Page 6 beta is up.

Luminara

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

Shut it down, folks!  We have fixed everything that ever needed fixing!

• /e drink: Females should no longer slide their legs across the ground when sipping.

Emily Post approves.  No one should slide their legs like an animal!

Who run Bartertown?

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

sausage, or peppermill, or basket.

Wait, we have Sontarans, Daleks, and Fendahl in this game? Where?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

5 hours ago, cranebump said:

I understand your point. However, outside alignment tips and morality missions, there is no meaningful vig/rogue content in the game as it is. If this is a push to place more of that kind of content into the game, then I'd like to see it eventually go a step further, and be part of the character's arc. This would require setting alternate alignments from the get-go, then playing through stuff that pertains to the ethos. Not gonna happen, I know. So Rogue/Vig ethos remains, for most players, a status that allows some flexibility to hop back and forth. For others, they might really see their toons as vigs and rogues. I feel like those players are in the minority, though. Maybe that'll change as more content of this type comes online. On the whole, though, I'd guess that it's good to have the choice-and a less laborious one, at that - to just go vig from the outset. I've taken only a few chars myself through the morality tales, so it's not like I can be all preachy about how things oughta be.

On this part of your reply, I agree. That said, we do have folks who seem to be content running the same leveling/TF path for their characters, with little concern for new content. Just an impression. I could be wrong. People soloing don't advertise what they're up to, after all.

Null gets lonely. This will force people to visit him. 🤷

2 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Null gets lonely. This will force people to visit him. 🤷

Now why didn't I consider Null's feelings?

I am such a bastard...:-)

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Wow.

Talk about your attention to detail:

Fixed "Katana > Custom Weapon > Rularuu Blade" left eyeball not animating in combat stance.

Now THAT's dedication!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Aside from a new power set (I've also been waiting for a set like this for a specific character concept), the ones that directly appeal to me (at this moment):

Croatoa zone changes to help with the GMs and Events. I still encounter players that simply don't believe the entire spawns need to be cleared (even in Kings Row), so at least being able to spot the level-less mobs with /optionset showvillainname 1  should make it easier to convince open-minded players how these events actually work.

The minor tweaks to Water Blast. I really like this set as it is, but there is some real clunkiness to Tidal Force accumulation/use, and Water Jet was always dropped from my builds at level 50+. The beta changes are not by any means over-powered, but I do see how these will help smooth out the experience of the Tidal Forces gimmick for ATs that choose this set. I appreciate that TPTB can look at a 'gimmick set' and see something that clearly isn't working (in a 'the juice is not worth the squeeze' kind of way).

Weapon Redraws will probably improve QoL, but it has been a while since I've done a lot of playing with weapon sets,

On 4/6/2023 at 3:05 AM, Songseven said:

tenor.gif.fc59c7119d99c85a964a21ac55c32b7a.gif

Zoolander GIF - Zoolander GIFs

• Haha 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

8 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Also, can someone point me to the section of the new material that has my idea of players using AE to add missions to the actual game and CoX canon? 🙂

You do realize that two different developers have already told you that that is a no go for technical reasons, right?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Astralock said:

You do realize that two different developers have already told you that that is a no go for technical reasons, right?

Actually, they said it is possible but would be a lot of front end work. So there's that. 

Also, I do appreciate everything the HC team does. I really do. But I will say adding new powers and the odd mission really isn't what I would like to see. So, I am providing my input and feedback.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

I am the disappoint

Nothing for the melee.

NEED a Super Strength Scrapper

Maybe Super Human Strength - something that looks between Street Justice and Super Strength? Combo rage and lunges so it's more like a vampire, werewolf strength?

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

2 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Also, can someone point me to the section of the new material that has my idea of players using AE to add missions to the actual game and CoX canon?

Nothing new has been said about it. It's either something that requires more work or was not on the table for Page 6.

2 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

So no new costume pieces? Like under arm wings etc? 

New costume pieces require modellers, something the dev team lacks outside of 1 person who also handles a whole host of other things for the server (i.e base items)

23 hours ago, MrAxe said:

When do we get Psionic Aura for Tanks?

Whenever the dev team designs it. Which could be never!

18 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

NEED a Super Strength Scrapper

Porting Super Strength to Scrappers probably is something heard but not done yet for any number of reasons.

Melee got plenty of love in past pages and probably got some still coming. They release what's ready and not much else.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

15 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Porting Super Strength to Scrappers probably is something heard but not done yet for any number of reasons.

Melee got plenty of love in past pages and probably got some still coming. They release what's ready and not much else.

If it ain't broke on tanks and brutes, then it won't be broke on scrappers. Melee modifiers are beautifully balanced that way.

• Thumbs Up 4

58 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

If it ain't broke on tanks and brutes, then it won't be broke on scrappers. Melee modifiers are beautifully balanced that way.

Which is why tanks should have Energy Aura and Ninjitsu by now!

• Thumbs Up 8

What this team needs is more Defenders

I know people are very interested in the new blasts/ powers but please go and check out the new arcs. I've just properly run through the 40-44 one and it is great. For me, it is the kind of arc the alignment system was made for. Really great use of it. New content is something many of us have asked for, lets show the dev team that it is appreciated!

Will be testing the other one on Monday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

• 2 weeks later
On 4/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, Astralock said:

I am also wondering if you could provide a link to where Devs said this wasn't possible? I don't want to go chasing waterfalls, if you will, if there is some hard evidence here. 

I efforted to DM a Dev and he told me it is possible but involves a lot of front end work then it could turn into what I suggested.