Graphic Fidelity

Herotu

As you can see, the shelves and items on the right are low res, but the items on the left are high res. What's going on here?

image.thumb.png.a3000924d957065ef14d138b5c9be098.png

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

That’s some Matrix stuff. About to have an Agent appear I suspect. Be prepared.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Its possible the low resolution stuff has a perfectly viewable image in the game files but it got squashed down to the size of the item ingame and lost alot of detail.  The more detailed items had their images made to fit the item so detail wasnt lost.

That,  or its a conspiracy perpetrated by the alter ego disguise company to get you to buy prescription glasses instead of empty frames to keep your identity secret. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Its possible the low resolution stuff has a perfectly viewable image in the game files but it got squashed down to the size of the item ingame and lost alot of detail.  The more detailed items had their images made to fit the item so detail wasnt lost.

That,  or its a cons

piracy perpetrated by the alter ego disguise company to get you to buy prescription glasses instead of empty frames to keep your identity secret. 

<.<

>.>

o.o

*whispers* nemesis plot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

/e poofgone

Simple: low rez items are cheaper, higher rez stuff is top shelf quality product.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 6/13/2023 at 6:54 AM, Herotu said:

As you can see, the shelves and items on the right are low res, but the items on the left are high res. What's going on here?

If I had to guess, I'd say that there were probably different developers/artists working on the textures, and perhaps some were meant to be used on much smaller items, but were instead stretched to accommodate larger meshes, thus the blurry look;  If those boxes on the right were 1/4 the size, they'd probably look fine.

I know its a natural store, which zone?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

The graphics engine was improved, either with CoV or Going Rogue, and higher resolution textures were added.  Existing textures weren't replaced wholesale, nor were higher res versions made for all existing textures.  I remember it being touted as a feature of the Issue when it was released, but I can't recall which Issue.  It's been a long time.

• Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

53 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The graphics engine was improved, either with CoV or Going Rogue, and higher resolution textures were added.  Existing textures weren't replaced wholesale, nor were higher res versions made for all existing textures.  I remember it being touted as a feature of the Issue when it was released, but I can't recall which Issue.  It's been a long time.

Going Rogue I know for sure included an engine update. Not sure about CoV.