace for a WEEK and was distressed to see she was still stuck at 7 hours from whatever progress she had before. So I don't think it's the level. 

Edited by kwsapphire

Coloden.png

On 7/23/2022 at 9:06 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Your alignment needs to be Hero a blueside one (hero/vigilante) to gain credit towards the Day Job badge. 

There, corrected it for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

1 hour ago, SuggestorK said:

There, corrected it for you.

👍

From the HC Wiki:

This badge is only awarded to characters of the hero or vigilante alignments. Although credit for this badge may be earned by villains or rogues, the badge will not be awarded to a character until they change alignment.

This badge displays different names, depending on a character's current alignment.

• Dimensional Explorer on heroes and vigilantes
  • Dimensional Plunderer on villains and rogues
Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

👍

From the HC Wiki:

This badge is only awarded to characters of the hero or vigilante alignments. Although credit for this badge may be earned by villains or rogues, the badge will not be awarded to a character until they change alignment.

Hm i wonder if Wiki is correct there, i know a rogue surely can get credit but how would a villain get to that zone.. have they added a transportation method to shadow shard for them that i dont know?

• Like 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

49 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

Hm i wonder if Wiki is correct there, i know a rogue surely can get credit but how would a villain get to that zone.. have they added a transportation method to shadow shard for them that i dont know?

You are correct in that villains cannot get there (no transportation has been added that I know of), and technically that particular language on the wiki isn't 100% correct. That first paragraph of wiki text is actually a template that is used by many badges on the wiki to keep from having to type/paste the same text over and over, and so that edits can be instantly proliferated to all pages that use the template. For the vast majority of the pages that use it, that text is 100% correct. There are probably a few outliers (such as this) where it isn't 100% correct, and a new (but similar) template would need to be created for those cases.

• Thumbs Up 1

if they dont it would be inconsistent since i get as example credit for the pilot or arachnos base badge as vigilante, but the bar stops at 99,9 % and wont fill unless i turn rogue or villain.

Former Player on Server:

I've done this a lot since I'm rather CDO on getting all the dayjob badges for all my characters.

If you're the wrong alignment, so Rogue on blue, or Vig on red, you can get 100% of the credit, you just won't get the badge until you switch to the proper side.

I've done plenty where I collected the progress for all the redside, then had Null switch me, which then gets all the redside dayjob at that time.

If you hover over the badge in "Closest to Completion" it shows a full badge without giving a percentage.

There are places where you think you should get the badge, but you don't.  Normally, you'll see the yellow badge icon, but there are a few places where it won't pop up and you don't earn, and a few where you earn without it showing.  (Off the top of my head, First Ward's scavenger, Dark Astoria's Cold Hand of Death, and Mortician in some places)

As an aside, Praetorians have a limited number, but can earn Commuter in one of the Null extra zones, if Resistance.  (Soon, Loyalists will get Pilot in Echo Plaza)

I can now confirm that Rogues do NOT get credit for time spent (at least in The Storm Palace) towards the dayjob badge. I just talked to Null with Sapphire Harlequin and turned her into a Vigilante, and she still doesn't have any credit towards the Dimensional Explorer badge. 

• Thanks 1

Coloden.png

The Shadow Shard are technically blueside zones, so it makes sense that Rogues can't earn the badge, and is consistent with other Paragon-exclusive features (trains, for example). They should definitely be getting credit though, if it's consistent.

41 minutes ago, kwsapphire said:

I can now confirm that Rogues do NOT get credit for time spent (at least in The Storm Palace) towards the dayjob badge. I just talked to Null with Sapphire Harlequin and turned her into a Vigilante, and she still doesn't have any credit towards the Dimensional Explorer badge. 

Can you try logging out and back in from inside the Shadow Shard to get the a sliver of the badge and see what happens to the progress? Maybe it'll play catchup

Bring back Hazard Zones

9 hours ago, TomatoPhalanges said:

The Shadow Shard are technically blueside zones, so it makes sense that Rogues can't earn the badge, and is consistent with other Paragon-exclusive features (trains, for example). They should definitely be getting credit though, if it's consistent.

Can you try logging out and back in from inside the Shadow Shard to get the a sliver of the badge and see what happens to the progress? Maybe it'll play catchup

Yes, will do! I just moved her back into the Storm Palace, and will check again in a few hours. Good suggestion! (Edit) I checked again this evening and she still has no progress. I will check again tomorrow I guess.

Edited by kwsapphire

Coloden.png

it may that the zone has loopholes that not awarding credit to anyone... try it at firebase zulu without beeing near of the base portal.. that where i do mostly park mines for dimensional explorer badge (blueside name)

Former Player on Server:

Okay so my original post is correct: The Storm Palace is NOT awarding credit towards the dayjob badge.

Sapphire Harlequin is currently a Vigilante and has been parked in The Storm Palace since last night, somewhere in the range of 12 hours or so now. 

She still has ZERO progress towards dimensional explorer. 

5 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

it may that the zone has loopholes that not awarding credit to anyone... try it at firebase zulu without beeing near of the base portal.. that where i do mostly park mines for dimensional explorer badge (blueside name)

Yes, Firebase Zulu is awarding credit. All of the other purple zones are, it's just The Storm Palace that isn't. My goal is not to get the badge for Harlequin, it was merely to track down this bug. Which I discovered on my badger. 🙂

StormPalace_July31.jpg

Edited by kwsapphire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coloden.png

On 7/23/2022 at 3:06 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Your alignment needs to be Hero/Vigilante to gain credit towards the Day Job badge. 

I just went back and looked at my original screen shots again and noticed that Sapphire Sting was a Rogue and still got credit towards the badge from parking in Cascade Archipeligo. So presumably that zone is working as intended, at least. Credit towards the badge, but no badge til alignment swap.

Edited by kwsapphire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coloden.png

Storm Palace is strange.  I don't think it awards credit for Firebase Zulu Security Detail either, which is stated by the badge progress description to spend an hour in The Shadow Shard as a whole.  I once spent some time there doing some respecing and power tweaks while hoping to get that badge in a darker atmosphere and got nothing to show for it.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.