stuck on Talon Island

savair

7 minutes ago, savair said:

Any suggestions on how to get off I am level 14 but everyone I run in to is like level 25

There are a few solutions:

1. Broadcast or use the help chat channels to see if someone can invite you to their team to sidekick you up to a higher level, so you can leave safely.

2. Use the LFG menu to join any instanced event, as it should teleport you away.

3. Similar to 1, see if someone can invite you, then teleport you away with recall target, assemble the team, or a similar power.

4. Use sprint and simply avoid any enemies to the best of your ability.

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, TerroirNoir2 said:

Ah, old school!  I remember doing this a lot back in the day!

Oh, I just did this with a level 4, where I tried to get an exploration badge in every zone without using any power but sprint.

I think the hardest zone was the Cascades? I had to use something like three jump jets to get to the badge.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, savair said:

Any suggestions on how to get off I am level 14 but everyone I run in to is like level 25

Open the LFG window found at the top of your chat box.

Select "Dam Hero" or "The Rule of Three" from the list.

Select the "Lock To Your Group" radio button at the bottom. (this part is crucial)

Press the queue button.

Press the go button that appears in the pop-up.

Wait a few seconds and you'll be teleported to Positron in Steel Canyon.

This works for any Task/Strike force contact which is valid for your current level, as long as you are Solo and use the Lock to your Group button it acts as an ad hoc zone transporter.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Or if you want to play solo, get back on the tram and choose Steel Canyon South.  From there you can street hunt your way north gradually seeing foes level up until you reach your toons ability limit.  Plus unlike Skyway City it is relatively flat.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Just now, High_Beam said:

Or if you want to play solo, get back on the tram and choose Steel Canyon South.

My interpretation is that the OP is stuck in the zone altogether.  That being said, if worse comes to worse, they can simply allow themselves to be defeated then choose to go to the hospital, which is away from any enemies and from which they should be able to safely get to the tram/monorail or tunnel portal.

1 hour ago, biostem said:

My interpretation is that the OP is stuck in the zone altogether.  That being said, if worse comes to worse, they can simply allow themselves to be defeated then choose to go to the hospital, which is away from any enemies and from which they should be able to safely get to the tram/monorail or tunnel portal.

Oh, that was a lovely change I noticed in Brickstown during my exploration badge run: They cleared out almost all the aggro on sight enemies on the path from the Hospital to the tram, almost everything is yellow bordered there now. The exception was some freakshow on the bridge overlooking the tram, but those were engaged against some PPD.

Talos Hospital is not quite as friendly. If you're trying to get there from the tram, the block around the hillside has a number of level 24ish enemies to dodge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are people jumping to "Oh, ouro portal, beg for one" and "LFG teleporter" instead of the basics?

Open your map. Look for the white circle with a "T" on it. That's the tram.

Go there. There's room around enemies where they won't aggro. (Or, if you have a travel power... use it.)

Go onto the tram.

At level 14, you want Skyway City or Steel Canyon. Go there. Go to Talos Island or Independence Port, wherever your contacts take you, at 20.  (Faultline, south of Skyway, should also be offering missions when you hit 15.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

Why are people jumping to "Oh, ouro portal, beg for one" and "LFG teleporter" instead of the basics?

Because it is 2023 and those are the basics.

More specifically, LFG transport was the easiest way to guarantee that no matter what part of Talos Island the OP was stuck within that they could get out easily and back to a zone that is within their level range.

Sorry I tried to help. 🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

11 hours ago, biostem said:

Oh man, I hate when I paint myself in a corner like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

14 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

Oh, I just did this with a level 4, where I tried to get an exploration badge in every zone without using any power but sprint.

I think the hardest zone was the Cascades? I had to use something like three jump jets to get to the badge.

As of reading this, I'm seriously temped to make a character, and try to gain every exploration and history badge in the city without deliberately fighting anything, just run around avoiding all.  Leveling would be by badge xp rewards only, then maybe move him to the red and gold sides and continue that.  No P2W bonuses or powers, no other frills.

I wonder if they'd grant a badge for completing that adventure? 🤔 Of course, folks would start enlisting their friends or their alt accounts to clear a path, so that might not reflect a true achievement.

My question is, where the hell are they, that they're completely surrounded by 25s? Assuming they're far away from the tram, how the hell did they get out there? And if you can get out there, why wouldn't you be able to come back? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBXEUeZCLa7CSBuRxav6J

Deedee-deedee, deedee-deedee...

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

We will never know 1) how they got there 2) if they ever got out

They never made it out of that hospital in Night Ward either.  It's not looking good this time!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Snarky said:

is this that same intrepid explorer?  

It is indeed.

I now want to hang with this person just to see where we'll end up.

• Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

I am now imagining Lord Recluse turning around only to be met with a Level 5 Praetorian asking for directions. 😁

• Haha 4

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior