Vidiotmaps for Homecoming

Users who updated vidiotmaps via the old CoH Modder tool from about August to December 2020 may have downloaded a tampered copy that contained some nude costume textures. These aren't harmful for your computer, but they may make certain character models appear fully nude in-game. If you didn't knowingly install this 'nude mod' and wish to remove these nude costume textures, then simply delete the following files if they exist in your HC install:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\PLAYERS\AVATAR\Female\Masks\Hips\sf_hips_bikini_2.texture
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\PLAYERS\AVATAR\Female\Masks\Chest\sf_chest_top_8.texture

I've included similar instructions in the top post.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later
  • City Council
On 10/27/2023 at 9:20 AM, ElDestructo said:

My AP maps stopped working on all my toons.  unfortunately I'm playing on a MAC :(.   Can someone provide me a link to the files so I can install them without the installer?  I just copied the last version into the pp folder and got it to work.  Thanks! 

Expand the installation section in the original post, and read the manual install instructions.  You'll want to make sure to remove (or rename) your existing data directory, because these files will still override the new VidiotMaps files.  Download the .pigg from the link, go into assets in your city install, create a mods directory, place the pigg in there, then add the flag to your launcher as the instructions show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Game Master
On 9/18/2023 at 2:47 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

I realize I am way too late for this in this case, and this is directed to anyone reading the thread (not just the person quoted above), but it would be quite helpful if a tastefully cropped screenshot (or, barring that, a photo of your monitor) of the map issue you see in-game is included to help diagnose map issues.

That being said, from what I have seen the Midnighter club map is used somewhat frequently for missions, and as a result I often see the badge marker appear on mission maps when there is no actual badge there. It's not ideal but since those image resources are shared, I am not aware of a way to remove the marker from the mission maps without having the badge marker in the static version of the Midnighter club disappear as well. That's how I understand it, at least, as those map modifications predate my time working on vidiotmaps. I can't explain an upside-down marker, though, and that's why a screenshot would have been helpful.

In short, you didn't glitch the mod, it's just a quirk of that particular map resource.

There are a few missions which use the generic city map and the badge marker appears but there isn't a badge. We sometimes get tickets about it but there isn't really a lot we can do unless the devs go through every missions and rebuild the map specifically for that mission. It's a pain for the players who don't realise and spend ages looking for the badge (or indeed other things like the hospital or police station) but I imagine the devs have better uses of their time, and it's not a game breaking problem, just an annoying one.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later

Something I only just noticed this holiday season is that the Winter Atlas Park is missing exploration badge/plaque markers. I don't spend a lot of time in AP and typically have a rote path to gather them and just don't look at the AP map that often.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Wham Bam Thank you Ma'am's and Sirs!! I thought this would be a lot tougher than it was with my total lack of computer wizardry. Boy was I wrong. My hesitation at clicking the wrong things was the only reason my install took several minutes instead of the 3 seconds it should have. My Cimerora map is now updated and accurate. Siren's Call, however, is still askew. Thank you AboveTheChemist and Michiyo for all your effort and hard work. Also much thanks to the original devs for starting off this great application which makes my game time much more enjoyable! Thank you all contributors and I will see ya'll in Paragon City!

Edit: I was a bit hasty in my response. While Cimerora is accurate, it is missing the exploration badges, and as mentioned, Siren's Call is still askew. Seemed to me that the install went smoothly and no errors, so I will keep messing with it and see if I don't completely screw up my computer.

Edited by Qwerty MacDoogal

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges

I think I have some old data for my vidiot maps but I am not sure what to remove to clear things out.  I have gone so far as to reinstall the game but the old maps persist.  As an example, then I look at RWZ I am not seeing the homecomming information at all.  I have tried just adding the homecomming version but I am still seeing the old maps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• City Council
2 hours ago, AmNarah said:

I think I have some old data for my vidiot maps but I am not sure what to remove to clear things out.  I have gone so far as to reinstall the game but the old maps persist.  As an example, then I look at RWZ I am not seeing the homecomming information at all.  I have tried just adding the homecomming version but I am still seeing the old maps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Follow the instructions in the original post under the "Removing/Deleting Old Installations" Heading.  You can also just rename the data directory to remove any old mods all in one go.

On 8/23/2022 at 10:38 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

Removing/Deleting Old Installations

Hide contents

Users that had previously installed vidiotmaps either manually or using the CoH Modder tool will need to remove or delete their old installations in order for the new version to be visible in game. This is because the installation process now uses a .pigg file and the old process installed the mod files individually into the <CoH Root Folder>\data folder.

Old versions of vidiotmaps were installed to the following folders:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\MAPS
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\P_MAPS
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\V_MAPS

The 'MAPS', 'P_MAPS', and 'V_MAPS' folder must be relocated or deleted in order for the new version to work correctly (simply renaming the folders will not work). If needed, the individual file contents for each folder can be viewed in the File Contents section below.

Users who updated vidiotmaps via the old CoH Modder tool from about August to December 2020 may have downloaded a tampered copy that contained some nude costume textures. These aren't harmful for your computer, but they may make certain character models appear fully nude in-game. If you didn't knowingly install this 'nude mod' and wish to remove these nude costume textures, then simply delete the following files:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\PLAYERS\AVATAR\Female\Masks\Hips\sf_hips_bikini_2.texture
<CoH Root Folder>\data\texture_library\PLAYERS\AVATAR\Female\Masks\Chest\sf_chest_top_8.texture

I have completely removed the above mentioned data folders, even having gone as far as uninstalling the game and starting from scratch, but I still have the have the old maps.  Is there another location I should be looking?

• City Council
30 minutes ago, AmNarah said:

I have completely removed the above mentioned data folders, even having gone as far as uninstalling the game and starting from scratch, but I still have the have the old maps.  Is there another location I should be looking?

Define "Old Maps"  If you mean you're seeing just the base game maps, then you need to verify you've followed the install instructions specifically adding -assetpath assets\mods to your launch parameters. (Or if using the Mod Installer clicking "Add to Launcher" and selecting the launcher you use.)

If by "Old Maps" you mean previous versions of Vidiot Maps then you're not removing the correct files, usual causes are multiple copies of the game installed.  If you're using the Homecoming Launcher, open settings and verify the "Install Location".  If you're using Tequila Open Options and confirm the "Install Path".

• Thanks 1

I am seeing old vidiot maps, not the new ones from homecomming with the updated locations and badges.  I have also tried the optimized exploration and plaques but they are also not showing up.

It became really obvious today when I was in the RWZ and the map did not even list the same badges as Badger or the wiki.

Edited by AmNarah

And, when I get on CoH to take screenshots and show people the problem is resolved.  Must have been the last batch of deletes that got what ever the bug was.  Thanks for the tutorials.

• 2 weeks later

Are there maps for the Rogue Isles? (Apologies if this was listed somewhere I didn't see the info). I was on a villain when I installed Vidiots. I followed the directions (today). I was sure there was a problem, then I signed in on a hero and there were all the explore markers and such. So, I'm guessing I installed it correctly. So, the reason I see nothing in Mercy island is that it just isn't there to see?

1 hour ago, draugadan said:

Are there maps for the Rogue Isles? (Apologies if this was listed somewhere I didn't see the info). I was on a villain when I installed Vidiots. I followed the directions (today). I was sure there was a problem, then I signed in on a hero and there were all the explore markers and such. So, I'm guessing I installed it correctly. So, the reason I see nothing in Mercy island is that it just isn't there to see?

Installing while running the game can have some side effects, though normally, you just don't get the updates.   Login again and see if you have the markers on the villain side.  If not, quit fully out of game and reinstall the maps.

3 minutes ago, lemming said:

Installing while running the game can have some side effects, though normally, you just don't get the updates.   Login again and see if you have the markers on the villain side.  If not, quit fully out of game and reinstall the maps.

I appreciate the answer. I did a reinstall, that worked. I did do the install with the game closed the first time... but... who knows. It works now though, so thank you!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later
5 hours ago, Mentaxus said:

Is there anything anywhere that explains what the icons mean?

Good question, and the answer is yes. In the top left of the map window are two tabs. The one that says 'Zone' shows the map of the zone you are currently in. The one that says 'City' shows the overview map of the region you are in (Paragon City, Rogue Isles, or Praetoria). Each of the 'City' maps has a legend and/or text telling you what (most of) the symbols mean. Looking at those maps, I see they could use a little updating, but most of what you need to know should be covered there. Here's the one for Paragon City:

paragon_citymap_vidiot.jpg.7727b87b555c5137acb6edeaf17c4984.jpg

The only thing that I think is missing is the pink lines you'll see in Independence Port and Talos Island, which are the paths for the Ghost Ship(s).

Edited by AboveTheChemist
add map and clarification

• 2 weeks later

No need to post anything, I've had those coordinates for months. I do indeed hope to post updated maps soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've updated both the City Mod Installer installation and the manual installation files in the top post to include a sizeable update. In all, 28 maps were updated, including 17 that received full overhauls and 11 that received partial updates, mostly to add the new Bicentennial badge. The number of maps in this update represents about 4 to 5 times as many maps as I'd like to include in a typical update, but there were a lot of changes in i27p7 that impacted vidiotmaps. I had to prioritize some for full overhauls and relegate others to partial patches due to time constraints. I also had several maps in progress when I first learned of the changes, which also contributed to the large number of maps in this update.

Please do keep an eye out for any errors, especially on the new maps. I did my best to QA/QC the updates, but that doesn't mean that something didn't slip by, especially given the number of maps that were updated. If anyone finds anything in error on any of the maps, please let me know.

Users of my Optimal Paths map mod (the map version, not the popmenu version) may want to disable that map mod temporarily in order for the vidiotmap updates to be visible. It may be several days before I am able to update the Optimal Paths map mod to reflect the most current version of vidiotmaps.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarity
  • Thanks 4

@AboveTheChemist

I just updated through the mod installer and am getting a crash when launching now:

c:/Games/Homecoming/assets/mods/hc_vidiotmaps.pigg: Fileheader extends past end of .pigg, probably corrupt .pigg file!  #6

Your data might be corrupt, please run the patcher and try again.

I can launch if I uninstall the map, but re-installing causes the same error above.

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

Please refer to this post from Michiyo on the City Mod Installer thread. The pigg gave me no issues last night when I was testing, and the version I downloaded from the City Mod Installer website appears identical to the one I uploaded. You can also try manually installing either the pigg from the City Mod Installer website, or the pigg I linked from my Google drive in the top post.