Infiltration

Snarky

There is no Invisibility any more for that power pool. There is only a janky new Travel Power that could be mostly replaced by stuff that doesn't require a power pick.

N3RF softcaps!!

On 4/20/2021 at 6:30 AM, Jimmy said:

Infiltration.png.b5c57bbeaf9ea728fcbbc5b151e63f44.png Infiltration

• Replaces Invisibility as Concealment's T3 power
    • If you previously had Invisibility, you will now have Infiltration
  • Grants a run and jump bonus similar to Ninja Run
  • Grants out-of-combat stealth
    • 36ft in PvE, 389ft in PvP (the same values as Stealth before this patch)
  • Grants 1.75% out of combat defense

seriously though, it is trooly epic to take in just how many changes have happened in i27.

Edited by Troo
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Put a Celerity in there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

So accepting that this question is very subjective (opinions are fine), what is the best stealth at this point?

I used (when dinosaurs etc.) to take regular (now non-existent) Stealth on many of my toons, and Super Speed on a good number.  SS seemed to work very well for me and my non-leet play skills.  I solo a lot.

Should I look at Infiltration now, or keep on keepin on?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, momentarygrace said:

So accepting that this question is very subjective (opinions are fine), what is the best stealth at this point?

Superior Invisibility.

In the Concealment pool, Stealth provides the highest stealth, 55', enough to render you completely invisible to anything that doesn't have increased Perception or ignore Stealth.  As different stealth powers don't stack stealth any longer, but +Stealth enhancements do stack with different stealth powers, you can still operate with Super Speed or Infiltration and a +Stealth enhancement, and that will give you a higher stealth radius, but Concealment's Stealth is, by itself, sufficient for just about everything.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

THe ask about Infiltration is real.  It is in my main build and I am like?  What good is it?  I have hover, fly, and stealth on all the time (Blaster) I needed a mule to get the Concealment Pool Phase Shift. (I really like PS) But except for muling a LOTG I cannot figure a single use for infiltration.  About as much use as Brawl.

I main an SR scrapper.  I 2 slot it with winters gift, and with sprint on it puts me at the old speed cap of 92.5 mph, and the old jump speed cap of 78 mph.  When added to the stealth io i keep in sprint, im virtually invisible to most mobs.  I cannot stress how awesome this power is for movement and stealth purposes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Aracknight said:

I feel the need to apologize.  I didn't read Snarky's question properly.  I defended the power i like by answering the question "What good is it?" instead of answering Snarky's actual question "What good is it in my specific build?"

Sorry all.

No, I actually expect that (and want it)  I need more info.  Sometimes I play melee.  In this build the info is not helpful, but on a lightly armored melee hitter?  golden.  so thx

55 minutes ago, Snarky said:

No, I actually expect that (and want it)  I need more info.  Sometimes I play melee.  In this build the info is not helpful, but on a lightly armored melee hitter?  golden.  so thx

It's just a second tier travel power which can be used as a mule or for some stealth.

If someone loves Ninja Run and wished it was enhance-able this is the power for them. <-- best use case? maybe.

@KaizenSoze sorry about the glib nerf softcaps, that's what some of the travel/pool changes did for to me

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Actually I ate a linguist.  Just to shut them up.

How cunning...

• Haha 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

THe ask about Infiltration is real.  It is in my main build and I am like?  What good is it?  I have hover, fly, and stealth on all the time (Blaster) I needed a mule to get the Concealment Pool Phase Shift. (I really like PS) But except for muling a LOTG I cannot figure a single use for infiltration.  About as much use as Brawl.

I think I stole that build of yours and I too kept looking at it on my copy-blaster going "WTF?" 

OK, so "it's a Ninja Run that I can use a power choice on" is fine I guess if you like that sort of thing, although I feel (again "personally" I guess) that the joy of Ninja Run is a I don't HAVE to use a power choice for it, nor throw slots on it to make it useful, but...  *shrug*

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

If, like me, you hate superspeed but you want to have a natural-origin character whose travel power has at least a level of plausible deniability as 'natural', Infiltration is great.  I have it on my DP/MC blaster, and it's both perfect for the concept and with a couple of Blessing of the Zephyr slotted has more than adequate travel speed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

If, like me, you hate superspeed but you want to have a natural-origin character whose travel power has at least a level of plausible deniability as 'natural', Infiltration is great.  I have it on my DP/MC blaster, and it's both perfect for the concept and with a couple of Blessing of the Zephyr slotted has more than adequate travel speed.

I wish we could visit Null the Gull and turn off the stealth part. Or at least the visual aspect of it. Same for all powers that hide, obfuscate, or render transparent the glorious glory of my gloriously glorified creations. Not just for me, but for the sake of all the other players out there who are missing out!

image.png.457d962016e487b5c54306043e43bb00.png

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 4