Prismatic Aether Particles

Ukase

So, the focused feedback for this patch has closed, so I'll make my suggestion here. 

As many of you who read the patch notes are aware, when a "page" drops, it's pretty easy to miss a few details here and there, because there's a lot of information to process. 

So, I ran a Mortimer (weekly) on a level 40 character, and was unpleasantly surprised to see I didn't get 2 Prismatics at the completion of it. 
These do drop randomly for lower level characters, so I can't understand why it doesn't reward 2 PAPs, regardless of level. 

So, my suggestion is that it should. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with Ukase.  Aether is just for costumes; purely cosmetic.  It does not grant or lead to any additional power.  It is available as a random drop upon mission completion starting from level 1.  There is no good reason that it should have the same restrictions as incarnate rewards.  It seems crazy to me that it's OK for me to get one randomly at level one, but my level 50 that doesn't have alpha unlocked or my level 49 is unworthy to get them on the WSF.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Thanks 1

Or, maybe a whole new currency was not what we needed to begin with.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Oklahoman said:

Preaching to the choir. But, I do think it was fun for some folks to get insta-rich (for them) when they were able to sell one for over 100M the first time they came out. I wasn't one of those folks, mind you, but I did my part to subsidize some folks with my purchase of 143 of them. 

The shame of it is, it could have been a great influence sink if they were available from a merit vendor or p2w, but the inf is just transferred instead. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this new currency will be HC's way of introducing stuff that will not be p2w but attractive enough that you will want these.  It's likely to encourage the behavior to play the game and take part in a vast array of things.  Hopefully eventually we'll get to see other stuff added other than just badges and costume overlays.  

I don't disagree though that if you're able to obtain them randomly at sub-50 level then it seems like it should be rewarded on the WST as well no matter if you are 50 or not.  

I'm fine though with HC having its own currency to introduce highly requested stuff that isn't performance enhancing.  

1 hour ago, Mezmera said:

I don't disagree though that if you're able to obtain them randomly at sub-50 level then it seems like it should be rewarded on the WST as well no matter if you are 50 or not.  

Sub-50s running WSTs get a massive chunk of XP at the end; 50s only get a piece of mostly-deprecated incarnate salvage. I think the idea was to add incentive to run WSTs on 50s.

7 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Sub-50s running WSTs get a massive chunk of XP at the end; 50s only get a piece of mostly-deprecated incarnate salvage. I think the idea was to add incentive to run WSTs on 50s.

I wouldn't think that the case. Why would they corral only level 50's? Half of those level 50's got there in the farms, so it stands to reason they wanted the lowbies out of the farms, too. 

47 minutes ago, Vanden said:

That may have been the idea.  I just don't think it's a well thought out idea. 

1) Why do you (generic you, not Vanden) want to encourage only max level characters to play?

2) Incarnates still get the Aether.  Giving it to other levels does not disincentivize max levels to get the reward.  It just incentivizes everyone to play.

3) Has there ever been an issue or problem with level 50s NOT running the WSF?  It seems to me that about half of most WSF teams are level 50 already.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention that there seem to be a fair few people out there who prefer running those TF "at level"... and who have complained here several times that having exemped 50s joining their teams ruins the experience for them. Something about those 50s being "overpowered" by having a few extra powers and so making the at-levels feel useless...

So, yeah. Even if the devs want 50s on those lowbie teams, lowbie character's players may not. Which presents a bit of an issue.  

• Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

15 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Bite you tongue!  I ran my first (and probably only) 2-star-hard ITF, got like 7 of those things, and sold them for something like 175 million.  It's so much money I'm afraid to take it out of the auction house lest I lose some for trying to exceed the single character's holding capacity!  😃

• Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 8/27/2022 at 7:29 AM, Coyotedancer said:

Not to mention that there seem to be a fair few people out there who prefer running those TF "at level"... and who have complained here several times that having exemped 50s joining their teams ruins the experience for them. Something about those 50s being "overpowered" by having a few extra powers and so making the at-levels feel useless...

So, yeah. Even if the devs want 50s on those lowbie teams, lowbie character's players may not. Which presents a bit of an issue.  

It's not only the 2-3 extra powers, it is the power slots and set bonuses that changes the power level of higher level characters when exemplared down.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Hugs

I am by now at least Vet level 50 with all my alts, and did with 5 of them the Sister Valeria Arc, the completion of the arc does not grant prismatic salvage, it seems prismatic salvage drops by miracle as you defeat mobs.

I did the arc at -1/8 and if it moved, it died. I got the arc badge, but no prismatic salvage.

Not wasting my time with this awful arc, with a no map to use at the end of last mission...

Sue