Sooner than Soon™© (codename i27p5,2nds)

Troo

Sooner than Soon™©℠® I guess. Issue 27 Page 5 is Live! ?? (guessing Tuesday)

[                                here's what my loading screen looks like                                ]

image.png.4b5007bfca1c86e7c1603dc1e59f6200.png

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/38375-staging-patch-notes-for-october-16th-2022-issue-27-second-chances-page-5/

My regular "Huge Announcement" is still a work in progress.. sniped!

Issue 27, Page 5 (Second Chances)

[            MASTERMIND PALOOZA - THE IRONY & THE LONG GOODBYE            ]

[                                                                                                                               ]

[                                                    Respec-O-Rama                                               ]

[                                      Torches, Pitchforks & You                                     ]

[                                        Get Ready to Get Ready                                       ]

[                            Why We Can't Have Nice Things                                       ]

[                                                      Trick or Treat                                        ]

[                                     All Saints' Day  All Hallows' Eve                              ]

[                                           Thanks for Playing                                           ]

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Perfect. Soon the anxiety I've been experiencing opening up my character screen and seeing how many toons I wanna respec will turn into sheer horror as I begin the process of respeccing every toon I want to respec.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

3 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Perfect. Soon the anxiety I've been experiencing opening up my character screen and seeing how many toons I wanna respec will turn into sheer horror as I begin the process of respeccing every toon I want to respec.

Anxiety and horror,  sounds like they nailed it for your Halloween.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I've been looking through my (rather small by comparison to some players) roster of lvl 50 characters to prioritize respecs. Aside from the Masterminds, the (quasi-planned) respecs seem to fall into two categories:

• Swapping out the T2 in the secondary for the T1 (there are fewer than I expected for my roster)
  • Delaying pool powers (typically X -> Tough -> Weave) to get the 22, 24, 26, 28, 30 flow of primary/secondary powers (and sometimes smooth out Epic pool choices)

I haven't looked at all the ATs yet, but I was surprised that it was my Dark/Rad Defender (Offender, really) that is likely to have the largest net reshuffle of powers, with 5 powers to be reshuffled by 22, and then all of them re-ordered after that point.

On my Blasters and Dominators, I find myself reluctant to delay Tough/Weave (from mid 20s to much later), yet I'll probably figure some way to make nukes available as early as possible. Some Doms will swap T1/T2. VEATs (after lvl 24 respec) already progressed very smoothly for me, I'm not sure I want to touch them... but all my VEATs have 3 builds, so I will play with the 3rd build.

I have one Stalker (keeping Hide, thanks!) that I think will exemplar much smoother with a reshuffle of powers between 22 and 32. It exemplars just fine now, but having the primary T9 at level 30 and the secondary T7 at 24 should be a big deal.

• Like 1

I am looking forward to it.  I do not have as many alts as I used to so I am not having anxiety -  mostly.  The first pass will be mostly about tweaking and fine tuning as opposed to shifting major alignments for earlier usability.  Most alts are not exemping down any more so its not a super problem.

- Mercs MM - The two upgrades and adding serum.  Fortunately I had some trash pool powers I could dump and realign slots.

- DP/Ninja Blaster - Secondary selection change allows me to dump tranq dart and be extra swordy.

- Fire/Fire Sentinel - Some tweaking relating to alterations to certain powers and an evaluation of Power of the Phoenix becoming a tool and not just a rez like that Dark one that stuns people . . . Noisy Death Stun . . . Howling Twilight.

Now later on, when the OCD wakes me up at 3 AM and I am unable to get back to sleep because I am thinking about 108 permutations of Kinetics on a DP Corruptor, then I will have an issue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

36 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

I do not have as many alts as I used

What happened to your alts?!

Did you 'eliminate' them?!

• Sad 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm really surprised to see them adding this update during the Halloween season event.

I'm glad though. It means all of my shiney new Sentinels will be able to solo all the new ToT EBs that so many seem to be having such trouble with.  🤪

I am going to miss Force Bubble though.  😭

• Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

35 minutes ago, Troo said:

What happened to your alts?!

Did you 'eliminate' them?!

Heheh.  I made several promises to myself of what I would and wouldn't do on Homecoming versus live and one of them was a billion alts I never carried through on.  I am not unhappy with the result.  Sometimes I play them and like them then move them to Everlasting because I might revisit them.  Others, yeah, eliminated with extreme prejudice after stripping everything form them.  Oh the manual merit transfer mails 😞

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

10 hours ago, Troo said:

Sooner than Soon™©℠® I guess. Issue 27 Page 5 is Live! ?? (guessing Tuesday)

[                                here's what my loading screen looks like                                ]

image.png.4b5007bfca1c86e7c1603dc1e59f6200.png

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/38375-staging-patch-notes-for-october-16th-2022-issue-27-second-chances-page-5/

My regular "Huge Announcement" is still a work in progress.. sniped!

Issue 27, Page 5 (Second Chances)

[            MASTERMIND PALOOZA - THE IRONY & THE LONG GOODBYE            ]

[                                                                                                                               ]

[                                                    Respec-O-Rama                                               ]

[                                      Torches, Pitchforks & You                                     ]

[                                        Get Ready to Get Ready                                       ]

[                            Why We Can't Have Nice Things                                       ]

[                                                      Trick or Treat                                        ]

[                                     All Saints' Day  All Hallows' Eve                              ]

[                                           Thanks for Playing                                           ]

Please.  These patch notes are obviously faked!  Look at the shadow on "Soon", the lighting is all wrong!  And if you zoom in on "Respec", you can see that there's no pixel bleed!

I know 'shopped patch notes when I see them, and I'm looking at one now.  What are you hiding, "@Troo"?!  Why are you afraid to let the truth be known?!

#FreeThePatchNotes

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

10 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I have been going thru my 110 chars and seeing how many are being mothballed with the possibility of being revisited, and how many are just being stripped and deleted.   And then the rest need respecs.  Heck, I have some that I still haven't gotten to change since the travel changes. 😛

The Power changes came first, then the rest. All of it is on Beta right now.

• More Aether rewards (t1-t4)
  • Sentinel Revamp
  • Mastermind reworks/buffs
  • Power changes (Fire, Battle Axe, etc)
  • Stealth change
  • Power Access Changes
  • Illusion Control for Dominators
  • Base Raids & Other PVP niceties
  • Holstered Rifles (Assault, Munitions, Merc Masterminds)
  • Stone Armor/Seismic Blast Proliferation to Sentinel

That's Page 5 for you.

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

2 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

The Power changes came first, then the rest. All of it is on Beta right now.

• More Aether rewards (t1-t4)
  • Sentinel Revamp
  • Mastermind reworks/buffs
  • Power changes (Fire, Battle Axe, etc)
  • Stealth change
  • Power Access Changes
  • Illusion Control for Dominators
  • Base Raids & Other PVP niceties
  • Holstered Rifles (Assault, Munitions, Merc Masterminds)
  • Stone Armor/Seismic Blast Proliferation to Sentinel

That's Page 5 for you.

ok, cool. That answered my question.😀

24 minutes ago, shatterpoint said:

Do respecs expire?

Nope. I just have around 30 toons that I play regularly. Out of the other 70, I'd surmise at least half of them will benefit greatly from the availability changes. Then there's all of my Axe toons that will need a hard look at after the revamp.

Don't have altitis, kids! Drugs are bad!

giphy.gif.d2e0946fee63b6c09c45cef19774c30d.gif

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Nope. I just have around 30 toons that I play regularly. Out of the other 70, I'd surmise at least half of them will benefit greatly from the availability changes. Then there's all of my Axe toons that will need a hard look at after the revamp.

I guess I don't get all the 'ball ache' of them handing out free respecs.

The characters won't be broken. 

Next question are the respecs mandatory when the character is logged in?

4 minutes ago, shatterpoint said:

Next question are the respecs mandatory when the character is logged in?

Absolutely not. It's more of a time investment than anything.

If you can't tell. I'm joke complaining. The changes are badass.

I have the alts under control.  I swear.

Granted I have like a lot of Dual Pistols characters . . . three DP Blasters (MC, Time and Ninja), a DP/Kin Corr, a Time/DP Defender . . . crap I don't have a DP Sentinel . . . and Sentinels are getting love . . . So I could make a DP Sentinel and it would be for testing . . . yeah that's it.

Looks at watch to see how much longer before leave work . . . excellent.