Excelsior queue

spacer.png

Here we go, queues, CTDs, DC errors, Lost Connection to DBServer, 2-3 mins to enter with a hero...glad we got officially licensed finally folks! 🙄

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Game over man, game over!

1 hour ago, Nostromo21 said:

spacer.png

Here we go, queues, CTDs, DC errors, Lost Connection to DBServer, 2-3 mins to enter with a hero...glad we got officially licensed finally folks! 🙄

Hey, look on the bright side:  we could have been affiliated with EA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nostromo21 said:

Technology is bad, m’kay?

IMG_0675.webp

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JasperStone said:

This is wonderful!

I may have to move back to Indom 🙂

Ha ha ha, now, let's not say anything we can't take back later....

• Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

20 hours ago, Techwright said:

Hey, look on the bright side:  we could have been affiliated with EA.

Don't even joke about that! Seems it was only temporary, most likely all those casual yanks piling onto the server during our daytime. :D

• 2 weeks later

And yet another queue, just wanted to have a quick bash (on Excelsior) before lunch, and all you swarming yanks are overloading the server in your Sat night prime-time, bleh.

If I transfer my current main to Indomitable, can I then transfer it back once the devs get this under control, or the traffic dies down again???

Surely there's a better way to load-balance virtual servers via instances and whatnot, than having hard-coded server architecture with hard player limits in 2024...:classic_wacko:

• Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, Nostromo21 said:

And yet another queue, just wanted to have a quick bash (on Excelsior) before lunch, and all you swarming yanks are overloading the server in your Sat night prime-time, bleh.

If I transfer my current main to Indomitable, can I then transfer it back once the devs get this under control, or the traffic dies down again???

Surely there's a better way to load-balance virtual servers via instances and whatnot, than having hard-coded server architecture with hard player limits in 2024...:classic_wacko:

Yes, you can transfer back.  And no, not with the way Cryptic Studios designed the character database.  They didn't believe in using SQL for MMORPGs.  Thus, here we are.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone tried exiting the queue then clicking the server again? I've done this every single time since the login issue began, and without fail it pops me into my character selection screen like normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

I play on Excelsior and I've yet to get caught in a queue. I can log in without a problem. Meanwhile, my partner logs in a minute later and ends up in something like 20/80. Well, ladies first and all that, I guess! 😂

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Nostromo21 said:

As other people have warned, just make sure to create a 'throwaway' character with the same name on the server you leave.  Otherwise when you do want to come back you might find the name taken. 

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

Look at all the servers that aren't bumping into the concurrency cap!

image.png.a6f6d12c74b27317091a8b854cbb3660.png

Iirc, you get five transfers per week, and it would be a good idea to have a character or two on the lower population severs which also get larger experience buffs. Great people on those too, and no trouble finding teams either with them peaking over 500 each whenever Excelsior is in a queue.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Andreah said:

you get five transfers per week, and it would be a good idea to have a character or two on the lower population severs which also get larger experience buffs. Great people on those too, and no trouble finding teams either with them peaking over 500 each whenever Excelsior is in a queue.

there is only Excelsior.  all else is a pale mirror

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

there is only Excelsior.  all else is a pale mirror

Ya gonna listen to this guy tell us about mirrors???

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Left 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Excuse me Mr Devs, can we please have an Indomitable for down under, so we too can have 10 players in peak hour and no AH economy, but really low pings? We love a challenge here ya know! ;) Seriously, if you are using Azure or AWS hosting, we have those in Aus - unlike those NZ sheep who are still doing 80s data centre hosting! :classic_biggrin:

14 hours ago, Nostromo21 said:

Excuse me Mr Devs, can we please have an Indomitable for down under, so we too can have 10 players in peak hour and no AH economy, but really low pings? We love a challenge here ya know! 😉 Seriously, if you are using Azure or AWS hosting, we have those in Aus - unlike those NZ sheep who are still doing 80s data centre hosting! :classic_biggrin:

The Auction House is cross server - you can post an enhancement on Excelsior and a player on Indomitable can buy it. The lag free experience is wonderful though!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png