Anything that can be transferred should be accessible by all characters

plainguy

My suggestion is simply if you can transfer it, then should be seen account wide. 

So if you have a rare Prophecy Invention Salvage on one of your 50 or 100 or 200 character, it can be seen and used by all.

My simple thought process around this is basically if I can go through all my characters to find this piece of salvage why do I have to go through all of this process to get this piece of salvage? 

Why do I have to jump around on X amount of characters trading and bouncing around invention sets and salvage and money for HOURS to build out a character at the end for a final build.  

Even if your that kind of player that has this down to a science, organizing everything you have, this has no downfall for you. 
My simple statement is that this causes no damage to a player or account. 

I am just using the above as an example but should be everything, Money, Salvage, merits, recipes, ETC.

I know the usual suspects will come here having some crazy complaint about this. I just don't see how this hurts anyone. All it does is streamline character building.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

If you can email an item to yourself, there should be a way to basically automate it, wherein you place an item into this shared account email, then simply withdraw it from another of your characters, (without having to specifically create then send said email).

1 hour ago, biostem said:

If you can email an item to yourself, there should be a way to basically automate it, wherein you place an item into this shared account email, then simply withdraw it from another of your characters, (without having to specifically create then send said email).

Single person bases currently serve that role for salvage, enhancements, and inspirations. What if inf' and merits were added to the storage options?

4 hours ago, plainguy said:

My simple thought process around this is basically if I can go through all my characters to find this piece of salvage why do I have to go through all of this process to get this piece of salvage? 

You don't.

Use the Auction House to buy it.

Even if your that kind of player that has this down to a science, organizing everything you have, this has no downfall for you. 

Incorrect, in the first sentence.

I would much rather the DEVs to other things than spend the massive amount of time on this that it would take to provide what you are asking for.

The damage is moving the DEVs time to do this than having them do things that they want to do to improve the a game.

I know the usual suspects will come here having some crazy complaint about this.

Insulting other players is no way to get people to agree with you.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

My suggestion is simply if you can transfer it, then should be seen account wide. 

So if you have a rare Prophecy Invention Salvage on one of your 50 or 100 or 200 character, it can be seen and used by all.

Why do I have to jump around on X amount of characters trading and bouncing around invention sets and salvage and money for HOURS to build out a character at the end for a final build.  

I am just using the above as an example but should be everything, Money, Salvage, merits, recipes, ETC.

I know the usual suspects will come here having some crazy complaint about this. I just don't see how this hurts anyone. All it does is streamline character building.  

Or you can use the tools already available in game such us

- Base storage

- Mail

- /ah

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Rudra said:

Single person bases currently serve that role for salvage, enhancements, and inspirations. What if inf' and merits were added to the storage options?

Subject to the 18-object limit for base storage items.

As an alternative, if the interface for the vault storage at the vault locations (i.e., not the one you can put in your base, or the one you access from the 'vault storage' tag on your Salvage window) were altered to have a dropdown for character name and allow you to access the vault storage for that character... It gives you access to all your alts' 'personal' storage and gives the vault locations a reason to be kept around besides having the PAP perm-costume vendor there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

*sigh* Oh look, the "but the dev time!" argument. The devs are big boys and girls, they can decide for themselves what they want to spend time on.  And do. If you don't like it, just say "I don't like it" and don't hide behind "Dev time! Dev time!"

That said, I don't even want to think about what this would do and/or break. *Anything* transferable? Inspirations are. I have 100+ characters. Will my shiny new level 1 have access to probably thousands on thousands of inspirations? How, and how am I going to sort that? Billions of INF? Each character can carry 70 enhancements. Am I going to scroll through over 7000 each time I level up and have to place slots?

Even if the idea is something like "well, I can tab through my other characters," for some of us that'd *still* end up with a lot of tabs.

I think the closest we'd see to something like this is a sort of "account vault" you can throw things in. It'd be more limited in how much it would hold, granted, but it'd exist independently of having an SG, storage, permissions, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

24 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I think the closest we'd see to something like this is a sort of "account vault" you can throw things in. It'd be more limited in how much it would hold, granted, but it'd exist independently of having an SG, storage, permissions, etc.

This would be an interesting idea to revamp Vault Reserve.  Of course just because I don't find it useful in the era of free (no prestige costs) bases and the like does not mean that no one finds it useful.

So, pending the notion that it wouldn't step on lots of toes, an Account-Wide Vault that repurposes the location might be interesting.

Standard Code Rant applies here in a big way - character/account stuff is extra wacky from what I understand.

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Standard Code Rant applies here in a big way - character/account stuff is extra wacky from what I understand.

That's why I suggested having to select the character from a dropdown; making vault storage account-wide has a ton of problems associated with it, not the least of which is how many slots it should have. Making it a separate code block specific to the Vault Reserve isolates it from the base or salvage-window access.

I suspect the code that prevents a bunch of account tied stuff like names would probably make this a coding hell.  (See thread on name expiration for a tech detail from devs)

Not that this wouldn't be helpful, but devs would probably need a higher liquor budget

• Thumbs Up 1

This is actually a pretty good hot topic. 

If you make it so that the character you're playing on's salvage inventory via getting drops/loot does not increase, while theoretically having access to craft IO's from your other characters inventory's for the strict purpose of crafting, I could definitely see how this only has upsides. 

I'm unsure of if I support allowing incarnate salvage into this equation, but for inventory salvage that's non-incarnate I definitely think this kind of suggestion could help improve the crafting experience and avoid needless influence sinking. 

+1 for me if I understand the idea properly.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, srmalloy said:

Subject to the 18-object limit for base storage items.

Per base

You can have all the bases you want up to one per character on your account.

I would suggest having at least one more character than bases so that they can move from sg to sg to transport whatever you need to transport from sg base to sg base.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The only way I would not vehemently oppose this if they made it so that you could add certain items to the Character Items menu and then be able to pull them off the menu on any character linked to your account.  Character Items is already kind of an exploit, but you don't really notice how exploitable it is until you open a bunch of packs.

But it's kind of a moot point, since I highly doubt something like this would ever be implemented.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

On 11/2/2022 at 4:13 AM, UltraAlt said:

You don't.

Use the Auction House to buy it.

Incorrect, in the first sentence.

I would much rather the DEVs to other things than spend the massive amount of time on this that it would take to provide what you are asking for.

The damage is moving the DEVs time to do this than having them do things that they want to do to improve the a game.

Insulting other players is no way to get people to agree with you.

Why would I buy if I have it on another character ?

Not everyone is a auction house billionaire. 
Not everyone wants to play city of auction house. 

I have ZERO power to make the Devs do ANYTHING..

I just put up the suggestions. 
Though they did use my suggestion to be able to slot your level 2 at level one.. 
They did use my suggestion about Soul Extraction. 

Not insulting, just stating facts.. Your post is a prime example of it.  Some how in your head you feel if if someone post a suggestion that the Devs are inclined to take action. 
So if everyone told the Devs to remove Masterminds, you think they would listen or agree or feel inclined to do so? By your comment it clearly appears so.. 

But your welcome for the slotting level 2 powers at level one and the Soul Extraction. 

On 11/3/2022 at 10:01 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

The only way I would not vehemently oppose this if they made it so that you could add certain items to the Character Items menu and then be able to pull them off the menu on any character linked to your account.  Character Items is already kind of an exploit, but you don't really notice how exploitable it is until you open a bunch of packs.

But it's kind of a moot point, since I highly doubt something like this would ever be implemented.

I can't afford packs so I have no clue what you are describing. 

I am just saying if you can email it  then it should just be listed and available when you open up your salvage or Recipe. 
Money should just be one large bank. UNLESS I understand that for some players they have several toons money capped and whatnot. 
I am talking about the majority of players not the minority.. Unless everyone is super rich here and I am the only one who isn't.. 

On 11/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, Krimson said:

Sure, I'd love to be able to take all my Incarnate Threads and just... make all my Tier 3 50s fully Incarnate right now. Would that be fair to players who don't have tens of thousands of threads? Probably not. But I would like it. 

You can't transfer threads, so would be out of scope.

On 11/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, UltraAlt said:

Per base

You can have all the bases you want up to one per character on your account.

I would suggest having at least one more character than bases so that they can move from sg to sg to transport whatever you need to transport from sg base to sg base.

But you can't have multiple characters in different Super groups. You are still stuck at looking through various SG bases and then emailing these items. 

The whole point was not to have a work around it was to a consolidation.  A giant bucket with all your stuff in it.. 
Basically when you look at salvage it should say you have 1000 Nevermelting ice on your entire account.  You have 40 Exploit Weakness: Dam/End across all your accounts.  You have 200  Empyrean Merits. You have 57 Back Alley Brawler Halloween Gloves,  You have 600 Reward Merits, ETC

I would then suggest a new device or item in a SG base that would facilitate this sort of thing. 
Or increase the email system quantity. So instead of 1 you can send 100 for example. Similar to what you do with influence. 

On 11/2/2022 at 11:10 AM, InvaderStych said:

This would be an interesting idea to revamp Vault Reserve.  Of course just because I don't find it useful in the era of free (no prestige costs) bases and the like does not mean that no one finds it useful.

So, pending the notion that it wouldn't step on lots of toes, an Account-Wide Vault that repurposes the location might be interesting.

Very fair and reasonable comments..