Sins of the Devs are visited upon the players

The_Warpact

36 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

And I think folks would have a better time with Goldside if it weren't for the broken contact system where you can easily get locked out of content if you don't turn off XP gain.

Goldside would be a lot better of an experience if the level ranges for all the arcs were stretched out.  Goldside mobs are already more challenging than the red and blue mobs, so I don't think it would take much tweaking. 

• Like 7

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

5 hours ago, huang3721 said:

Interesting.

How long does it take from placing your bid to getting the items? If want to place a bid on that item on 10 separate occasions, what is the average waiting time?

I start building around level 20. How much a Lv 20 mob can provide me with inf*?

Your mileage may vary, but you can save a ton of inf by planning your build in Mids, and putting in bids early on recipes for enhancements you'll need when you hit level X.  I can count on one hand the number of enhancements I was still waiting for at 50 across a good couple hundred builds, using that approach.  The market will always get the best of you if you don't have a plan and the patience to see that plan through.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

10 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

The devs claimed when they started working on hardmode stuff that they weren't going to move the whole game toward City of Dark Souls.  Page 4 has made it clear they were lying.

A new TF brought to HM options doesn't mean the entire game is going City of Dark Souls. Also find a better comparison.

Aggro changes and Attack Type changes don't do it either, unless you absolutely refuse to make adjustments to playing at +4/x8.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 minute ago, Shadeknight said:

A new TF brought to HM options doesn't mean the entire game is going City of Dark Souls. Also find a better comparison.

Aggro changes and Attack Type changes don't do it either, unless you absolutely refuse to make adjustments to playing at +4/x8.

Would you prefer I called it Kingdom Hearts instead?  Because it's not like it's possible to go a week without someone howling about how it's so awful that people have access to (and dare to use) tools that make the game playable for people who don't have superhuman skills.

EDIT: And don't lie to me, those are both changes that objectively make the entire game harder, otherwise there wouldn't be any "adjustments" needed.

Edited by Black Zot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

27 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

Yup.  Have been for a long time now.  I don't log in much here anymore since most people I know moved on to other servers or just stopped playing because of poor design decisions that outweighed any of the good stuff.  Playing on those other servers gives you a pretty good perspective on the game though.  All of the servers are doing good things and bad things.  Last time I checked, it's still ok to come here and let the people know what we think they're doing right and what they're doing wrong, if that's ok with you of course? 

Just verifying your opinions are those of a non-player. Thanks.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

Would you prefer I called it Kingdom Hearts instead?  Because it's not like it's possible to go a week without someone howling about how it's so awful that people have access to (and dare to use) tools that make the game playable for people who don't have superhuman skills.

I don't have superhuman skills, but according to that one Predators movie by Shane Black I might have some and just refuse to acknowledge it.

Jokes aside:

I would prefer people to stop doomposting about how the game has become Significantly Harder only for it to turn out they've not adjusted to the Aggro Changes and refuse to adjust.

Your hand isn't going to be held forever by S/L/E softcapping, and it shouldn't be. Neither should the game remain the same just because some people think Change Is Bad.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

10 minutes ago, arcane said:

Just verifying your opinions are those of a non-player. Thanks.

Hey if they're not interested in hearing from people why they've left playing here for other servers or all together, that's their choice.  Are they looking to keep people here, bring some of those who left back to give the game another try or just let the population drop to the point where it's a ghost town? 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

The devs claimed when they started working on hardmode stuff that they weren't going to move the whole game toward City of Dark Souls.  Page 4 has made it clear they were lying.

To be fair, optional hard mode content is not exactly turning the game into City of Dark Souls.  There has to be new content added designed with fully kitted Incarnates in mind. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, ShardWarrior said:

To be fair, optional hard mode content is not exactly turning the game into City of Dark Souls.  There has to be new content added designed with fully kitted Incarnates in mind. 

Was there anything optional about the defense nerf?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

If that minor tweak makes this game City of Dark Souls to you, then this whole routine was always hyperbolic nonsense.

I specifically said "Pushes the game TOWARDS City of Dark Souls", Captain Misrepresentation.  And a change so significant many powersets needed buffs to compensate is hardly "minor".

8 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Which defense "nerf" are you talking about, to be clear?

The one that gutted basically every non-positional defense build.  The one they immediately had to buff a number of armor sets for to stop them getting eviscerated by enemies they used to be able to cope with.  The one whose cheerleaders constantly gaslight about it being a "minor change" despite those facts.

And before you bring up that "just adjust lol" canard, I HAVE adjusted.  I no longer play anything that can't stack significant positional defense, seeing as that's the only thing that still works properly.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

23 hours ago, Krimson said:

What about those of us who actually PLAY our 50s, so when we make a new 50, we already have enough INF to slot the new one, because we play our 50s?

I feel Sheeps long forgotten that people aren't children anymore.

I personally future-proof my account because I don't HAVE that kind of time to waste (yes, waste) a month or two grinding out every meek little IO to make my builds.  I can slap a build together in an hour or so on a new 50, because not too shortly after, I'll have another RL project to attend to. Luckily right now I have more time than usual, but it's not a guarantee, andI feel confident in saying that's the case for a lot of folks here.

• Like 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

22 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

So, which server IS the best server then?

If you don't have an answer to that (or if it winds up being HC anyway) then your point, as logical as it may be in general, falls flat on its face.

Thats obvious..the server that I am on.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

A single mob may provide enough inf to buy a Mako's bite recipe, but won't begin to cover the 490,000 inf crafting cost

hey, i think you may have missed the rest of the post before replying

the crafting cost, including all salvage required would be covered by defeating two more mobs 

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

My petless mastermind hasn't even noticed the aggro and attack type adjustments.  If you're finding the game harder despite having better and stronger characters, it's you, not the changes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

21 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

One of the things that I dislike, and this is something that I've seen going back 2 decades so I can't blame it on the Emp merit change, is that people will ignore the Beta/Test server changes being discussed on the forums and then come on the forums to explode and the changes the day they go live.

My reaction is almost always "You know, we've been discussing this for the last 6 weeks. If it was a problem then why didn't you say something then?" Because if more of those people posted on the forums while the change was still on the beta/test server it might actually have been reverted or at least improved. Once things go to the live server they're seldom reverted, seldom improved, and almost never removed, and that goes for pretty much every game I've ever played.

one issue here. the gms enforced the "focused feedback" they only wanted to know, does it work? there was no discussion on whether we wanted or needed the changes in the first place. there was zero discussion, transparency, or the promised dev diaries. So there is room for people to ask WTF?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Change is painful at times.  Not knowing what's coming, not knowing how or if we can adapt, it's unpleasant.  Routine is comfortable, and comforting.  Uncertainty is terrifying.

But change is also growth, and routine, that's just another word for stagnation.  Change is necessary.  It makes us sharper, forces us to develop new skills and refine existing ones, and drives us to be more than we were.  It helps us become better, not just as players, but as people.  And that makes it worthwhile, worth enduring, worth adapting.

I definitely agree that change is an opportunity for growth - in the real world. But in this pixeled multiverse? I am not sure I want to develop new skills, although I'm fine with refining existing ones. 

I was just having a chat on Discord about the reason I'm not a speed runner. (not the way the real speeders are) I move with the arrow keys. It's intuitive. Want to move backwards, use the arrow key that points backwards. Forwards? Move the key that points that way. It makes sense. 

A damned idiot must have thought W would make sense to go forward. West, maybe. But forward?

// Rhetorical question alert:

How does W suggest forward movement?

I'm sure it's because of the easier way to manipulate the character with the left hand while it's on the keyboard. I mean, I know that now. But I come from a world of Leisure Suit Larry. Everything was hunt and peck. There was never a need to be efficient or move quickly. Old habits die hard, especially if you've no interest in changing them. 

In life, I completely agree it should be viewed as a chess board, seeking to improve your position each moment, without ceding gains on the other part of your life's board. But, while many principals can carry from life into the game, I remember having more fun when I knew less. So, not sure I want to be dragged kicking and screaming into change. Not in game. 

In life, I can see the opportunities. But in game, there really is no payoff for that investment. It's just effort, with no gain. A reward merit? 10,000 reward merits? They're all but useless. I've already won that part of the game. What would I do with them? Costumes? Useless. My characters could be naked, and I wouldn't care - although I would certainly begin playing female avatars exclusively. 

I was on a mere 2 star itf last night. A casual run, as 6 of us had never done it. And all I could think of when Rommie roasted me was, "I hate to retoggle". It takes about 15 seconds. Just waiting for the little swirly circle to start so you can press the next one. Toggles are the worst thing in game, really. They should all be auto-on, like temperature protection. But, I'm sure they exist so end hungry players can turn them off. But I digress. Avoiding defeat for me is avoiding having to retoggle. It's why I spend so much time acquiring so much inf - so I could kind of sit there and be a little clumsy with my keyboarding and not get clobbered. And, if I've had adequate caffeine intake, I can actually play at a high level - once I get to the fight, lol. 

So, um, real world change, bring it on. In game change? That takes me some getting used to. You can keep it. I'd go back to issue three and be just fine. (that's when I started) 
Of course, I say that, and I know I'd hate not having those IO set bonuses, lol. 

21 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Toggles are the worst thing in game, really. They should all be auto-on, like temperature protection. But, I'm sure they exist so end hungry players can turn them off. But I digress. Avoiding defeat for me is avoiding having to retoggle. It's why I spend so much time acquiring so much inf - so I could kind of sit there and be a little clumsy with my keyboarding and not get clobbered. And, if I've had adequate caffeine intake, I can actually play at a high level - once I get to the fight, lol. 

Yeah this is what I hate most about defeat.  I'm glad they tinkered with offensive toggles staying toggled and suppressing since those Hostless would be real annoying constantly retoggling.  Playing as the tank if you take a couple wicked shots and get downed you must get back up fast, this is where godmodes and demonic come into big time usage.  Hit one of those as you rez so you can get back in the game and toggle the important ones back on at your leisure as you're fighting.  I get it though it's annoying, this is what pushes me to not die most.  

40 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Toggles are the worst thing in game, really. They should all be auto-on, like temperature protection. But, I'm sure they exist so end hungry players can turn them off.

They exist so critters have the tiniest chance to kick your ass.  Auto powers and clicks couldn't be suppressed, shut off or otherwise set to remove their effects when the game was created.  A toggle, being a short duration click which the game automatically clicks for you at pre-determined intervals, can have its effects removed.  You can be sapped and have your toggles shut off.  You can be mezzed and have your toggles shut off.  You can run out of endurance through your own actions and have your toggles shut off.  In a game with enemies so stupid that they can't walk up a ramp, some concessions have to be made to give them any semblance of equivalency to player characters.  Toggles are one of those concessions.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.