Vidiotmaps for Homecoming

When you get the chance, can you put the badge locations back in for the Praetorian Underground maps? They were there a couple of months ago, but weren't there last week or the week before (I don't remember when I'd looked).

3 minutes ago, SnoBahr said:

When you get the chance, can you put the badge locations back in for the Praetorian Underground maps?

Do you mean zones like Underground Neutropolis? If so, I haven't touched those maps since I've been working on vidiotmaps, and the date on those textures in the current build is Sept 7, 2011. I can't poke around in-game at the moment but when I get some time I'll look into it.

6 minutes ago, SnoBahr said:

Yup, those, please.

If/when you have a chance, can you please post a cropped screenshot showing your map so I know what you are seeing, just so I can have a point of reference?

5 hours ago, SnoBahr said:

the vidiot info is no longer on them.

I see the same thing Lunar Ronin is seeing. I checked all three underground zones and the vidiotmaps displayed fine in all three. I am using the same version as is currently available in the city mod installer. I also checked all the piggs that HC uses (the i24 base piggs, as well as the beta and live piggs that HC updates) and I don't see anything in the texture files that leads me to think something has changed in there. None of the HC-specific piggs have any map textures that relate to those three zones. So it might be something on your end, and I'd start with LR's suggestion to uninstall and reinstall vidiotmaps.

Earlier today I hit the update button on my mod and it didn't show updated maps.  So went back in, and used uninstall which resulted in a permissions error.

I wound up just grabbing the updated pigg and replaced the old one.  That worked fine.

I think I've downloaded the latest vidiotmaps update properly, as I'm able to see the marker on the map for the recent changes to Silent Sentinel and Rookie in both Atlas Park and Echo: Atlas Park. Also able to see the Bicentenial plaque locations. 

Well done, soldier. 

Now...to update the pop-menu on my system..

• City Council
20 hours ago, Michiyo said:

I should add File Validation to the installer...

Yeah.. so in adding support for this I broke updating mods.. this SHOULD be resolved now, at least it works for me.

• Thanks 3

On 2/21/2024 at 8:29 PM, SnoBahr said:

When you get the chance, can you put the badge locations back in for the Praetorian Underground maps? They were there a couple of months ago, but weren't there last week or the week before (I don't remember when I'd looked).

Hey @SnoBahr, I've successfully upgraded to the latest Vidiotmaps for HC Issue 27 Page 7, dated 2024 Feb 21 Wed.  I went to check all 3 Praetorian Underground maps.

Like @Lunar Ronin and @AboveTheChemist, I found Vidiotmap Badges and Plaque markers in all 3 Underground maps.

I have 3 suggestions to help you resolve your issues with Vidiotmaps:

• #1 in all cases.
  • #2 if you installed Vidiotmaps via the City Mod Installer.
  • #3 if you installed Vidiotmaps manually.

#1  In all cases, clean up any extra files left over from old Vidiotmaps installs.

#2  If you installed Vidiotmaps via the City Mod Installer, I'd suggest you do these steps:

• Exit all City client programs.
  • In City Mod Installer, remove Vidiotmaps.
  • Start the City client program, log in, and confirm there is no Vidiotmaps Badge and Plaque markers where you previously saw them.
  • Log out and exit the client program.
  • In City Mod Installer, reinstall Vidiotmaps.
  • Start the City client program, log in, and confirm that Vidiotmaps Badge and Plaque markers are back where you previously saw them.
  • Go to the Praetorian Underground zones and see if you can see Vidiotmaps Badge and Plaque markers in all 3 of them.

#3  If you installed Vidiotmaps manually, I'd suggest you do these steps.

• Exit all City client programs.
  • Go to the first post of this topic:
    https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/37216-vidiotmaps-for-homecoming/
  • Carefully follow the instructions in the spoilers labelled "Installation" including:
    • Re-download the "hc_vidiotmaps.pigg" file.
    • In the install location "<CoH Root Folder>\assets\mods\":
      • Delete any "hc_vidiotmaps.pigg" found there.
      • Copy the "hc_vidiotmaps.pigg" file you just downloaded to this locatioin.
    • In your Launcher for the City client programs, either Tequila or the HC Launcher:
  • Start the City client program, log in, and confirm that Vidiotmaps Badge and Plaque markers are back where you previously saw them.
  • Go to the Praetorian Underground zones and see if you can see Vidiotmaps Badge and Plaque markers in all 3 of them.

If you continue having issues, please report back what happened so we can give further advice.

Edited by Jacke
Tweaking wording
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, I followed Step 1, and verified that City no longer had any of the map add-ons going. I installed Optimal Paths and Vidiot, and got an error when launching the game itself. So I removed both maps... and installed Vidiot. That ran. Yay. Then I tried adding in Optimal, and got a bunch of errors...

These two mods Vidiotmaps for Homecoming and Optimal Badge/Plaque Collection Path maps have conflicting files:
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/Dark_Astoria_makeover/map_Coop_06_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_01_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_01_01_fall.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_01_01_halloween.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_01_01_winter.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_01_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_01_04.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_01_05.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_02_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_02_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_02_05.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_03_03.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_03_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_03_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_03_04.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_04_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_04_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_05_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_01_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_03_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_03_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_02_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_01_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_04_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_06_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_06_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_hazard_06_03.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_P_City_00_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_P_City_00_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_P_City_00_03.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_P_City_00_04.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_P_City_00_09.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_trial_02_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_trial_03_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_trial_06_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_trial_05_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_trial_04_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_trial_04_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/MAPS/static/map_War_05_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_City_01_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_City_01_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_City_02_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_city_03_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_City_03_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_City_04_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_City_05_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_PvP_02_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_PvP_03_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_PvP_04_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_PvP_05_01.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_Trial_04_02.texture
    Conflict: texture_library/V_MAPS/Static/map_V_Trial_04_03.texture

So, that's not good.

It took a few tries to let it accept that, yes, I wanted Optimal to overwrite what Vidiots had in place.

BUT! it works! it now shows me the badge/plaque locations in Underground Nova, and the optimal path in Nova itself! YAY!

• Like 3

Glad you got it running. Thanks to Jacke for the thorough troubleshooting steps!

Those errors make sense, since the optimal paths mod does essentially replace all those map textures. I won't have time to update the optimal paths mod for a few more days, so the maps you see with the optimal paths mod will have the 'old' version of vidiotmaps until I have a chance to update the optimal paths mod. That will only really matter in the zones that got Bicentennial plaques, and in Echo: Atlas Park. If you really need to see where the Bicentennial plaques are, or where Silent Sentinal was placed in Echo: Atlas Park, then it might be best to uninstall the optimal paths mod until I can update it. Otherwise, it should get you by until then.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, havokprime said:

I'm trying to get Vidiotmaps running and for some reason it's not working now with my latest install.  I do not know what to do 😞  Anyone run into this?

For installation I use the mod installer tool.

Unfortunately that is not enough info to be able to provide any advice. If you could paste/type in any errors you are seeing, or post some cropped screenshots of the errors/issues you are seeing, that would be helpful. Are you able to get other mods to run via City Mod Installer?

I'd also consider reading through the City Mod Installer thread and consider posting there instead if it is an issue with the installer, rather than an issue with the vidiotmaps mod itself. If it is an installer issue then you'll probably get help quicker there.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:30 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

Unfortunately that is not enough info to be able to provide any advice. If you could paste/type in any errors you are seeing, or post some cropped screenshots of the errors/issues you are seeing, that would be helpful. Are you able to get other mods to run via City Mod Installer?

I'd also consider reading through the City Mod Installer thread and consider posting there instead if it is an issue with the installer, rather than an issue with the vidiotmaps mod itself. If it is an installer issue then you'll probably get help quicker there.

That's the interesting bit ... I'm getting no errors the map is not changing.

City Mod Installer installs with no errors. 

If I go into the game directory:

C:\Games\Homecoming\assets\mods\ 

I see the following file: hc_vidiotmaps.pigg

I'll attach the file.  My map does not change.  Now the only additional information I have is that I did a reinstall of Homecoming prior to installation to see if I could fix a crashing problem and that changed my install directory to C:\Games\Homecoming but I think that's unrelated (unless there is a pointer some where to a mod directory then that pointer would be wrong potentially and still be pointing to my old install directory that doesn't exist anymore).

• City Council
2 hours ago, havokprime said:

That's the interesting bit ... I'm getting no errors the map is not changing.

City Mod Installer installs with no errors. 

If I go into the game directory:

C:\Games\Homecoming\assets\mods\ 

I see the following file: hc_vidiotmaps.pigg

I'll attach the file.  My map does not change.  Now the only additional information I have is that I did a reinstall of Homecoming prior to installation to see if I could fix a crashing problem and that changed my install directory to C:\Games\Homecoming but I think that's unrelated (unless there is a pointer some where to a mod directory then that pointer would be wrong potentially and still be pointing to my old install directory that doesn't exist anymore).

Make sure to follow the directions in the original post of the mod installer: 

Specifically the "Add to Launcher" -> Whichever launcher you're using.  You'll need to make sure whichever launcher you use is closed, do this, and then re-open the launcher.  If mods still don't work, in the Mod Installer select Tools -> Upload Support Bundle, and use your Forum name.

• Thanks 2

Cross posted from the Bugs forum.

This morning during the downtime I installed City Mod Installer and Vidiotmaps, not sure if its related, but I've never had this problem before. I only installed Vidiotmaps, no other mods.

When I open the game, the login screen looks and functions normally, the character select screen looks and functions normally. When I get in-game however, the resolution is messed up and the cursor doesn't work. It acts like the cursor is about an inch to the right of wherever the cursor shows it is on screen. There is a black border around the top and right side of the screen.

I've changed resolutions, changed from Windowed to Full Screen and back to Windowed.  I've restarted my PC, the problem is still there. The game is unplayable in this state, any help is much appreciated.

Edit: Used City Mod Installer to uninstall Vidiotmaps, problem is persisting. Will update as I know more, thanks.

Update: Did a reinstall and everything is working fine again.

CoH Res problem.jpg

Edited by Lightslinger

10 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Specifically the "Add to Launcher" -> Whichever launcher you're using.  You'll need to make sure whichever launcher you use is closed, do this, and then re-open the launcher.  If mods still don't work, in the Mod Installer select Tools -> Upload Support Bundle, and use your Forum name.

You nailed it ... user error on my part.

When I did a new install I needed to do the attach to launcher again.  Thanks for the assist.

18 hours ago, Michiyo said:

I can't even get into the game now, the game even had me send a crahs report.  I went to update the videiod maps.  I logged in, was on for about five minutes, tyhen it crashed out with this error msg: crash.thumb.jpg.885fa9f1c6adc40bf7a3ca7e7288f32e.jpg

That popped up whenever I tried to get back in.  I've tried uninstalling the Vidiot maps, and uninstalling/re-installing it, "to homecoming" as instructed by the original page.  Now when I do that, I get a msg that says "be sure launcher is closed then click OK."  Every time.  The launcher is closed, I even restarted the computer and didn't try to open before updating and and I still get this.

I should have known this was going to be a headache, every time I touch this stuff it goes south, Snarky was right!  😃

ETA: yeah, the game launcher crashes every time now.

ETA mrk2:  and now it all works just fine...  sigh... I swear I did nothing different.  Someone send me a panda please.tenor-1513951816.gif.3e91dec5ea32cf16a8014564ba3ec8a0.gif

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• City Council
18 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I can't even get into the game now, the game even had me send a crahs report.  I went to update the videiod maps.  I logged in, was on for about five minutes, tyhen it crashed out with this error msg: crash.thumb.jpg.885fa9f1c6adc40bf7a3ca7e7288f32e.jpg

That popped up whenever I tried to get back in.  I've tried uninstalling the Vidiot maps, and uninstalling/re-installing it, "to homecoming" as instructed by the original page.  Now when I do that, I get a msg that says "be sure launcher is closed then click OK."  Every time.  The launcher is closed, I even restarted the computer and didn't try to open before updating and and I still get this.

I should have known this was going to be a headache, every time I touch this stuff it goes south, Snarky was right!  😃

ETA: yeah, the game launcher crashes every time now.

ETA mrk2:  and now it all works just fine...  sigh... I swear I did nothing different.  Someone send me a panda please.tenor-1513951816.gif.3e91dec5ea32cf16a8014564ba3ec8a0.gif

The error you posted means that the file did not fully download for some reason.  I am working on an update to detect download issues and not leave behind broken files which cause this error.  Glad you got it sorted though, in the future, if you see that error, uninstalling the referenced mod is usually enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for all the work you and others put into the Modder and Vidiotmaps. 

I started the Modder up yesterday for the first time in months (after closing the game to desktop), updated Vidiotmaps and BadgeSetList, then restarted the game and all the new badge info displayed perfectly.  It even fixed my Perez Park map that had a graphics glitch that survived previous updates.

So easy even a tiny old insect can do it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Thanks for all the work you and others put into the Modder and Vidiotmaps. 

I started the Modder up yesterday for the first time in months (after closing the game to desktop), updated Vidiotmaps and BadgeSetList, then restarted the game and all the new badge info displayed perfectly.  It even fixed my Perez Park map that had a graphics glitch that survived previous updates.

So easy even a tiny old insect can do it!

But you're bionic too!!

Jokes aside, what's the BadgeSetList one do?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝