Best Solo Corruptor

Lockpick

Fire Dark is gonna be good solo.

I prefer Rad Dark but Fire is gonna be better.

"best" is gonna be personal playstyle. if you provide more of your preferences we'd be able to zero in on something that might fit well. Ranged vs up close, damage vs debuffs, etc.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

For a solo corruptor you want something that can mitigate enough incoming damage, while being able to heal back from any damage you receive. Then being able to out DPS your targets' Regen.

I like to use things like an ice/dark, elec/kin, and beam/traps to solo with. Pretty much any powerset combo can depending on how you build it out and what tactics you use.

• Like 1

I usually like to play at range with S/L and Range capped.  I have a Defender that is Time / DP and was trying to make a Corruptor with the same powers, but was hoping it would hit harder, but the Def / Resist wasn't as good.  So thought I would check.

I do have a BR/Traps at 50, but the play style was slow.  Maybe Corruptors are not a fit for my play style I guess.

for solo play you will not really be seeing much of a difference between defender and corruptor.  in fact, defender probably does more damage solo.  corruptor does more damage in teams when defender's passive vigilance is removed and corruptor can potentially benefit from more +damage party buffs.

where you WILL see a difference is with perma-soul drain builds (really only viable with XX/Time/Dark) and /kinetics builds as both of them will blow past defender's damage cap during aim/build up but corruptor will be able to continue climbing.  if you are trying to play hover/ranged builds, that doesnt really mesh with soul drain builds... so ignore that i guess.  there is otherwise not a great reason to run solo corruptor over defender on anything else except kinetics IMO (party play is entirely separate conversation). 

as for your primary damage powerset... there isnt going to be much variance here if you want to follow 'best' -- fire is the guy.  ice is quite good all the same on corruptor with double rains and a nice exotic damage type.  most other powersets can serve you well enough, but your mileage will vary... especially against certain enemy types. 

• Like 4

Fire/Time/Soul solos very well. You can soft-cap your defenses, debuff your foes and throw out lots of damage. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

20 hours ago, Lockpick said:

I usually like to play at range with S/L and Range capped.  I have a Defender that is Time / DP and was trying to make a Corruptor with the same powers, but was hoping it would hit harder, but the Def / Resist wasn't as good.  So thought I would check.

I do have a BR/Traps at 50, but the play style was slow.  Maybe Corruptors are not a fit for my play style I guess.

Ah, good info that helps.

Corruptors aren't for everyone. They put out damage but the order of that damage can be deceiving.

Corruptors and Defenders both have their champions who'd advocate one over the other but by the time we're talking capped DEF the difference between some of the ATs narrows greatly. That doesn't mean their powers and slotting translate exactly the same. Each leverages slotting and secondaries differently,

Procs can be leveraged by Defenders maybe more than Corruptors.

You being a Time/ player.. our styles are likely a bit oil and water.

So here's an older post which might help with the set to set nuances where one is better on a corruptor but another can be better on a defender:

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you're talking ranged-only with survival tools and all that stuff to get you from 1-50 in one piece, you can't do much better than Ice/Time; with the buffs and the right build, that should be largely bulletproof. 

That said, if melting things from afar is your primary aim, I've not seen anything on two legs that beats a Fire/TA Corruptor, and that's not for a lack of trying on my part.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

Dark Dark is a beast solo.  The to hit debuffs and stacked AoE stuns can give you a LOT of time with no hassles  Here Dark Pit and Oppressive gloom work together to give you a Mag 4 stun over a decent area of anyone who decided to get close.  The various other fears and massive to hit debuffs keep jabbing at the crowd keeping them  polite as well.  Having the Mag 4 stun on a Dark using Soul Drain is a sweet mix.  Once you get into nuke zone you have a billion tricks no one can mess with.  Stun, Soul Drian, Nuke, Cleanup with cones and a ST or two.  Move on.

Corruptor - Dark Dark Mez build v 1.02.mxd

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 11/14/2023 at 2:36 PM, Snarky said:

Dark Dark is a beast solo.  The to hit debuffs and stacked AoE stuns can give you a LOT of time with no hassles  Here Dark Pit and Oppressive gloom work together to give you a Mag 4 stun over a decent area of anyone who decided to get close.  The various other fears and massive to hit debuffs keep jabbing at the crowd keeping them  polite as well.  Having the Mag 4 stun on a Dark using Soul Drain is a sweet mix.  Once you get into nuke zone you have a billion tricks no one can mess with.  Stun, Soul Drian, Nuke, Cleanup with cones and a ST or two.  Move on.

Corruptor - Dark Dark Mez build v 1.02.mxd 4.8 kB · 3 downloads

Anything Dark/X/Dark is going to be killer; I prefer Dark/Rad/Dark (mostly because the business end of Rad is so straightforward and doesnt require a lot of slotting) but /Dark, /Poison, and /Cold are all really good platforms.  

I dunno, Corruptors are just about my favorite things these days.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?

It really depends on what you mean by 'solo'.

Most of the game is simply grinding xp/inf. While no Corruptor is particularly good at this (compared to melee AT or even Blasters), there are certainly builds that are better than others. Techniques like */Time + Soul Drain or */Kinetics would tend to fall into this category.

The other part of the game is what might be termed 'achievement' - you're trying to beat difficult enemies, normally AV/GM. Here, the debuff-centric sets tend to be the best for the simple reason that they're better at keeping you alive and can leverage the power of abilities like -regen.

1 hour ago, Icono04 said:

What if we expand the search criteria to include more legs and/or fewer legs?

Can confirm, both Hamidon and Lusca hit harder than a Fire/TA Corruptor, hence the qualifier.

• Haha 2

On 11/21/2023 at 6:40 AM, Glacier Peak said:

For anything Ice Blast/ Cold Domination Corruptor 🥶 

On 11/13/2023 at 1:06 PM, roleki said:

That said, if melting things from afar is your primary aim, I've not seen anything on two legs that beats a Fire/TA Corruptor, and that's not for a lack of trying on my part.

I have incarnated out Ice/Cold and Fire/TA and both are a blast and can melt big crowds. 

For my person "fun" and playstyle I prefer the Ice/Cold because I got burnt out on all of Trick Arrow's targeted anchors. Too many binds and macros for placing all the arrows.

With Ice/Cold there's three rains, which I bound to F2/F3/F4 and target location. I didn't even need to make different team and solo builds because the three teammate buffs carry useful IO set bonuses.

It can stealth, take out big bosses, and do some amazing things on teams and solo.

• Like 2

Chiming in on my storm/storm corruptor. Got soft capped range defense and a large number of rain & lightning storms.

They can handle the S/L easy aok at max level (smooth at +2x8 before incarnate shifts, so should be similar at +3x8 after the shift).

I ended up going Mu as my epic/patron pool pick for powersink's faster recharge + conserve power, although soul looked good too. This build churns through endurance, so likely Cardiac or Vigor even though it would benefit from a Musculature.

Edited by victusfate
  • Like 2

• 1 month later
On 11/11/2023 at 11:06 AM, Lockpick said:

Anyone got any thoughts on the best solo Corruptor?

/electric is great because you can macro all your abilities to bounce off the sentinel and get faraday cage, which gives you status resistance and damage resistance on demand. My elec/ defender tanks, so it should be faster with a corrupter's dps.

• 1 month later

Woof, dark/dark corrupter is pain... for me.

I am not sure what kind of experience I was hoping for, maybe something like the blaster where things around you die. And even if you don't make it, when you come back there are fewer things because some of them died.

Dark/dark corrupter so far is not that.

My build is essentially the same as Snarky's above, some different choices, some different slotting, but the numbers are about the same.

At around 30...

- ThatS NOt fIftY!!

Yes I know, but at thirty...

- Its DIFFereNT at FIftY!!

Well, I have to go through thirty to get to fifty.

Solo, the damage is bad, like controller bad. You have to drop a million plus in accuracy IOs just to see some single digit numbers on a -1/3 mission.

Dark Pit is a serious slot for you and a 2 second annoyance for them. By the time your animation is finished, they are back to punching you in the face.

You have to throw down damage-light controls to save your life and if you take a moment to do something meaningful like a Moonbeam, half the mobs are right on your doorstep. You are like a controller pretending to be a defender pretending to be a blaster.

In a group you are fine. The fire blasters will be filling up the screen so no one will notice that you are putting down tarpits and darkest night then twilight grasping to save your skin. I joke, but group play is fine.

Solo play is rough. You need to use every trick to stay alive, use corners, try to snipe singles, drop a dot and then try to leash the adds. You end up crawling through content at mind controller speeds and it feels a little bad.

Hover blasting helps you stay alive and you will have looooots of time to consider your life choices as your cones hit single targets from the mass of mobs boiling underneath you.

Maybe your experience is different than this. But this has been my experience with it. x . x

2 hours ago, luxlorica said:

Woof, dark/dark corrupter is pain... for me.

I am not sure what kind of experience I was hoping for, maybe something like the blaster where things around you die. And even if you don't make it, when you come back there are fewer things because some of them died.

Dark/dark corrupter so far is not that.

My build is essentially the same as Snarky's above, some different choices, some different slotting, but the numbers are about the same.

At around 30...

- ThatS NOt fIftY!!

Yes I know, but at thirty...

- Its DIFFereNT at FIftY!!

Well, I have to go through thirty to get to fifty.

Solo, the damage is bad, like controller bad. You have to drop a million plus in accuracy IOs just to see some single digit numbers on a -1/3 mission.

Dark Pit is a serious slot for you and a 2 second annoyance for them. By the time your animation is finished, they are back to punching you in the face.

You have to throw down damage-light controls to save your life and if you take a moment to do something meaningful like a Moonbeam, half the mobs are right on your doorstep. You are like a controller pretending to be a defender pretending to be a blaster.

In a group you are fine. The fire blasters will be filling up the screen so no one will notice that you are putting down tarpits and darkest night then twilight grasping to save your skin. I joke, but group play is fine.

Solo play is rough. You need to use every trick to stay alive, use corners, try to snipe singles, drop a dot and then try to leash the adds. You end up crawling through content at mind controller speeds and it feels a little bad.

Hover blasting helps you stay alive and you will have looooots of time to consider your life choices as your cones hit single targets from the mass of mobs boiling underneath you.

Maybe your experience is different than this. But this has been my experience with it. x . x

I pivoted to an Ice Dark Corr which is now my main. It is good solo, but not a speed killing machine.  You get three ST Holds.  A full ST hold attack chain.  You have good ST damage.  You are pretty safe, play almost all from range.  Most of the AoE is DoT rains.  Which work great with Tar Patch and Corr Scourge, but ate not BOOM you gone powers.  On a team you are so golden.  Big debuffs with Fear -tohit slows holds -dam -res and solid Corr damage.  And a great heal that YOU are always healed by pbaoe.  Not for everyone but it fits me well and all the powers synergize.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1