Incandescent

Lockpick

Sorry but I don't like Incandescent.  I don't mind change but moving Castle seems like change just to change.

That's why if I train in PI (which isnt often) I greet with:

"Hi Not Castle."

Then depart with:

"Bye Not Castle.  Bring Back Castle."

Admittedly, this one time a nearby player let me know that Castle had jumped the shark when he got amnesia and they did the whole loc-sat (sp) conspiracy thing.  The fact that I got his reference made me have to stop and take stock of my life for a little bit 🙂

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

Because the irony of making Castle be the trainer for PVP-only characters in Recluse's Victory was just too good to pass up.

I have newfound respect for our dev overlords.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, huang3721 said:

I googled "Castle CoH PVP" and I found this:

https://www.engadget.com/2008-10-14-city-of-heroes-pvp-changes-explained-at-length.html

Based on the emojis and the word "irony", I presume the player base didn't receive the changes very well.

That would be a bit of an understatement.  Castle ignored just about all feedback, insisted he was right, rammed the PvP changes through, and decimated the CoH PvP community as a result.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Astralock said:

That would be a bit of an understatement.  Castle ignored just about all feedback, insisted he was right, rammed the PvP changes through, and decimated the CoH PvP community as a result.

Yeah, I remember all of that.

Too many years of dealing with the public in my profession has resulted in my inability to feel sympathy for anyone. But by the time that was over even I felt a little bit of sympathy for the PvPers.

• Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

You're a stormtrooper?

Impossible. I'm a Marksman.

• Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 10/19/2022 at 1:40 AM, Snarky said:

The truth is Castle has been drinking a lot lately.  Please give him the space he needs

I built a moat just for him 🙂

• Like 1

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

On 10/19/2022 at 11:38 PM, huang3721 said:

I googled "Castle CoH PVP" and I found this:

https://www.engadget.com/2008-10-14-city-of-heroes-pvp-changes-explained-at-length.html

Based on the emojis and the word "irony", I presume the player base didn't receive the changes very well.

No our pvp community didn't receive the changes well. The intent was to make it so more people tried pvp out, but that didn't work out it just forced us to roll more alts, and adapt to the meta. I think it actually ended up being a greater roadblock for nonpvpers to trying pvp out.