Page 6 beta is up.

Luminara

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

Let me guess.... They are reducing AE experience, lowering Brute's damage cap and nerfing Regen?

Yes but also there are two new story arcs, a new powerset, changes to how redraw works and a bunch of other stuff. 

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

The new arcs look really solid. I’m very excited to run them through on live. The HC added ones are - generally - better than the live arcs I think.

• Thumbs Up 3

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

New content requires Rogue/Vig alignment. It will probably be very good, but it feels like the game could use some revamps or fresh takes on straight blue arcs, since that’s where an enormous number of players are. Still, new content is a good thing. 

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Looks like a good haul.  The previous posters undersold how much the "much much More" really was.

I'm happy to see the redraw thing getting fixed.  I found it really annoying on my Arachnos Spider who's whole thing is teleport around and be quick with his fast animating attacks.  The constant redraw was throwing off my flavor.  This change may rocket that toon up to the top of my play list.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

Let me guess.... They are reducing AE experience, lowering Brute's damage cap and nerfing Regen?

Good news though, the Regen nerf now actively drains life from you, the actual user, as you play it, slowly shredding your very soul through your router.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

1 hour ago, cranebump said:

New content requires Rogue/Vig alignment. 

only for the lead IIRC. I’ve been doing the Shauna arcs in IP on my vigil and plenty of straight nerds heroes have joined the runs fine. If 1/8 players has an alt with a grey alignment then be fine.

You’re not wrong about pure blue content needing a refresh. I’ve been doing arc-only level ups and the difference between late-live/HC arcs and old-live is night and day.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

50 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

only for the lead IIRC.

That is correct. And I’m not sure why. It isn’t like you have to earn your way to vig/rogue status, so why not just let anyone start it, since all we’re doing is making people run to Null in Pocket D?

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

1 hour ago, cranebump said:

why not just let anyone start it, since all we’re doing is making people run to Null in Pocket D?

Variety.  They're set to vigilante/rogue so players who play as vigilantes/rogues have something to do that isn't hero/villain.  Without vigilante/rogue content, those alignments are nothing but words, no more applicable or meaningful in the context of the game than sausage, or peppermill, or basket.

And if you remove the content that makes vigilante/rogue meaningful, you're one very short step away from doing the same thing to Praetorian and villain content.  After all, why not just let anyone do those, since all you're doing is making people run to Null or use Ouroboros?

Variety matters, especially in an aged MMORPG with a player base comprised of primarily die-hard fans who've played everything a thousand times.  The greater the variety of ways we can replay the game, the longer we stick with it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Xiddo said:

Plot?

I suppose so, for soloing purposes, anyway.

Edited by cranebump

45 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Variety.  They're set to vigilante/rogue so players who play as vigilantes/rogues have something to do that isn't hero/villain.  Without vigilante/rogue content, those alignments are nothing but words, no more applicable or meaningful in the context of the game than sausage, or peppermill, or basket.

And if you remove the content that makes vigilante/rogue meaningful, you're one very short step away from doing the same thing to Praetorian and villain content.  After all, why not just let anyone do those, since all you're doing is making people run to Null or use Ouroboros?

Variety matters, especially in an aged MMORPG with a player base comprised of primarily die-hard fans who've played everything a thousand times.  The greater the variety of ways we can replay the game, the longer we stick with it.

I understand your point. However, outside alignment tips and morality missions, there is no meaningful vig/rogue content in the game as it is. If this is a push to place more of that kind of content into the game, then I'd like to see it eventually go a step further, and be part of the character's arc. This would require setting alternate alignments from the get-go, then playing through stuff that pertains to the ethos. Not gonna happen, I know. So Rogue/Vig ethos remains, for most players, a status that allows some flexibility to hop back and forth. For others, they might really see their toons as vigs and rogues. I feel like those players are in the minority, though. Maybe that'll change as more content of this type comes online. On the whole, though, I'd guess that it's good to have the choice-and a less laborious one, at that - to just go vig from the outset. I've taken only a few chars myself through the morality tales, so it's not like I can be all preachy about how things oughta be.

On this part of your reply, I agree. That said, we do have folks who seem to be content running the same leveling/TF path for their characters, with little concern for new content. Just an impression. I could be wrong. People soloing don't advertise what they're up to, after all.

Edited by cranebump