Focused Feedback: Giant Monster Balancing and Rewards

Would it be possible to add a tiny %drop chance to Monstrous Aethyr to the level-less spawns, especially in Croatoa?

Ideally there would be some way to %reward the players on the team that actually defeats the final spawn that resets the Grim Vale event, but anything to get players to actually clean up that event would be welcome.

• Like 3

This is my 1st time messing with minipets now that I know the freebies menu is a thing 🙂

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but the Pet: Mini Snow Beast is sorted as if it were named Snow Beast instead of Mini Snow Beast. (Between Spirit Panther and Vanguard MVAS)

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, lemming said:

under the P2W vendor on Beta, the Monstrous Aether are still referred to as Unstable Aether.

I confirmed this also occurs on merit vendors. Further, if you try to obtain the unstable aether, it throws a warning that your inventory is full (mine was not full). So currently there is no way to grant monstrous aether for testing purposes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/28/2024 at 12:15 AM, macskull said:

So I have no way of testing whether the recipe drop rate is actually 10% as stated without triggering hundreds upon hundreds of GM spawns which would probably take days or weeks, and I can't test the Hamidon Bud drop rate for the reasons @Glacier Peak already gave. What I can do though, is use the beta freebies menus to test out the random recipes from the hologram vendor. I rolled 500 times and here are my results:

image.png.97caba1577ff7534f4478cb3cec178ce.png

It is entirely possible that this data set is simply too small to be accurate, but this distribution doesn't seem to be actually random, with seven of the seventeen entries more than one standard deviation from the mean. The four most and three least common ones are outside the range of what you'd expect, with the fourth least common just barely squeaking by.

That looks a lot like a random sample from a group of 17 items to me.  You would expect a Normal Distribution of the counts if each had the same probability, and that's pretty much what you've got.  You would expect 5.44 outside one standard deviation (and 0.85 outside two).  Only Sally falls outside the 95% confidence level if a 1 in 17 probability is the null hypothesis.  The top two and bottom two each fall outside the 10% confidence interval (1.7 would be expected in each case).

• Developer

Since it hasn't been mentioned at all, I'd like to make a request for some targeted testing of Paladin and Adamastor's telegraphed attacks - specifically, could people test CC and other methods of interrupting said attacks, and seeing what happens?

3 hours ago, Dev Unitas said:

Since it hasn't been mentioned at all, I'd like to make a request for some targeted testing of Paladin and Adamastor's telegraphed attacks - specifically, could people test CC and other methods of interrupting said attacks, and seeing what happens?

I can confirm end drain isn't preventing the telegraphed attacks - looks like Giant Monsters endurance minimum is 15, and all of their attacks cost less than this. The red text powers don't cost endurance anyway. So zapping isn't actually something that affects them at all. However, after getting them below  -75 hold Prot, the GMs get held. This does prevent them from using the telegraphed attacks without using them immediately afterwards, so it pretty much skips them.

Successfully confusing the GMs will have them still use their red text, but it won't affect any players. It's possible they can affect their minions, but they tend to kill them before they use said abilities.

BEGONE! cannot usually be prevented and successfully yeets whatever it hits, but it was failing to knock me around a few times.

Edited by Monos King
More Details
  • Thanks 3

• Developer
2 hours ago, Monos King said:

I can confirm end drain isn't preventing the telegraphed attacks - looks like Giant Monsters endurance minimum is 15, and all of their attacks cost less than this. The red text powers don't cost endurance anyway. So zapping isn't actually something that affects them at all. However, after getting them below  -75 hold Prot, the GMs get held. This does prevent them from using the telegraphed attacks without using them immediately afterwards, so it pretty much skips them.

Successfully confusing the GMs will have them still use their red text, but it won't affect any players. It's possible they can affect their minions, but they tend to kill them before they use said abilities.

BEGONE! cannot usually be prevented and successfully yeets whatever it hits, but it was failing to knock me around a few times.

Appreciative on the thorough effort here, thank you!

• Like 1

I was killing GM last night on live with a group of people and we went to fight deathserge. But it took an hour or more just to Spawn him. It felt like the gremlins spawns were being more difficult then normal. I don't fully know how there spawns work but is there a way to make their spawns more consistent or increase there Spawn rate some?

Like we fought Caleb after and that was so much easier with 3 of us.

11 minutes ago, SaxyGuitar said:

I was killing GM last night on live with a group of people and we went to fight deathserge. But it took an hour or more just to Spawn him. It felt like the gremlins spawns were being more difficult then normal. I don't fully know how there spawns work but is there a way to make their spawns more consistent or increase there Spawn rate some?

Like we fought Caleb after and that was so much easier with 3 of us.

It shouldn't take a hour or more to spawn Deathsurge. I used to do it often solo for funsies, taking me approximately 35 minutes.  It may be slightly faster duoing it, but not by much as the gremlins respawned at each station just prior to my getting there.

It sounds like you may not have hit all of the gremlin stations.  It's been a couple of years since I used to do it regularly, but there are three or four stations on the north side of Cap au Diable, and another three or four on the south side.  Also, if even one gremlin is left alive at the station, the others won't respawn.  They must be completely defeated in order for a respawn.

Edited by Lunar Ronin

1 hour ago, Lunar Ronin said:

It shouldn't take a hour or more to spawn Deathsurge. I used to do it often solo for funsies, taking me approximately 35 minutes

I'll Spawn him solo my self when I'm waiting for the SF in Cap to be put together, and this time it was just weird. I've never had it take any where near this long before.

Part of me thought maybe the clockwork at the stations were taking there spawns up north, but I don't think it works that way. The southern ones where spawning how they should from what I could tell. The 1st 30mins we didn't see any up north. I started killing the Clockworks in the stations and I watch a group of gremlins spawn in about a min. I assume this is just a coincidence, but I just wanted to note it here with the monster update feedback just incase there was something weird going on.

Edited by SaxyGuitar
  • Thumbs Up 2