After the forum upgrade where is the calendar that shows weekly strike forces?

KaizenSoze

The upgrade/update appears to have whacked several areas, likely unintentionally. I didn't see a mention from @Cipher of any intended changes other than addressing the spam.

I don't know that the reputation, calendar or others changes were desired.

• Thumbs Down 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

19 minutes ago, Luminara said:

This?  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/events/2023/2/

Browse -> Events -> click Monthly (second icon) on the right upper side, just under the Search box.

Yes, that it. Just one more click. I thought it was already in month view. So, I didn't look for a monthly button.

• City Council

Hey all,

There's a few bugs related to the Calendar system in the latest update to our forum software. Unfortunately, without making direct modifications to the IPS source, we'll have to wait for Invision to address them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

eh, I can't be bothered to go to the forums to look this up.  I have an Excel spreadsheet for CoH and, on one tab, I set up a list of all the weeklies with their contacts, locations, and space for notes.  And I set up a formula to check the current date and highlight which week is current.  I just have to update the date at the top of the list once every 13 weeks.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Actually, @Cipher, there's an easy fix. Right now, the shortened URL thing of  https://cohhc.gg/wst (and the link in GM Conviction's pinned WST thread, which claims to go there, but doesn't actually go through the link shortener) is pointed at https://forums.homecomingservers.com/events/27-weekly-strike-targets/, which just displays the full calendar. If you re-point it all at https://forums.homecomingservers.com/events/27-weekly-strike-targets/?view=month, you get exactly the WST-only view that used to be there.

The event stream view thing that's also linked in that post, doesn't seem to have a fix right now. But at least the basic calendar view can be restored pretty quickly, by editing that one post and fixing where the shortened URL points:

image.thumb.png.8b707f9c89fb173e6abca28cdbde0db7.png

Of course, this might all then need reverting after any possible fixes by Invision, but at least it lets folks find the WST easily, again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

On 2/6/2023 at 4:23 AM, Cipher said:

Hey all,

There's a few bugs related to the Calendar system in the latest update to our forum software. Unfortunately, without making direct modifications to the IPS source, we'll have to wait for Invision to address them.

Misread that as "... we'll have to wait for an Invasion to address them" and had a good laugh.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 1 year later

The long links in BillMailman's post don't work for me as posted. Same error screen.

Trying to go all the way back and navigating through Events... 
Um...
Yeah, no. Can't find that. I know that my search-fu isn't great, but I can't find any relevant Events or Events items in forum navigation or any variant of Search within 5 minutes.

Looking forward to an update or fix.

15 hours ago, Xenon62 said:

This shows only the period from December 2023 to March 2024.

I hadn't noticed. I find that if I knew what they were last week, determining this week's is simple. 

Feel free to copy it into your own spreadsheet and expand the dates and share with the rest of us. 

On 7/29/2024 at 6:08 PM, Xenon62 said:

This shows only the period from December 2023 to March 2024.

It says, in red letters at the top, "Click the drop down in cell A4 to pick the start date for the cycle."  The new start date would be 7 days after the date of the last week in the spreadsheet.  I think you need to download it to edit it, or change a setting.  I dunno.  I have a more succinct version that I created which fits everything on a single page.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.