City of Heroes Mods

There used to be a program called "Blinkie Finder", that I'd love to have. Even with Reveal from p2w, sometimes, finding Dr. Calvin, or whomever can be pretty difficult. Sometimes, this is due to poor rendering on my end...I'd swear some of the NPCs don't appear unless you're fairly close to them. 

Finding a specific boss in a mission isn't that bad, they tend to use dialog as a hint to where they are, but the npcs we need to rescue don't speak. I use a macro to target them, but even still, sometimes the Dr. Calvin mission takes me a full half hour. It gets to where I clear the map hoping the red triangles will lead me to him. 

As for beacon labels, I wouldn't mind them, but I label the portals Low, Medium, High Level, Gold, Red, etc, so I pretty much know which portal to use. 

• 1 month later
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:23 PM, Jason Bricks said:

Mods are client side only correct? Is there a way to have a mod where force field effects (bubbles) are the sonic buff effects? Ive always liked their looks better, it gave me a Sue Richards feel. 

Yes, they're client side to prevent cheating I imagine. You "might" (?) be able to do this in the costume changes screen, but I'm not sure.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 11 months later
  • 10 months later
On 7/8/2021 at 2:41 PM, JoeWinko said:

thank you 😄

On 7/5/2021 at 4:00 AM, Vulpoid said:

Check your mail!

I'd be interested in that one as well. I'm also looking for Spider-Man and any others that may be out there. I know there used to be sites that had them all for download. I was also wondering if changing the file names would change what item it replaces. For example it seems like a lot of MODs replaced firestripe but I wouldn't be able to use more than one MOD that replaced firestripe unless changing the file name works

Edited by LightningSmurf
Added more

• 2 months later
On 6/18/2019 at 3:08 PM, ShardWarrior said:

Hello i am a city of heroes lover but truthfully not to good when it comes to the enh and pvp etc etc....BUT i have made some good pvp build pre Recipes for pvp...when we use to stack up in the arenba...THE GOOD DAYS lol...SOOO i need help finding builds that r already made and i can either copy them or tweek rthem to my liking...the forums nvr rly have what im looking for or im just not seeing it or undetstanding it correctly...please someone help me

• 6 months later
  • 11 months later
  • 2 weeks later
On 2/15/2023 at 2:48 PM, FutureTails21 said:

There used to be a thing where you hit multiple enemies with a power, it would be louder, but I think Homecoming changed that. I actually liked that cause I like the sound of impact, and I was wondering if there was a mod that changes it back to the original

This blows out peoples' eardrums when you Speed Boost a League.

• Like 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

38 minutes ago, SgtDraco said:

Hey if i recall there was a mod for finding the plaques and badges? is that still a thing?

Welcome (back?) to Paragon City and the Rogue Isles!  Go to this thread here -

Follow the instructions to download and set up the City Mod Installer.  When done, look for "VidiotMaps for Homecoming" in the program.  Install it, and you should be good to go.

• 4 weeks later

I'm looking for a Mod to replace, reduce, or remove the stomping sound Kheld Dwarfs and other large characters make while walking. I checked the .pigg files on my system because I'm familiar with replacing sounds manually through the \data\ folder, but not of the .pigg files on my system contain the sound\Ogg\Feet\ folder the FemaleBootSetps.pigg mod uses to replace the high heels sounds. I used Pigg Viewer Pro and checked in \assets\live and \assets\issue24:

sound.pigg

sound1.pigg

sound2.pigg

sound3.pigg

sound4.pigg

sound5.pigg

sound6.pigg

sound7.pigg

soundPowers.pigg

soundV1.pigg

soundV2.pigg

And I didn't find any file types which I though described stomping. If anyone knows the file path and .ogg name of the PB/WS Dwarf stomping walking sound, which I think is reused in other places like MM robots, please help me out. I tried to help myself but I can't find these sound files anywhere in my Homecoming install folder which seems bizarrely incomplete even though the sound works just fine.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later

I have a modding question.  Can someone confirm that sound replacers are all or nothing?  My dream is to be able to change sounds for certain characters only, e.g. add chainsaw sounds for my Titan Weapons guy with a chainsaw, but not for every Titan Weapon in the world; or change the "thick heels" walking sound to a barefoot sound for barefoot characters only.

I assume this can't be done and once you change a sound file, it's changed for all characters in the world but if it CAN be done I'd love to know about it.  Thanks.

Edited by Zombra

21 minutes ago, Zombra said:

I have a modding question.  Can someone confirm that sound replacers are all or nothing?  My dream is to be able to change sounds for certain characters only, e.g. add chainsaw sounds for my Titan Weapons guy with a chainsaw, but not for every Titan Weapon in the world; or change the "thick heels" walking sound to a barefoot sound for barefoot characters only.

I assume this can't be done and once you change a sound file, it's changed for all characters in the world but if it CAN be done I'd love to know about it.  Thanks.

Yep, all or nothing.  The only way around it would be to make a second Homecoming installation that you use for specific characters only.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Yep, all or nothing.  The only way around it would be to make a second Homecoming installation that you use for specific characters only.

Figured as much.  Appreciate the response!

Another option would be to install the mods you want before playing a certain character, and then uninstall them once you are done with that character. You'd have to log completely out in between character swaps to do the install/uninstall, but you'd have to do that anyway if using a second separate CoH install. Install/uninstall would be easy if using City Mod Installer, but manual install/uninstall might also be feasible depending on how many sounds you wanted to mod. This method would save on storage space as well (CoH takes about 6 GB or so), if that is a concern.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would anyone happen to know the path/name of the texture file that produces the muddy red backgrounds in the character creator? I'm looking to make them invisible and I've found the corners and sides of them but the middle doesn't seem to be part of the same directory (texture_library\GUI\CREATION\HybridUI\CharecterCreationUI under stage1b.pigg). Same story with the gloss top for the thinner text bars in the ID screen. I'm really hoping the red backing isn't a hard-coded red box with no associated texture file.

screenie1.jpg.6beb997db9a62601d12deabf2c06384e.jpg

screenie2.jpg.956e7b857402582c7859f8f0dc915343.jpg

10 hours ago, megaericzero said:

Would anyone happen to know the path/name of the texture file that produces the muddy red backgrounds in the character creator? I'm looking to make them invisible and I've found the corners and sides of them but the middle doesn't seem to be part of the same directory (texture_library\GUI\CREATION\HybridUI\CharecterCreationUI under stage1b.pigg). Same story with the gloss top for the thinner text bars in the ID screen. I'm really hoping the red backing isn't a hard-coded red box with no associated texture file.

screenie1.jpg.6beb997db9a62601d12deabf2c06384e.jpg

screenie2.jpg.956e7b857402582c7859f8f0dc915343.jpg

There is a mod that changes the background to a grey in the mod installer.

Edited by Marshal_General
  • Thumbs Up 1

I didn't find what you wanted 😞  but I was going through the files and I found this...

image.thumb.png.b7aa7d5e9babd25d91446fd430503637.png

Edited by Herotu
  • Haha 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.