Weapon based assault sets for dominators

Earth Assault:  Stone Mallet, Heavy Mallet
Icy Assault:  Ice Sword, Ice Sword Circle, Ice Slash

Martial Assault:  Shuriken Throw, Trick Shot, Caltrops, Masterful Throw, Explosive Shuriken

What kind of weapons are you looking for?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I think they mean actual weapon sets with weapon costume models, not elemental sets that happen to form an elemental weapon for a few powers. It would be neat to have something like 'Sword & Pistol Assault,' with some katana attacks and some pistol attacks. Especially after the recent page's redraw changes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Maybe an assault rifle set where you shoot and swing it around for melee attacks with the back end.

You could borrow the pummel and bayonet abilities from SOA's for that, but those two would need some hefty buffs to actually make it viable in melee. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

12 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Umbrella Assault!  Dignified and dangerous.

I never knew I wanted this so badly !

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

On 5/5/2023 at 10:47 AM, Uun said:

Earth Assault:  Stone Mallet, Heavy Mallet
Icy Assault:  Ice Sword, Ice Sword Circle, Ice Slash

Martial Assault:  Shuriken Throw, Trick Shot, Caltrops, Masterful Throw, Explosive Shuriken

What kind of weapons are you looking for?

Does martial assault even count? its basically 1 power (a shuriken) masquerading as 4 powers that take and ungodly amount of endurance to throw.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

2 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Does martial assault even count? its basically 1 power (a shuriken) masquerading as 4 powers that take and ungodly amount of endurance to throw.

Battle Axe, Broadsword, Claws, Dual Blades, Katana, Staff, Titan and Mace.

Yeah, a shuriken qualifies.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 5/5/2023 at 1:58 PM, A.I.D.A. said:

I think they mean actual weapon sets with weapon costume models, not elemental sets that happen to form an elemental weapon for a few powers. It would be neat to have something like 'Sword & Pistol Assault,' with some katana attacks and some pistol attacks. Especially after the recent page's redraw changes.

Yes exactly. I was actually trying to make a jedi for Star Wars day, and something like a grav or mind/katana assault would be perfect. Then I realized how crazy it is that we have so many weapon based melee sets, and NO weapon assault sets for doms. 

I mean, 

Battle Axe

Broad sword

katana

war mace

titan weapon

staff

dual swords

dual pistols

assault rifle

Archery

beam rifle

Seems pretty fertile ground to steal a few powers. Heck, you could even do a crossbow assault since there is crossbows and a couple animations for MOBs but not really enough for a full set. 

The Arachnos mace already has a ton of both melee and ranged attacks ready to go. The only issue is that it might be thematically a bit weird to have Arachnos-specific stuff on generic Doms but I can live with that. 

But then again, mace mastery as an epic pool is available to every AT except HEATs so...

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

The problem with making a weapon secondary for Doms is primarily technical limitations. There’s only 4 costume slots for weapons: 2 for right-hand weapons, and 2 for left hand weapons. Mace Mastery basically has one of the right-hand slots permanently reserved, since any character could need it. The only combo melee/range weapons I can think of that would really work is bow/katana, since they could use the 2 left hand slots. Otherwise, I can’t think of any options that would have the needed animations for ranged and melee options that assault sets require.

Assault Rifle Assault

Drop Beanbag for Aim

Drop Buckshot for Riflebutt, has a high chance to stun

Drop Ignite/Incinerate for Bayonet

Drop Full Auto for Wolf Spider's Heavy Burst whos name im not sure i got right

Burst

Slug

Riflebutt

M30

Flamethrower

Aim

Bayonet

Sniper

Heavy Burst

29 minutes ago, Vanden said:

The problem with making a weapon secondary for Doms is primarily technical limitations. There’s only 4 costume slots for weapons: 2 for right-hand weapons, and 2 for left hand weapons. Mace Mastery basically has one of the right-hand slots permanently reserved, since any character could need it. The only combo melee/range weapons I can think of that would really work is bow/katana, since they could use the 2 left hand slots. Otherwise, I can’t think of any options that would have the needed animations for ranged and melee options that assault sets require.

Since you can do DP/Ninja (Katana) on a blaster, I assume you could do it on a dom.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller