The Homecoming of HeroStats

Is it just me or does "always on top" not work for the ingame window?

I knew I used it before and I'm pretty sure I used borderless window mode but I can't get it to work that way...

Only in "normal" windowed mode, that I really don't want to use...

Same problem! Don't want to change the games window settings.

edit: Alt+Enter seems to work. Not a fan of windowed mode but does work.

Norton keeps deleting this file saying it's unsafe.  Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. Then I deleted Norton. ;)
  • Like 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Only "issue" I've noticed in that regard is Win10 seems to not trust HeroStats at all. Both on installation (SmartScreen check) and running (UAC check). I'm guessing that this means there is no signed certificate and Win10 is very paranoid about installing/running unsigned executables. I am likewise, but knowing what this is and having access to the source I feel pretty safe ignoring it.

Just saying, that might be a point of contention to some others.

@ineffablebob - someone I know was trying to operate this on a non-Homecoming server and found that it doesn't work. I'm guessing that right now it's hardcoded for Homecoming? Is there any plans to add the executable it searches through as a configurable value, or should he mod the source and recompile?

Is it just me or does "always on top" not work for the ingame window?

To the best of my knowledge, the in-game window has never worked unless you use Windowed mode. As far as I can tell, this is because the CoH game client doesn't respect "Always on top". You don't need HeroStats to see this problem...open up Windows Task Manager, do Options->Always on Top, and then take a look at it with CoH. In full screen mode, it won't show the Task Manage, but in windowed mode, it will. Used to have this in the FAQ on the HeroStats website, but of course I haven't resurrected that...yet...

Funny. I don't remember ever running in Windowed mode, always borderless, but I definitely used HeroStats. The memory cheats, I guess!

Excelsior Global Channel - for your server wide chat and forming TFs, Trials, Radios, Farms, whatever you want to do - /chan_join Excelsior today!

Only "issue" I've noticed in that regard is Win10 seems to not trust HeroStats at all. Both on installation (SmartScreen check) and running (UAC check). I'm guessing that this means there is no signed certificate and Win10 is very paranoid about installing/running unsigned executables. I am likewise, but knowing what this is and having access to the source I feel pretty safe ignoring it.

Just saying, that might be a point of contention to some others.

That's a good point. I'm not a Windows developer outside of HeroStats, so I've never messed with the whole Microsoft verified signature thing. Something I'd like to look into, though.

@ineffablebob - someone I know was trying to operate this on a non-Homecoming server and found that it doesn't work. I'm guessing that right now it's hardcoded for Homecoming? Is there any plans to add the executable it searches through as a configurable value, or should he mod the source and recompile?

It's a source code thing, I'm afraid. I really should pull some of that info out into a config file, I suppose, just never got around to it.

I see that is seeing the AH messages but it is ignoring them. Is there a (already made) way for it to track your increase/decrease in inf from the market messages?

Nope. I could add something, but it would only know about what's in the chat messages that HeroStats sees. So it won't help you know which toon you left that recipe sale on, or your total market profits across multiple characters, or anything that you do while HeroStats isn't running. I can put it on the list of things to do if you like, though be aware it's a long list.

Version 7.2.0.0

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.2.0.0/

New Features:

- The scanner now uses a configuration file for memory locations. Less hardcoding is Good Practice.

- HeroStats now recognizes the Victory server (https://cityofheroes.dev/).

- Added a "generic" server config which may or may not work for servers using the "cityofheroes.exe" executable name.

Power Updates:

- Fixed damage tracking for Bio Armor powers Genetic Contamination and DNA Siphon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Norton keeps deleting this file saying it's unsafe.  Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I had that problem too, I had to go in and tell Norton that it was fine (I can't wait till I can delete Norton)

Do all of you think there'd be a use for a dedicated utilities forum? Other than this, Pine's, and Vidiotmaps, what's come out?

Add-ons / Apps / etc

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

*Mark (so I can find it when I get home from work)

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

https://sourceforge.net/projects/herostats/files/HeroStats%20-%20Stable/v7.2.1.0/

Version 7.2.1.0

Bug Fixes:

- HeroStats will no longer infinitely try to reconnect to a dead game client process ID.

Power Updates:

- Fixed basic damage for powers like Quills. Had to remove tracking for FlashPulse to do it, which doesn't have a detectably different message.

• Like 1

I thought I posted before but dont see it.

Can we get the option for a larger font in Hero Stats?

Hard to read at 4k.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Can we get the option for a larger font in Hero Stats?

Hard to read at 4k.

Yes, it's possible, but it will require me to make some fairly significant changes to the UI code. It was written a *long* time ago and is not as extensible as one would like. It's a good idea and something that I really ought to do as Good Coding Practice anyway. Perhaps I'll do it a small bit at a time, since overhauling everything is a major undertaking. Which parts do you use most? Hero info panel, main statistics window, in-game window?

Is there any plans for making this usable for the Rebirth or Reborn servers?

I tried those and couldn't get the HeroStats scanner to work. Something they've done to the executable is keeping it from working, and my usual scanner-fixing techniques didn't work. I haven't spent much time trying to figure it out since I don't play on those servers, but if someone else wants to figure it out I'd be happy to incorporate whatever changes are needed into the main code. As always, anyone interested in poking around can find the HeroStats code on Sourceforge.