City of Heroes Mods

Speaking of mods, I'm looking for the old client-side costume mod that changed one of the female bikini bottoms into the old thong bottom.

Please send me a PM if you still have it.

Thanks.

What this guy said. I'd like to get my hands on a lot of the old mods that used to be around. I used to have a lot of them until an old hard drive crapped out about 3 years ago.

I wrapped up my CoX install and all things related, and stowed it in external hard drive years ago. Digging through it recently for old Mids character builds, I also found a few mods.

I have not tested these yet in this version of the game, but if anyone would like to poke around in them, you are more than welcome to, and I hope it helps someone.

CoHCommunityMods.exe This one appears to modify the appearance of inspirations plus Ninja and Beast Run icons.

Enhancement Standardization.zip Has one set of files, plus a folder with alternate files, for power icons.

NeosEnhancementInstall.exe Probably powers as well?

One of these may be what you're looking for, Wild Claw.

The only other things I have are modifications of the FF Force Ball and /Traps Force Bubble textures (thanks to Electro) which reduces its opacity, as it gave me a major headache in its original state. Plus modifications to the Sonic powers as they, too, were headache triggers.

As I said, I haven't tested these in-game yet, so I can't be certain how/if they will work now. But no sense in hiding them in my In Memoriam CoX folder any longer, hey?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses.  I too would be interested in any links anyone may have to the old ones.

Did a little googling yesterday and found this thread on the titan forums;  https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12348.0

I seem to remember having the powerset icon one Wild Claw mentioned.  If anyone finds that or any others, please share.  Thanks

I may have found the powerset icons... Doing some searching, it looks like the fixed versions were called 'Vanden's Power Icon Fix' and it was hosted on VidiotMaps long ago. Supposedly someone saved them here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/games/cox/vm_vip_i18.exe but I'm at work right now so I can't download them to check if these are the ones I remember.

I have vague memories of one set being 'fixed' because the coded outlines that indicate whether the power is a cone, targetable, etc. were messed up on a few powers. But I also remember there being a 'shiny' set that were supposed to look metallic. I don't know which one this is, or if they're the same one. :)

Heh, was browsing the threads and this made me want to post a thread asking people to contribute to a "Mod folder structure" list.

Edit: So if you unpack these into their own folders, then the structure is VERY apparent and rather intricate. In fact, I think it would help those looking to expand the client-side mods to look into these for reference. I've noticed that one of these actually has easy to read bmp files to match the texture files as well. Now I have to decide which I wanna use!

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Just a PSA about these links.

I've come across at least one that also triggers a fake Flash update ad. Make sure to only download the files. I'll see what my AV says after unpacking them.

Update: The files scan clean with Webroot

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

They are still somewhere. I saved a few, and one of my favorites is the Beacon Labels

I'm pretty sure I used these before, but they probably need a few more added too.

• 2 weeks later

Speaking of mods, I'm looking for the old client-side costume mod that changed one of the female bikini bottoms into the old thong bottom.

Please send me a PM if you still have it.

Thanks.

What this guy said. I'd like to get my hands on a lot of the old mods that used to be around. I used to have a lot of them until an old hard drive crapped out about 3 years ago.

Bumping, because some of us are still looking for it.

• Haha 1

I'd hate to ask for server space, but it'd be REAL cool if we had a single place to keep the consolidated add-ons. for the game. ;)

I'd hate to ask for server space, but it'd be REAL cool if we had a single place to keep the consolidated add-ons. for the game. ;)

That's not a bad idea. I've got space. Someone send me a list and links of eveything useful, and I can get it all centralized.

I'm out.

I'd say working with Pines would be a good idea and crowd sourcing add-ons that people have from OG would help too. The trick would be that some of it is likely incompatible/overlapping the others and/or may need adjusted for the current game (new powers, etc). Perhaps have a stand-alone sticky "paste your app link here".

And I Totally forgot which thread I commented that on. Links above of course would be a start. >.<

• 1 month later

I found the original enter game sound from the character select screen on a old HDD. If there's any interest I can upload to Google Drive and provide a link. I know I have the original icons for the Origins for the character select screen but I have no idea what files they are in the CoH folder.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

25 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

I found the original enter game sound from the character select screen on a old HDD. If there's any interest I can upload to Google Drive and provide a link. I know I have the original icons for the Origins for the character select screen but I have no idea what files they are in the CoH folder.

What are the names of the files that you found?

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

For the sound?  CoH\data\sound\ogg\N_UI\N_Launch.ogg

Otherwise I have my entire old installation of the game from when it ended. I'm just not sure where those custom origin icons are in it. 😕

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, Invincer said:

Where in the World can I find those beacon labels??? 🙂

+1