Who would have thunk it

MoonSheep

Have been working on my merit haul on my main for the last few years to become Scrooge McDuck's right hand man

Turns out the amount of merits you can hold on one alt is capped at a lowly 10,000.

Anyone else with reverse altitis incapable of playing multiple characters? I'm on the verge of finally making my third alt..

image.png.d06727fec1d83c1f2b4b7188550c3a0a.png

• Like 2

What kind of trash stash is this?!  There's no Winter packs.  Where's your stacks of Hero Merits?  

Scrooge McDuck would go to take a dive into your "treasure" and would break his neck in that kiddie pool of a stash you have there.  :classic_tongue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

32 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

What kind of trash stash is this?!  There's no Winter packs.  Where's your stacks of Hero Merits?  

Scrooge McDuck would go to take a dive into your "treasure" and would break his neck in that kiddie pool of a stash you have there.  :classic_tongue:

at least he has a stash 😢

3 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

i think of a great new alt to play, make a well thought out build in mids.. then convince myself it would be a disappointing endeavour haha

I don't think I can make a well thought out build in mids without having played the set. There are some things about the way a set plays that aren't communicated in MIDs.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

i think of a great new alt to play, make a well thought out build in mids.. then convince myself it would be a disappointing endeavour haha

You could always try them in Brainstorm to see if you wanna commit to a toon on live before you just trash it. Mids has an option to let you port a build into Brainstorm via popmenu. It's here: 

export.png.ba276be1567c11fd6923e1f2e0cd4cb9.png

That way your second guessing can be turned into helpful learning experiences.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Reverse-altitis player here.

Did you know that Hero Merits also cap at 10,000 if you decide to convert 500,000 Reward Merits to them?  And I would assume Villain Merits too, but I'm still working on that one.

image.png.6b0f4c4f2668dd09969611958d042bce.png

I'll consider rolling a second character when I have 10,000 of every salvage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

12 minutes ago, Veracor said:

Did you know that Hero Merits also cap at 10,000 if you decide to convert 500,000 Reward Merits to them?  And I would assume Villain Merits too, but I'm still working on that one.

I don't know whether to be impressed or terrified by this ...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Veracor said:

i love that! my hero

53 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

You could always try them in Brainstorm to see if you wanna commit to a toon on live before you just trash it. Mids has an option to let you port a build into Brainstorm via popmenu. It's here: 

for sure, i do roll things on brainstorm to try them out but never seem to find things that are particularly enticing

the mind/fire/ice dom has everything i want from an offensive alt, the kin/sonic defender is a fun support when i don’t want combat

have been tempted by a team tank, though the role is not as required thesedays 

12 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

Have been working on my merit haul on my main for the last few years to become Scrooge McDuck's right hand man

Turns out the amount of merits you can hold on one alt is capped at a lowly 10,000.

Anyone else with reverse altitis incapable of playing multiple characters? I'm on the verge of finally making my third alt..

image.png.d06727fec1d83c1f2b4b7188550c3a0a.png

honoured to have been in the team with you when you hit this landmark. Now, let’s get you in a farm (your fav) to hit the MAT limit…

• Haha 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

4 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

This is a thing? Holy shit! Thank you!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Veracor said:

I'm not sure if I could muster that much salvage if I pooled all 100 50s I have.   On second thought, not even close. 😄

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 1:05 AM, Veracor said:

See @MoonSheep now THAT'S a stash.  Mr. McDuck will need to put on a deep diving pressure suit to take a dip in this treasure.  

On 10/20/2022 at 8:05 AM, Veracor said:

Now that's a main.

First time I recall needing a "wow" emjoi reaction on these forums.  'Cause...wow.

How many vet levels does that toon have?

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 1

Seems to me that stumbling over the fact you've capped treausre X means YOU'VE BEEN LOSING OUT ON REWARDS BECAUSE YOU CAPPED AND DIDN'T KNOW IT!

I yell say this as a player who's frequently poor and scrounging across alts for another few million, I never let my reserves build up that high.  😃

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 10/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, Veracor said:

You'e seen Veracor, get ready for Veramore

* ba dum tshh. Seinfeld noises. * 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 10/19/2022 at 1:22 PM, MoonSheep said:

Turns out the amount of merits you can hold on one alt is capped at a lowly 10,000

I think you left off a number of zeros... I believe the reward merit maximum is 1,017,500 for a single character.

Congrats on the third alt. Whatcha gonna choose?!

Edited by Troo
  • Confused 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 minutes ago, Troo said:

I think you left off a number of zeros... I believe the reward merit maximum is 1,017,500 for a single character.

Congrats on the third alt. Whatcha gonna choose?!

i heard it was 10k a looooong time ago.  does anyone have more than that.  my highest is 9k+

6 minutes ago, Snarky said:

i heard it was 10k a looooong time ago.  does anyone have more than that.  my highest is 9k+

150 emails with a Villain or Hero Merit = 7.500

10,000 Villain Merits = 500,000

10,000 Hero Merits = 500,000

10,000 Reward Merits

there could also be unrealized RMs in other loot or unclaimed.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

31 minutes ago, Troo said:

150 emails with a Villain or Hero Merit = 7.500

10,000 Villain Merits = 500,000

10,000 Hero Merits = 500,000

10,000 Reward Merits

there could also be unrealized RMs in other loot or unclaimed.

Right, but 10,000 actual reward merits before tricks.  Cool

• Thumbs Up 1